Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Quick story time, again. As I process this death, I'm gettin random flashbacks of DMX stories from my childhood. So pls bare w me.
One of my good friends at the time had a parent die and leave him like 10k. Which at the time was alotta money, since none of us had kids or mortgages. He moved in with his best friend bc he had nowhere to live.
His "best friend" robbed em and took like 5k of what he had stashed in his bed room.
My friend didnt even fight em or do anything, since he was dealin w the death of his parents and waant even w that energy.
He just came over to where we was at and played "used to be my dog" for like an hour str8 while we smoked and drank.
The kid that robbed em ended up committing suicide some time after, guess he had his own demons.

DMX had niggas hyped when this shit came on man......YALL MUTHAFUCKAS READY OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!- DMX

Maaan...if u were out during this time. You experienced one of the best hip hop eras ever.
This fucking song used to get me hyped as fuck. You couldn't tell me shit after I played this. Just the way that beat comes in and then Xs voice follows. Still one of Jay-z's greatest verses. They all killed it! What an album that woulda been if they followed thru w that...jeeesssuss!

See the source image

Back