Welcome To aBlackWeb

DISCUSSION - Why Shouldn't Men Cry??..

Sometimes dudes cry because of joy. I've done it, I've seen some men, grown ass niggas, mouth full of golds, gray hair men, stand up men, do it off the strength of getting outta the rut when they thought they couldn't make it and they made it through, especially without any help and the payoff was great in the end, you realize and look back on the journey, the struggles and set back and sometimes you just breakdown on the strength of you just getting through the journey. That can be very emotional, especially if that goal is reached that may change your future.

To me, men cry for different reasons, a baby girl being born, your s/o, mama, dad, grand parents being strong when you know they are weak but they are still smiling, just different reason for a man to maybe shed some tears.

This is true, but is this on the regular basis?

This is true, but is this on the regular basis?

Nah, I would not do it on a regular basis, just for big things that would make or break you or your family foundation.
An investment, your brother, or close friend getting outta prison after doing 10 or longer or however.
Yo girl, mama, daddy, fam, giving you funds or making sacrifices for you to reach your goal and get there. Crying can be accepted in moments like that. Seeing yo girl walk down the aisle, some niggas cry Lol. I ain't crying Lol, but some may

Crying should be the last emotional action in some cases IMO.

I heard a nigga this past weekend said he cried when Rainay off Power got killed,
Had to look at this nigga like, I don't think that was something you should have shared with us, you did what nigga Lol
Gummy bear ass nigga smh Lol

i think you are tying to simplify things too much @Goldie

im not suggesting that a dude is just crying all willy nilly. I do agree, some of that might be excessive or it might legit be a cry for help. I do want to make the distinction that im talking about real life pressures, expectations, and situations that often fall on the shoulders of black men in not only day to day life, but in relationships in hopes that it will start to close the communication gap that exists between our brothers and sisters.

im not gon cry if you get me 2k17 and not 2k18...like, c'mon now

but that pull yourself by the bootstraps shit is not a one size fits all approach

I heard a nigga this past weekend said he cried when Rainay off Power got killed,
Had to look at this nigga like, I don't think that was something you should have shared with us, you did what nigga Lol
Gummy bear ass nigga smh Lol
well he full of shit b/c there was no emotional investment in her character by the writers, but thats another subject for another day.

i think you are tying to simplify things too much @Goldie

im not suggesting that a dude is just crying all willy nilly. I do agree, some of that might be excessive or it might legit be a cry for help. I do want to make the distinction that im talking about real life pressures, expectations, and situations that often fall on the shoulders of black men in not only day to day life, but in relationships in hopes that it will start to close the communication gap that exists between our brothers and sisters.

im not gon cry if you get me 2k17 and not 2k18...like, c'mon now

but that pull yourself by the bootstraps shit is not a one size fits all approach

So you agree that crying on a regular basis or "all willy nilly" is excessive?

yes, but you are reducing my topic to that, when thats not what i was talking about in the first place

What were you talking about fam?

I think we all agree, crying over death or something major is reasonable, there's nothing to be ashamed of for doing that. But if you're crying over little shit (and there's alot of niggas who do it) , they're weak minded imo.

What were you talking about fam?

I think we all agree, crying over death or something major is reasonable, there's nothing to be ashamed of for doing that. But if you're crying over little shit (and there's alot of niggas who do it) , they're weak minded imo.

define little shit

lets start here

Eh, better to cry than hold emotions in and letting them build up, but if every little thing is upsetting a person to the point of tears, then it means they lack the ability to cope with everyday life.

death tends to get a few tears from me....

but that's about it.....

and being really angry like ready to kill somebody, but this ain't the time...........if i don't focus myself i might leak a few....

i've cried thug tears on some trill ass movies before.....

but that's different

I have nothing valid to add. I was raised like a boy and am just as curious myself as to why the fuck I feel like a chump for crying. I never cry for more than 10-15secs.

Back