Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Eminem music age well? Can you play it at cookouts, clubs, while with friends or spouse?

The title of the thread is did EMs music age well...can you play it at cookouts, with friends etc...

Going back to my original statement...laughing at judging music by if get plays at cookouts...

And again..why does it need to be question. Its music...you play it where you feel like playing it. Regardless of the next person's taste.

His music is not enigma..if you(not say you in general) you don't like it, you don't like it.

I like Em's music in the car or with friends hanging out. His best songs:..."The Way I am", "Cleanin' Out My Closet" "Just don't give a fuck"

I was about to shit on Em, but then I remembered Slim shady Lp.

That album is fun. Not for cookouts, but I wouldn’t hate it if someone played a couple songs off there while chilln

To answer the thread I can say: YES with the exception of 2 albums - Relapse & Revival.

I didn't start buying Em albums until The Eminem Show. When Em first came on the scene I thought he some weirdo white trailer park rapper trying to be cool. Then again hip-hop slowly starting going down the tubes in '99. The media kept talking about him so much around '01-02 during the summer of 2002 I just bought his album to see what all the hype was about. I was impressed.

Imo: MMLP, The Eminem Show, Recovery, MMLP2 (wasn't crazy for it), & Music to be Murdered By has or will age well.

Aint going lie joints like I Am are the type of songs I used to like from Em, just kicking some real shit over a dope beat NOT all that HORRIBLE singing, killing his mom, and stupid ass shit like Ass Like That.

If Eminem had stayed in that I Am/Roof Collapse/Stan level of content we probably would have a completely different discussion right now.

Yeah man I hate that Em really fucked up Encore with songs like that and Big Weenie, Rain Man, & Just Lose It. If he would have thrown out those songs Encore would have been another classic up under his belt.

If Eminem was black he would be Kendrick Lamar. They are the same rapper minus the content and subject matter.

I mean.............how have people not noticed this? Dr. Dre being the major push behind both of them isn't an accident.

INB4 niggas get all in they feelings over King Kendrick Lyrical Lamar.

Man I was gonna say this. I entered this thread yesterday and just said man NVM.

That's essentially who he is. A great big Dr Dre and Interscope push is what makes them who they are.

Man I was gonna say this. I entered this thread yesterday and just said man NVM.

That's essentially who he is. A great big Dr Dre and Interscope push is what makes them who they are.

Kendrick Lamar doesn't have anything like The Real Slim Shady, Without Me, My Band or Just Lose It

I dont listen to Em so no to all of those...but it depends on whose throwing the cookout and the crowd that the club caters too. Cats gonna hop out the whip after pulling up to Shadyteam's bbq and hear White America....lol

Actually, the stuff Masta Ace was releasing around the same time sounds very similar to what Eminem was doing. Their voices are similar and have a similar cadence, but nobody was paying any attention to Masta Ace in that time period.

Here's a song Masta Ace dropped around 2000. He sounds like Eminem, or the other way around

Eminem admitted to being a Masta Ace Fan back in the Day, and it shows. Even Masta Ace did a song modeled after "Stan" called "Dear Diary":

Back