Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

Not my man X. Undoubtedly one of my favorite rappers and people as a kid growing up in Jamaica. The first album I ever bought with my own money was its dark and hell is hot on my first trip to NY. That man was dam near my hero as a kid. He could do no wrong musically. Idk y it resonated with me the way it did, but it did.
One of the greatest moments of my life as a kid was Summer 98.
My ppl use to do an annual show in Jamaica called Fullyloaded. All the big local artists and sound systems would come perform. This night in 98 in the prime of the show, when the local artists are killing it they bring out a special guests artist. Nobody knew who it was. Then that man stepped out and growled. The biggest hip hop star at the time, right there on the lil rickety ass stage in lil Jamaica, in front my eyes, totally unexpected and unannounced, my hero, my DOG! GREAT life moment.

Get well X. We need you

Tried listening to slipping just now and had to immediately turn it off. Had me about to break the fuck down. This can't be life..

that and ready to meet him. both are great songs but i cant listen to them at the moment

i'm trying to stay positive here. whatever happens this should be a DMX appreciation thread.

Last edited:
Shits sad. Hope he pulls through. I aint seen or heard much from DMX since he was released from prison but he seemed really fucked up during that versuz with snoop. I thought the drug abuse just had him permafried.

yea he looked healthy at the Verzuz and seemed to be good in spirits too.

tbh his verzuz is all i keep thinking about now cause i was happy to see him up, performing and enjoying himself

it was a feel good moment

Back