Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you cuss at your kids?

I don’t call my kids bitches or hoes or muthfuckas. But I will say gon sit your insert funny word ass down

It’s more the malice towards them than the actual cuss word.
Yea I’m like this. I don’t call him out his name but I will go tell him to sit his ass down or not do stupid shit.

Told my kid once to calm yo ass down.. she repeated for 3 hours.
One night I overheard my mama say “fuckin asshole”

Guess why they called her to come get me from kindergarten the next day?
Another reason why you can't really cuss around kids. My lil one got oh shit from her mom it was funny i had to record her.

I don't have kids but I wouldn't cuss at them. Now when they get to an age to understand words then I might be lax in my language.

As a kid my parents didn't cuss but one time I got straight f's in conduct in school. My father seen that and said, "boy if you don't raise your grades up I'm going to whoop your ass!" Scared the shit outta me. Next report card I raised my grades up to a d.

I hate seeing people curse at their really young kids. I never used profanity with my kid until he was maybe 9 or so. HesAnd even then, I don’t cuss AT him.

It started with me using it to really go overboard about making him feel good about something. Like I drew a comic book and I read it and was like ‘Listen. This...right here...is FUCKING amazing.’. Or when he’s joking around I’ll be like ‘Bot get yo ass outta here!’

I use curse words sparingly and purposefully with my son. Will too with my daughter when she’s old enough. But you’ll never see me talking bout ‘Clean yo motherfuckin room before I beat yo ass!’.

Na.

Yes. I try not to but my son hard headed as fuck. I ask him to do something nice and it's like talking to a wall. Only when I yell he listens.

My words of choice is ass, dahell and dafuck. Never when he was younger he's 16 now and he's starting to smell himself
Not long left until he's challenging you for the throne.

Of course I curse at mine, they understand that better it seems.

Nope

and even when I fuss at them if I feel like I went too far I will apologize

This is BIG, my nigga. I apologize to my kid more than I’d like. But it is what it is. If I’m snappy and he gets the brunt of it, when it’s underserved, I GOTTA go back in his room later and tell him ‘Hey. I apologize for being snappy. You didn’t do anything. I’m annoyed with xyz. Not you.’. He really appreciates the shit. And he needs to learn to show his own children that same respect and that grown men apologize when they’re wrong.

This is BIG, my nigga. I apologize to my kid more than I’d like. But it is what it is. If I’m snappy and he gets the brunt of it, when it’s underserved, I GOTTA go back in his room later and tell him ‘Hey. I apologize for being snappy. You didn’t do anything. I’m annoyed with xyz. Not you.’. He really appreciates the shit. And he needs to learn to show his own children that same respect and that grown men apologize when they’re wrong.
Yeah man.
I just know the way I was raised and how my parents would shout me down or slap cuss me out was toxic. Shit even some of the spankings...its all toxic and I refuse to be that type of parent to my children

Yeah man.
I just know the way I was raised and how my parents would shout me down or slap cuss me out was toxic. Shit even some of the spankings...its all toxic and I refuse to be that type of parent to my children

When I do these things with my son, I can see that he not only understands but appreciates it. Like yall, I refuse to pass some of the shit that I've experienced down to him.

My parents didn't cuss at me. So by the time I started cussing on my own, I had a wide enough vocabulary to express emotion without mashing the fuck/shit/bitch buttons.

I hate seeing parents cuss at their kids. It makes my skin crawl and its abusive asf in my opinion. Do you cuss at your children? were you cussed at as a child?

My family originates from Central Africa.

Every Central, West or North African kid get cussed the souls out of their bodies and worse on a frequent basis during their youth.
Cussing at and beating kids is so commonplace in most African societies nowadays than for most of us, seeing a grown person get cussed at by her older siblings and parents is our standard perception of being a verbally abusive parental or familial authority.

I can’t even curse without my daughter going “Mommy, remember, that’s a no no word”

lmao! I love to curse but she shuts me down QUICK and respectfully, I appreciate her efforts since I try not to curse especially while I’m working (she’s with me while I work too).

Back