Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Akademiks: "I always wanted a bad REDBONE, but only attract DARK skin chicks with ugly faces"

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner

Do you normally attract the type you're not attracted to?
Do you prefer light skin or dark skin?​

giphy.gif

men like this gotta leave black women of all shades alone

This nigga a fool. Yes niggas wanted bad red ones when we was kids but no grown man should be so dumb. Skin tone don't matter to me. I do feel I have more contact with women darker than me and I don't consider myself a light skin nigga.

This is when I thank my parents. I can honestly say, I've always loved being my skin tone. Never thought being lighter was better.

Thanks mom and dad.
IMG_6903.GIF

Why tho? A nigga can't have a preference?
u can have a preference but ppl who talk all day bout their preferences, n specifically about ppl who don't fit that preference, r suspect.

it sounds like he puts light skin on a pedestal. being colorstruck is like being a lightweight raccoon, imo.

u can technically prefer white women n insist it's just a preference, too.

u can have a preference but ppl who talk all day bout their preferences, n specifically about ppl who don't fit that preference, r suspect.

it sounds like he puts light skin on a pedestal. being colorstruck is like being a lightweight raccoon, imo.

u can technically prefer white women n insist it's just a preference, too.

But if she's black, how is he a coon?

But if she's black, how is he a coon?
true she is black, which is why I said that makes him a lightweight one. he's basing his preferences on the eurocentric beauty standard.

yes, u cld say it's a coincidence, but it is mighty perfectly aligned with what's pushed by white supremacist society.

true she is black, which is why I said that makes him a lightweight one. he's basing his preferences on the eurocentric beauty standard.

yes, u cld say it's a coincidence, but it is mighty perfectly aligned with what's pushed by white supremacist society.

There wasn't light skin women in Africa before europe was discovered?

There wasn't light skin women in Africa before europe was discovered?
there were and still are many light skin women in Africa. that isn't what I'm talkin about so don't strawman me, boo lol

eurocentric beauty standards have been pushed n it's only recently that it started being challenged more, with the exception of the 70s burst.

when I say eurocentric beauty standards, i aint crediting light skin to Europeans or European influence. im sayin that in a western context, it's upheld as the beauty standard because of it's proximity to whiteness. not because of appreciation of the diversity of blackness.

so when a guy like Akademiks comes out saying he's tired of attracting dark skin chicks and all his life he wanted a redbone, I aint reaching to suspect that his lifelong desire to have a redbone comes from eurocentric beauty standards that put anything with proximity to whiteness on a pedestal.

there were and still are many light skin women in Africa.

So you don't think there were niggas in africa who preferred a lighter skin toned chick back then?

So you don't think there were niggas in africa who preferred a lighter skin toned chick back then?
I'm not talking about Africa, I'm talking about the black diaspora.

u can read the rest of my post now.

eurocentric beauty standards have been pushed n it's only recently that it started being challenged more, with the exception of the 70s burst.

when I say eurocentric beauty standards, i aint crediting light skin to Europeans or European influence. im sayin that in a western context, it's upheld as the beauty standard because of it's proximity to whiteness. not because of appreciation of the diversity of blackness.

so when a guy like Akademiks comes out saying he's tired of attracting dark skin chicks and all his life he wanted a redbone, I aint reaching to suspect that his lifelong desire to have a redbone comes from eurocentric beauty standards that put anything with proximity to whiteness on a pedestal.

I'm not talking about Africa, I'm talking about the black diaspora.

u can read the rest of my post now.

Idc about europe. You can't credit Europe or their standards for being the reason why some men's preference are lighter skinned BLACK women, when it's been going on before Europe even existed.

Reactions: GNS
Back