Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Lost my step dad due to covid and other pre existing conditions about a month ago and this was trippy for me because the character Joe and my step had a lot of similar characteristics.

Their love for jazz, certain ways the character moved, their stubbornness, even had a brown suit like the one he tried to put on.

Even without the extra layer I felt it was a great film. I also think we don't give children enough credit for how smart they are. Obviously some of the intricacies will be lost on them but I definitely think it's something they can sit down and enjoy.

b63b97ecafc64ac405ff9482eed25a4c3dddc7d6.gifv

83f8d49a193507cfaa801d350ed76611c373628b.gifv

35b53ef9b1b7ee37a347307110ae35af58ea95d5.gifv

Just finished it. I thought it was beautiful. The last line of the movie ruined me, though. Despite the fact that it's supposed to be inspirational, and granted, it succeeds, but just I couldn't help and reflect on my own life. And well that just made me tear up. I guess because I don't "live" life a lot of the time, and no one truly can live life to the fullest 24/7, but I can certainly do better. I take so much for granted a lot of the time. Even before the pandemic, my days would blur into each other. I'd often ignore the little things that truly make life worth living. Like Joe, I too put my happiness on hiatus. I'd focus on one thing and I tell myself that only until "this" happens will I finally ever be happy, and I eventually hit that milestone and then...nothing. Like "That's it? Why don't I feel...better? Why don't I feel something? Anything?". The movie made me reflect on this hard. I'm going to watch it, again, tonight.

Also, the end credits, I loved this rendition.

Back