Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Yeah,but I think most ppl hoped he'd make it.

In the overall history of rap X is in the top 20-50 somewhere for me.

Other ppl might have him as their number 1 or top 5-10,but X was never in my personal top 5 at any time.

This is no shade,I love X as an artist and a person,but for my personal taste he's not my fav kind of MC,but I understand his appeal and I get why ppl love DMX.

Yea, these are like my exact sentiments

I'd say around 35, no lower than 40 for me

but one of the main reasons we love him is his honesty & realness

that shit resonates as is seen w/ the outpouring of love from round the world

BIG brought NY back commercially and was a trendsetter who's blueprint is still part of the template for modern rap.

I have no doubt that that with BIG's skill set he couldn't have been like Jay Z now.

Pac already had several albums when he died.

Pac was a living legend when he died and his blue print still remains until this day.

Even if Pac had made nothing but wack albums for the rest of his career his spot was solidified

Pac was that nigga before we knew what being that nigga was .He was everywhere from the national news to rap City.

Niggas still trying to conjure that type of mania.
I don't disagree. Not saying Kanye is anywhere near Pac or Big status, but throwing him out as an example of how things turn.

Had he died after Graduation, his status would be a lot different today than it is. He's still a musical genius, but people don't hold him in the same regard they did back then.

Ok, derailment done for me. Feel free to address my post if so inclined but I'm bowing out now.

Good discussion though for another thread if there's not such a thread already.

I don't disagree. Not saying Kanye is anywhere near Pac or Big status, but throwing him out as an example of how things turn.

Had he died after Graduation, his status would be a lot different today than it is. He's still a musical genius, but people don't hold him in the same regard they did back then.

Ok, derailment done for me. Feel free to address my post if so inclined but I'm bowing out now.

Nah after MBDTF

Facts.

One thing I can say is he embodies hip hop .That's that dog X.

X is no doubt a legend and he sparks legend convos.

DMX said he was sober on drink champs but Nore still wanted him to drink? Smfh

Nore has to chill w having people who are known for having substance use issues getting fucked up, up there. Is not a good look for anyone involved. Like I know he wants dirt and a good interview, but he can do that without that.
The Odom interview was mad uncomfortable to watch and I didnt particularly like the fact that he had X on there taking shots

Yeah,but I think most ppl hoped he'd make it.

In the overall history of rap X is in the top 20-50 somewhere for me.

Other ppl might have him as their number 1 or top 5-10,but X was never in my personal top 5 at any time.

This is no shade,I love X as an artist and a person,but for my personal taste he's not my fav kind of MC,but I understand his appeal and I get why ppl love DMX.

I don't know where he ranks for anyone else. But I know this much. You can't name 20 better rappers than X to me.

Nore has to chill w having people who are known for having substance use issues getting fucked up, up there. Is not a good look for anyone involved. Like I know he wants dirt and a good interview, but he can do that without that.
The Odom interview was mad uncomfortable to watch and I didnt particularly like the fact that he had X on there taking shots
Again...

Niggas is grown ass men making the decision to go on a show centered around drinking.Cam just was on the drink champs and only drank water.

Last edited:
Again...

Niggas is grown ass men making the decision to go on a show centered aroun drinking.Cam just was on the drink champs and only drank water.
You in a room with executives who is drinking wine, you don't drink wine but you see 10 executives drinking wine.. what you going to do? Drink water?

Again...

Niggas is grown ass men making the decision to go on a show centered around drinking.Cam just was on the drink champs and only drank water.

Cam also doesn't have the history of addiction DMX has so his ability for self control in those situations would be higher than a life long addict.

Back