Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Disney+ streaming service ($6.99/month) to launch in November to rival Netflix

Nah Netflix good.

it's gonna take years and some good original content for them to to even reach half of what Netflix has in subscriber base.

I think you're underestimating the power of the Disney brand and the amount of desirable content they're bringing to Disney+ and Hulu. All while offering 3 services for less than what Netflix costs.

Netflix will feel this. Unless they're lowering their price point or introducing their own bundle, they'll feel it sooner than later.

Disney has been planning this for a long time, it’s also why they bought Hulu and are packaging ESPN w it. You get 3 streaming platforms, not just Disney+, and they’ll have a gang of stuff there, Disney Classics alone will be a huge selling point. They have don’t need to rely on original content. They’re smart on how they’re rolling this out tbh...

I think you're underestimating the power of the Disney brand and the amount of desirable content they're bringing to Disney+ and Hulu. All while offering 3 services for less than what Netflix costs.

Netflix will feel this. Unless they're lowering their price point or introducing their own bundle, they'll feel it sooner than later.

We're interested in the app for the marvel shows but they're gonna need a Stranger Things, OITNB, House of Cards, Last Chance U, a Chappelle & Chris Rock stand-up special, a potential Eddie stand-up.

Your vastly overesitmating Disney if you think them Marvel shows and the OG Dumbo is gonna keep people subscribing to the app.

Disney has been planning this for a long time, it’s also why they bought Hulu and are packaging ESPN w it. You get 3 streaming platforms, not just Disney+, and they’ll have a gang of stuff there, Disney Classics alone will be a huge selling point. They have don’t need to rely on original content. They’re smart on how they’re rolling this out tbh...

Yes they do.

Why you think the Netflix, Primes, and Hulu offer them.

Cuz watching the same movies and shows over & over ain't worth $10 a month.

We're interested in the app for the marvel shows but they're gonna need a Stranger Things, OITNB, House of Cards, Last Chance U, a Chappelle & Chris Rock stand-up special, a potential Eddie stand-up.

Your vastly overesitmating Disney if you think them Marvel shows and the OG Dumbo is gonna keep people subscribing to the app.

With Disney+ and Hulu they have Disney's extensive library, Fox's extensive library, Marvel, Star Wars and they're throwing in ESPN+ all for less than what Netflix alone costs? How am I vastly overestimating anything?

Edit: I forgot to mention the reimaginings and original content that Disney has planned for Disney+. Aren't you the poster that I sent the link for the Disney+ preview page?

Yes they do.

Why you think the Netflix, Primes, and Hulu offer them.

Cuz watching the same movies and shows over & over ain't worth $10 a month.

should’ve clarified... they don’t need to rely on original content as an initial opening selling point. Hulu and ESPN, plus Disney’s movie classics, Marvel and Star Wars, plus all their animated tv shows (including classics and shorts etc) are enough to start them off. By the time it’s 2020/2021 everyone will be on board and then they’ll drop their original content..

With Disney+ and Hulu they have Disney's extensive library, Fox's extensive library, Marvel, Star Wars and they're throwing in ESPN+ all for less than what Netflix alone costs? How am I vastly overestimating anything?

Edit: I forgot to mention the reimaginings and original content that Disney has planned for Disney+. Aren't you the poster that I sent the link for the Disney+ preview page?
should’ve clarified... they don’t need to rely on original content as an initial opening selling point. Hulu and ESPN, plus Disney’s movie classics, Marvel and Star Wars, plus all their animated tv shows (including classics and shorts etc) are enough to start them off. By the time it’s 2020/2021 everyone will be on board and then they’ll drop their original content..

That DC app offered all the old movies and shows, comics, and new programming.

Now it's on the verge of being scrapped.

Let's see what they do. I'm not gonna call it a success just cuz it's Disney.

That DC app offered all the old movies and shows, comics, and new programming.

Now it's on the verge of being scrapped.

Let's see what they do. I'm not gonna call it a success just cuz it's Disney.

You're comparing a DC app with a fraction of the content to Disney+? I don't even have to mention the other two apps to be able to say that the DC app has a fraction of the content that Disney+ alone will offer. Then you add in Hulu and ESPN+ on a bundle for $13.....

Yes. Cuz Lady and The Tramp ain't gonna hold people over til they get new content on there.

And if people wanted Hulu, they could've been had Hulu.

You can't be serious. Lady and The Tramp? People could've been had Hulu? This is your logic?

Nah Netflix good.

it's gonna take years and some good original content for them to to even reach half of what Netflix has in subscriber base.
Bullshit if it won't for some of their in house shows they would've been dead because their movie catalog is not all that great they change it up too much

Back