Welcome To aBlackWeb

but she wasnt a white character. she hadnt been assigned a race or gender binary. it was just a spirit/soul.

race only matters on earth. sis dwelled in the realm before life

I know this, however, the facts are a white actress played 22. I think that’s what got a lot of people, it got to more people than folks understand. We as adults know the idea behind 22, it doesn’t mean the idea is something everyone is ok with.

Overall, it’s still a cute movie and I’d watch it again. Although this is something many pointed out, the movie still had many things we can be proud to finally see when it comes to representation (barbershop scene).

Overall, it’s still a cute movie and I’d watch it again. Although this is something many pointed out, the movie still had many things we can be proud to finally see when it comes to representation (barbershop scene).

I feel it’s another half assed attempt like The Princess and The Frog. Pixar did a better job representing Mexican culture with CoCo than they did representing us with Soul.

I feel it’s another half assed attempt like The Princess and The Frog. Pixar did a better job representing Mexican culture with CoCo than they did representing us with Soul.

It was a half assed attempt and people are excited behind the idea they had.
The movie genuinely had much more potential to show more Black culture but I digress.

I'm trying to figure out if we should watch this or not. In many ways we are still reeling from having lost our youngest daughter. My oldest daughter misses her sister terribly. A few days ago she saw a St. Jude commercial that had her worked up pretty good. I wonder if a movie like this might be too much for her/us right now.

I'm trying to figure out if we should watch this or not. In many ways we are still reeling from having lost our youngest daughter. My oldest daughter misses her sister terribly. A few days ago she saw a St. Jude commercial that had her worked up pretty good. I wonder if a movie like this might be too much for her/us right now.
It's going to speak about death and souls going to heaven. There may be a scene about the lost souls that might spark something in your daughter but it's not on some too heavy type stuff bro. If I was youe and the wife would be right there beside her as a unit hugged up or at least near each watching it. All the parts are light-hearted though just so you know

I wouldn’t do it imo

Niggas arguing over a blue blob is hilarious tho. I didn't even think about the soul being a color or the black man was chasing after the feelings hurt white woman. If you dive into looking at it from the perspective then I could see the point

I took the visual as all those souls looked exactly a like except the main character of course because he had lived and died but the new souls all looked alike and that was point.

Anyway, I’m done here. There are other perceptions, ya’ll will live just because people have them.

Hmmmm I’d wait a lil bit longer don’t want to trigger anything

It was a half assed attempt and people are excited behind the idea they had.
The movie genuinely had much more potential to show more Black culture but I digress.
This was a story about a lost white girl trying to find her way in life sprinkled around blackness. And actually the screen time of Joe was played more by tina then it was fox....

Yikes

Back