Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Not sure about this so someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you stream X songs on Apple Music listen to the re-recorded versions. I think they re-recorded songs so they can own them and get paid off of them. Cam'ron mentioned this on Drink Champs last week.
ya i shock when i heard that

I hope Def Jam do right by DMX and give them the earnings off his music. Even if it may not be much, him and his family deserves that much.
DMX or whoever owns that publishing probably makes a lot of money.

If we're talking about rappers with great commercial impact he's high up there

He has music in like commercials and movies and has classics that get spent in every 5 o clock traffic jam across the country and random mix shows.

He also gets mainstream club spins.White ppl love Party Up until this day a lot.

They're not like when he was in rotation,but he might generate a million a yr off his pub now

Felt good driving around bumping all songs X or featuring X.

Man listen...that muthafucca had me internally hype af while driving. Almost drove reckless on the interstate. Lol
Man look when I got off work. I told my girl to order some food. Picked that up and got in car. What's My Name came on. Nigga turn that all the way up and windows down. I'm sure the car next to me was scared as fuck. Like they was next to me then I saw them in my rear view. Lol. I'm saying all the words and shit.
You half rapping ass mofos. You think it's a game. You think it's a fuckin game. Barking and shit.

DMX or whoever owns that publishing probably makes a lot of money.

If we're talking about rappers with great commercial impact he's high up there

He has music in like commercials and movies and has classics that get spent in every 5 o clock traffic jam across the country and random mix shows.

He also gets mainstream club spins.White ppl love Party Up until this day a lot.

They're not like when he was in rotation,but he might generate a million a yr off his pub now
True. I wish Swizz could've got him a management deal with Roc Nation instead of letting him sign to Def Jam again

Man look when I got off work. I told my girl to order some food. Picked that up and got in car. What's My Name came on. Nigga turn that all the way up and windows down. I'm sure the car next to me was scared as fuck. Like they was next to me then I saw them in my rear view. Lol. I'm saying all the words and shit.
You half rapping ass mofos. You think it's a game. You think it's a fuckin game. Barking and shit.
i was playing where the hood at in traffic and this old couple was watchin me but i aint give a fuck

i was playing where the hood at in traffic and this old couple was watchin me but i aint give a fuck

Geezus crust when this came on tho...

giphy-1 (1).gif

You play this shyt while working out in the gym...you're liable to do something stupid. Like...tryin to bench press 750lbs, b/c you're so fuccin hyped! Lol!

XXL: Are you following the presidential race?

DMX: Not at all.

XXL: You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.

DMX: His name is Barack?!

XXL: Barack Obama, yeah.

DMX: Barack?!

XXL: Barack.

DMX: What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

XXL: Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.

DMX: Barack Obama?

XXL: Yeah.

DMX: What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

XXL: You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.

DMX: I ain’t really paying much attention.

XXL: I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…

DMX: Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

Not sure about this so someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you stream X songs on Apple Music listen to the re-recorded versions. I think they re-recorded songs so they can own them and get paid off of them. Cam'ron mentioned this on Drink Champs last week.
I hope Def Jam do right by DMX and give them the earnings off his music. Even if it may not be much, him and his family deserves that much.

somebody needs to verify this and put the word i
out before the rip.fervor has died down..thst man got lil kids right..

spotfiy got a show listed for dmx to perform at somewhere in texas...on the 30th..like budden said about wayne there is no reason for him to still have to do those

bad business and just a shady industry keep these rappers slaves to the game

also I feel funk flex and master p on nipsey hussle that some people just showing fake respect cuz its trendy

XXL: Are you following the presidential race?

DMX: Not at all.

XXL: You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.

DMX: His name is Barack?!

XXL: Barack Obama, yeah.

DMX: Barack?!

XXL: Barack.

DMX: What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

XXL: Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.

DMX: Barack Obama?

XXL: Yeah.

DMX: What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

XXL: You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.

DMX: I ain’t really paying much attention.

XXL: I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…

DMX: Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.
wait, wait, wait.....this where the Boondocks got that from....I.DID.NOT.KNOW.THIS.

somebody needs to verify this and put the word i
out before the rip.fervor has died down..thst man got lil kids right..

spotfiy got a show listed for dmx to perform at somewhere in texas...on the 30th..like budden said about wayne there is no reason for him to still have to do those

bad business and just a shady industry keep these rappers slaves to the game

also I feel funk flex and master p on nipsey hussle that some people just showing fake respect cuz its trendy
Yeah but back then in that era, major labels is all rappers wanted to sign to. The information about benefits of being independent wasn't out there like that than it is now. He also have a lot of kids, etc. I pray his music make a lot to where his kids will be straight. God bless his soul.

Back