Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

so what I heard was somebody laced his weed with crack back in the day, and that got him addicted to it??? That's some fucked up shit

I liked Canibus' sophomore album musically, but he never got that push from the industry he got before that LL beef.

Wyclef stopped fucking with him in the midst of all that shit.

Yes he has gone on to make many projects his fanbase likes and have an indie presence but that shit derailed him.

Canibus was getting a major mainstream push for an underground lyricist type.
I wouldn’t say it was the 4321 verse that did it because he snapped back with 2nd round ko. The 99% of your fans don’t exist is what did him in

NYPost is lame. They made a article about the houses DMX lost during his rap career... wow

Seen that...didnt even click on it. Horrible timing and pathetic journalism. Why dont they do an article on his upbringing and the role that poverty, mental health issues and growing up in a single parent home had on his substance use disorder as an adult. But nah, let's focus on his lost real estate SMDH

LL pulled a punk move on Canibus if we all bein' real.

DMX killed that shit

Meth&Red who were on the song both said LL over reacted and made a big deal outta nothing. Then Def Jam got involved and basically blackballed Canibus. Then LL recorded a phone convo w Canibus basically coppin pleas bc he knew the battle was killing his career and bag. Recorded phone call got released to further kill the guy. Song wise, Canibus won that battle. Nothing LL released was anywhere close to 2nd Rd KO. But LL won the bigger battle, but that had more to do w Def Jam than w the actual music that was released

Nah Canibus was being slick and there was some extra bars on the original version where I always thought Canibus was throwing darts at LL.

Then that verse caused the beef between Eminem and Bis because Canibus' heard Eminem wrote it or helped write it but he didn't.

Dmx' s verse is hard though.

"Yo Meth where the Gods at ?/ Red where the squad at ?/ yo L is that a mic on your arm ? Lemme borrow that" I don't think Bis was being slick.

Back