Did Ice Cube release 3 straight classic albums?

3 classics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have an MF Doom avy post-death but you worried about other people wanting to be considered a hip hop head.

829AAFA7-8B1C-46DE-AD48-AE057E1DAE88.gif

idk what this means. My screen name is MJ DOOM, so yes nigga, me having a MF DOOM avi isnt far fetched.

It’s a shame we didn’t get a young Ice Cube solo album with young Dr. Dre production.

No One Can Do it Better shits all over AMW, DC, TP.

Times, they are a' changin'. I'm not mad at this opinion... Straight Outta Compton came out over 30 years ago, at least 3 generations of emcees done came and went. I was 3 years old when AMW came out, and Predator would come out a day after my 6th birthday. I have VERY little recollection of that time, let alone any fond memories of removing an Ice Cube album from the plastic. Still, I studied those albums and understood the impact they made. If you like ANYTHING Pac related, this is the man to thank for that. No one spoke like Cube until Cube. You had Public Enemy, X Clan and them, but they were for that time... musically as well as socially. Cube's music might be a little overbearing on the production side, but he always had something to say. Today Was A Good Day speaks to the Black experience as much as Fuck Tha Police.

Reactions: 5 Grand
He dropped 3 back to back classics then realized he couldn’t stay hot forever and focused on movies…

That’s what legends do…

You can’t name another rapper who dropped 3 triple classics like that with maybe the exception of OutKast (but they’re a group)

Why?

This shit just another Kendrick type thread. You already got your mind made up, so fuck outta here w/ acting like whatever is said in Cubes favor is gonna change your opinion.

• Ether
Reactions: keemz
Lol, cop out. Who changes anybody mind on the internet? Niggas still debate. But aight.

@SneakDZA
@Maywood
@Revolver Ocelot
@SKPJR

stop being emotional, can we get a proper response
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
tumblr p8sqyiEPQw1t1yehoo1 1280

Critically, this album is held on a pedestal with some the best selling and most respected projects in Hip Hop. It has been ranked on a plethora of “Best of All Time” and “Best of the 1990s” lists by publications in the US, Canada, and all over Europe. The album has been awarded 5 out of 5 ratings from The Source,
Do you understand how hard it is/was to receive a perfect rating from the Source??? From a west coast cat @ that😂🤣

Ice Cube-Death Certificate (album cover).jpg

Death Certificate received critical acclaim. AllMusic called it "even harder and angrier than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted ... It continues the sharp insights and unflinching looks at contemporary urban lifestyles that his solo debut only hinted at; in short, it's hardcore without any gangsta posturing." They also call it "funkier, noisier, and more musically effective (than AmeriKKKa)." Initially giving a four-and-a-half out of five "mic" rating,[21] The Source retrospectively awarded Death Certificate full marks in a list of "5 Mic Hip-Hop Classics", in its 150th issue. 1634872054211.png

My personal favorite out of the 3
Ice Cube - The Predator - Album Cover.jpg
The Predator debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 193,000 copies in its first week.[2] This became Ice Cube's first US number one debut.[2] On November 16, 2001, the album was certified double platinum

The easiest thing to do in the world is criticize.

He didn’t do shit but just wrote the majority of the rhymes for the most Dangerous Rap Group of all time

Lol @ being emotional
How old are you ?

I get he wrote more than half of Straight Outta Compton, but besides a few songs here and there. He’s overrated. He a good storyteller, but I don’t think he’s a top tier emcee, skill wise.

and I definitely don’t think AMW, DC, TP are classics.
Throw your ears away b they're not working

Reactions: Ghostface
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Critically, this album is held on a pedestal with some the best selling and most respected projects in Hip Hop. It has been ranked on a plethora of “Best of All Time” and “Best of the 1990s” lists by publications in the US, Canada, and all over Europe. The album has been awarded 5 out of 5 ratings from The Source,
Do you understand how hard it is/was to receive a perfect rating from the Source??? From a west coast cat @ that😂🤣

Death Certificate received critical acclaim. AllMusic called it "even harder and angrier than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted ... It continues the sharp insights and unflinching looks at contemporary urban lifestyles that his solo debut only hinted at; in short, it's hardcore without any gangsta posturing." They also call it "funkier, noisier, and more musically effective (than AmeriKKKa)." Initially giving a four-and-a-half out of five "mic" rating,[21] The Source retrospectively awarded Death Certificate full marks in a list of "5 Mic Hip-Hop Classics", in its 150th issue.View attachment 675627

The Predator debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 193,000 copies in its first week.[2] This became Ice Cube's first US number one debut.[2] On November 16, 2001, the album was certified double platinum

He didn’t do shit but just wrote the majority of the rhymes for the most Dangerous Rap Group of all time

Lol @ being emotional
How old are you ?

Slim, I wouldn't have even given him all this.

• Haha
Reactions: Maywood
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Death Certificate received critical acclaim. AllMusic called it "even harder and angrier than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted ... It continues the sharp insights and unflinching looks at contemporary urban lifestyles that his solo debut only hinted at; in short, it's hardcore without any gangsta posturing." They also call it "funkier, noisier, and more musically effective (than AmeriKKKa)." Initially giving a four-and-a-half out of five "mic" rating,[21] The Source retrospectively awarded Death Certificate full marks in a list of "5 Mic Hip-Hop Classics", in its 150th issue.View attachment 675627

Lol @ being emotional
How old are you ?

Smh, are niggas really listening to these albums? Or Niggas just going off nostalgic reputation. This is how Bob Cousy makes the 75 year anniversary team.

So basically disrespect Cousy , Even tho you didn’t see him play… Take another shot at him because he’s white ???

Take shots at niggas because you weren’t there

Again how old are you??
Slim, I wouldn't have even given him all this.
Yeah you right 100% But every now and then sometimes you gotta let these Lil cat’s know

These niggas really walking around like they Era is/was better than ours😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Lol @ being emotional
How old are you ?
hes-right-you-know.jpg

@MJ DOOM

So basically disrespect Cousy , Even tho you didn’t see him play… Take another shot at him because he’s white ???

Take shots at niggas because you weren’t there

Again how old are you??

Yeah you right 100% But every now and then sometimes you gotta let these Lil cat’s know

These niggas really walking around like they Era is/was better than ours😂🤣

lol, bruh I’m 36. I’m think I’m in the age group where I can properly analyze this music. The style of rhyme has elevated, the style of production has elevated. Not ever “golden era” hip-hop album is timeless or has aged well. A lot shit from that era is mediocre or borderline wack. Hip-Hop has gotten better. I repeat nostalgic reputation. Hip-Hop has these weird cliches. I get people got memories tied to these albums, but when you analyze the music and the music alone. It’s nothing classic about Cube’s first 3 albums.

• Haha
Reactions: Maywood