Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Oh man, Ive fckd up and listened to quite abit of X today and seeing some of these reports about him being in a vegetative state have hit me... Like dude really might not bounce back...

I just always though X was indestructible...

Fck, I hope he pulls through and sees how much love people have for him...

Ive still not watched any Kobe documentaries or books because I know that sh!t will hit too hard...

I Kinda feel bad for Nore tho. Alot of People mad at him because he kept tellin X to drink even tho he said his sober.

DMX said he was sober on drink champs but Nore still wanted him to drink? Smfh

yup he was drinkin after being sober for a while (dmx own words) shit had him (going back to not being sober (twitter)

I had to go check on this cuz X is a grown man....there may be some pressure from Nore to drink more later but im 25 mins in and X grabs a bottle himself and says are we crackin this or what?

havent heard a mention of being sober yet

Sadly I got a partner who is a rapper who was more known in the mid-late 90's who's on this path.

I was just saying how We see ppl living them wild drug lives and it's kinda normal to us,but we getting older and niggas are just randomly dying.

we all kinda knew he would self destruct at some point but the funny thing about X is, if he had done it 20 years ago he'd be in the argument as the Goat and now most people don't include him in their Top 10 or 25 despite everybody loving him

Maybe back when X was going hard on the substances his body had a big tolerance, then being sober for however long lowered that tolerance...

Or maybe his age played apart and his body had simply run too many hard miles and gave in...

Just got to keep that positive energy going and hope he pulls though...

its a number of things including the age because your body just wears down

but that first line is real.....see it all the time.....mf's be used to doing 2-3 grams of blow or meth in a day and get locked up for a year,....get out and try to go right back to that level....blow ya damn heart up

we all kinda knew he would self destruct at some point but the funny thing about X is, if he had done it 20 years ago he'd be in the argument as the Goat and now most people don't include him in their Top 10 or 25 despite everybody loving him

Yeah,but I think most ppl hoped he'd make it.

In the overall history of rap X is in the top 20-50 somewhere for me.

Other ppl might have him as their number 1 or top 5-10,but X was never in my personal top 5 at any time.

This is no shade,I love X as an artist and a person,but for my personal taste he's not my fav kind of MC,but I understand his appeal and I get why ppl love DMX.

A lot of rappers if they had passed young like Biggie and Pac would have been considered top 5 dead or alive but they lived long enough to reveal chinks in the armor.

A lot of rappers if they had passed young like Biggie and Pac would have been considered top 5 dead or alive but they lived long enough to reveal chinks in the armor.

I don't have any other dead rappers in my top 5 besides BIG and Pac anyway. Honorable mention to Big Pun though and Nip though.

No disrespect but most ppl aren't putting the other dead rappers in their top 5 in general.

Doesn't mean they weren't fire rappers in their own right.

I don't have any other dead rappers in my top 5 besides BIG and Pac anyway. Honorable mention to Big Pun though and Nip though.

No disrespect but most ppl aren't putting the other dead rappers in their top 5 in general.

Doesn't mean they weren't fire rappers in their own right.

The point was Image if Cube died after Predator or Lethal Injection

Or Rakim after Follow The Leader/ Let The Rhythm

Or if LL died after Mr. Smith.

All of them are highly regarded. If they passed early it probably would've even more.

Nip is not a top5 rapper
I know.That's why I gave him a honorable mention and Pun

I would rank Pun fairly high on a rapper list and Nip would be way farther down the list,but he would get a spot for me somewhere in a top 100 list.

Plus I saw what he really meant to LA out there and it was no cap.The love is real.

Niggas be saying they running the city,but bruh really was moving out there and still got ppl eating off several businesses out there.

But as an MC,I always thought Nip was fire.

He was like mixing Kurupt,who is one of my fav rappers with Snoop updated and could hang on a track with Lloyd Banks and go in that bag.

The point was Image if Cube died after Predator or Lethal Injection

Or Rakim after Follow The Leader/ Let The Rhythm

Or if LL died after Mr. Smith.

All of them are highly regarded. If they passed early it probably would've even more.
This right here. Some of these rappers had they passed at their pinnacle, would be god status.

And I love Big and Pac as much as the next man, but who knows what their legacy might have been had they lived.

If Prodigy died after Hell On Earth he would be consider the best to ever do it
Dying does not make rappers better to me

it makes me cherish what they did when they were here more if they were good rappers to me.

BIG isn't considered top 5 by a lot of ppl just for dying.

But I'm sure a lot of ppl slide ppl way up the scale when they pass away.

Either way, didn’t mean to derail. X is one of my favorite rappers and favorite rap personalities. Dude just seems 100% genuine. He’s probably top 3 for me hands down, and Jay and Nas are not in my top 3.

Hope he pulls through. I was happy he put on weight cause to me that was a sign he was getting better. It’s sad it’s taken a turn cause I just knew he was finally past the BS.

This right here. Some of these rappers had they passed at their pinnacle, would be god status.

And I love Big and Pac as much as the next man, but who knows what their legacy might have been had they lived.
BIG brought NY back commercially and was a trendsetter who's blueprint is still part of the template for modern rap.

I have no doubt that that with BIG's skill set he couldn't have been like Jay Z now.

Pac already had several albums when he died.

Pac was a living legend when he died and his blue print still remains until this day.

Even if Pac had made nothing but wack albums for the rest of his career his spot was solidified

Pac was that nigga before we knew what being that nigga was .He was everywhere from the national news to rap City.

Niggas still trying to conjure that type of mania.

Back