Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Akademiks said the pioneers of Hip Hop are dusty and Broke LL Cool J responds

Your Thoughts On Akademiks Calling The Pioneers "Dusty"

• He's right

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Akademiks is wack

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
I just watching the JBP on their thought on this and i thought it was ok. It was ok because 1 thing i didnt understand is....Joe knows him and prob has his number. He could of called him and had him on the podcast for a few min while they shared their thoughts on his comments.

You'd have to religiously follow all his pages for him to annoy you tho...

Not really. I don't follow him at all. I actually have his account muted on social media...but when people react to the shit he says you inevitably see the shit he says. Now how deep a person goes after that is all on them. But you can come across his shit without actively seeking it out

Not really. I don't follow him at all. I actually have his account muted on social media...but when people react to the shit he says you inevitably see the shit he says. Now how deep a person goes after that is all on them. But you can come across his shit without actively seeking it out
It’s like Andrew Tate ,I’ve never follow any of his stuff but he would always pop up on my Instagram feed

LLS at this nigga saying I don't get no sleep, I sleep 4 hours a days and 2-3 hours mid-day. So I feel asleep listening to the Drake album.

It's still "fuck Ak" just on GP...

... But he gets a pass right now. Nigga made some valid points.

I can't believe I watched/listened to that whole muhfuckin interview tho...
I watched it too and its just something about him that I just can't get with. Maybe it's because he deals with a lot of artists that I don't listen to or not a fan of.

You'd have to be an idiot to diss the pioneers

Not if it can garner this much attention/publicity.

Listen, we cant sit here and pretend ak didn't know he was doin when he said what he said. He's built his whole career on being dismissive about many aspects of rap/hiphop culture. He's been an advocate for the here and now attitude that perpetuates the issues these pioneers face.

Akidemics is a follower with followers. When he was on Everyday Struggle he would often say the opinions he shares aren't his own but that of his followers. What he and most media do is what it takes to bring the masses to themselves instead of bringing things to the masses. He champions whats already popular be it artist or ideology. He uses popularity and status to justify most if not all his arguments. He's a literal personification of "fuck legacy what have you done for me lately".

So to believe he had nothing but this serious point to make and that he couldn't do so without throwing that shot is laughable.

I do get a lil weirded out when black people say social justice warrior like it’s a bad thing

When i said, "like some SJW's", i meant literally like some of them, not SJW's in general. I see how it could of been confusing tho. And I mean the ones (that are mainly pushing their blog) that are outraged over everything. They'll comb through years of tweet history to find some obscure tweet that will give them an angle to be fake outraged about.

Yikes using the white mans pejorative

And white people dont really say SJW's anymore. Its too broad of a term. Right now its "woke", so other white people know they lowkey mean blacks without having to say blacks.

Something came across my FB feed talmbout DJ Vlad just interviewed the hip hop legend Ak was referring to when he called the pioneers "dusty and broke". Been trying to find it again so I could screen shot it, but that shit's gone. If it pops up again, I'll post it.

Since we're celebrating 50 years of Hip Hop

Akademiks makes his living podcasting about Hip Hop calling the pioneers "dusty".

It's partially true but ak said it in a disrespectful ungrateful snake leech culture vulture ass way

Back