Welcome To aBlackWeb

DISCUSSION - What'a an appropriate age to tell kids why you and their other parent arent together?

I’m just saying.

Ppl commit to having a kid but not to making things work in the relationship. Ppl just refuse to put the effort in and break up.

For some that is true. At the same time sometimes things just don't work out and staying in the same house to put on an act of being in a happy relationship is bad for the child as well as the parents. Those same parents are fools if they don't think they kids know they ain't fucking with each other eventually.

I don't lie or hide shit from mine. All I do is try my best to break it down into statements they can understand.

For some that is true. At the same time sometimes things just don't work out and staying in the same house to put on an act of being in a happy relationship is bad for the child as well as the parents. Those same parents are fools if they don't think they kids know they ain't fucking with each other eventually.

I don't lie or hide shit from mine. All I do is try my best to break it down into statements they can understand.

Im just tired of seeing ppl with kids break up over shit that can be worked out if you really want it to.

Im just tired of seeing ppl with kids break up over shit that can be worked out if you really want it to.

I agree with that. I speaking on folks that have tried and put in the effort to move past whatever their relationship issues are. If they've tried and can't move past it. I can't fault them for going their separate ways and both staying active and being attentive parents.

who are you to say what can and cant be worked out though?

I agree with that. I speaking on folks that have tried and put in the effort to move past whatever their relationship issues are. If they've tried and can't move past it. I can't fault them for going their separate ways and both staying active and being attentive parents.
To be honest I’ve never really heard of them parents really trying like that. Usually it’s one person being too petty or unwilling to compromise. In those cases it’s disgusting for me personally to see people put their own “happiness” in front of their child’s. I’m bias based on my values tho

To be honest I’ve never really heard of them parents really trying like that. Usually it’s one person being too petty or unwilling to compromise. In those cases it’s disgusting for me personally to see people put their own “happiness” in front of their child’s. I’m bias based on my values tho

Honestly its a lot of shit you've probably never heard of. That also don't mean it doesn't happen more often than not.

There are plenty of great parents that don't live in the same house as their kids and guess what both parents and kids are very happy.

dont you think the child deserves two parents that love them regardless of their inability to maintain a relationship with each other?

what do you think is more important to the child...both of their parent are at a school play in full support or both of them being there married in full support

dont you think the child deserves two parents that love them regardless of their inability to maintain a relationship with each other?

what do you think is more important to the child...both of their parent are at a school play in full support or both of them being there married in full support
Not sure if you worded that last part like you wanted. I would take the latter

Honestly its a lot of shit you've probably never heard of. That also don't mean it doesn't happen more often than not.

There are plenty of great parents that don't live in the same house as their kids and guess what both parents and kids are very happy.
I’m sure there are but I like to play with the odds. Being separate bring in more dimensions and angles that could go wrong

I’m sure there are but I like to play with the odds. Being separate bring in more dimensions and angles that could go wrong

Folks can basically make stats say whatever the fuck they want. So you can miss me with those odds, dimensions and angles.

Not sure if you worded that last part like you wanted. I would take the latter

do you think a child would be upset that both of their parents showed up to support them for an event and they weren't married

There's countless couples out there that have gone through multiple acts of infidelity, substance abuse, jail time, severe money issues, and all manner of shit and still together 40-50 years later and happy.

do you think a child would be upset that both of their parents showed up to support them for an event and they weren't married

I used to have that all the time. I was never upset but at the same time it wouldn't have bothered me if one was missing unless it was something really important like graduation.

Two separate lives. Y’all separated incomes. Possible drama from future spouses or from the separation. I can’t see how this is better or more efficient then staying together

Two separate lives. Y’all separated incomes. Possible drama from future spouses or from the separation. I can’t see how this is better or more efficient then staying together

Some shit cant be fixed but nowadays ppl just leave with the ease

I can’t really remember when I talked to my son about this (he’ll be 14 in a couple of months) but he’s always been very “aware” and always a “wise beyond his years” type kid and he asked me when he was young-young and I just told him that me and his mom were destined to get together to make him and we knew we were meant to be great parents but not necessarily married to do it...I think he said “OK...can I get a Happy Meal?!” and that was that...he’s been raised between his moms house and my house 3-4 days a piece a week unless one of us take him on vacation...never been to court, put on papers, had some judge tell me or her what weekend or holiday to get him and we split up when he was barley 2...we work as tha grown ups to make sure he has everything he needs from his mother and father...it was like then when he was born and we’ve both maintained that...def had it’s rough patches at times but smoothed our as he gets older...I consider myself lucky for tha most part...

Back