Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Eminem music age well? Can you play it at cookouts, clubs, while with friends or spouse?

I am whatever you say i am!!! The radio wont even play my jam!!!!!
Aint going lie joints like I Am are the type of songs I used to like from Em, just kicking some real shit over a dope beat NOT all that HORRIBLE singing, killing his mom, and stupid ass shit like Ass Like That.

If Eminem had stayed in that I Am/Roof Collapse/Stan level of content we probably would have a completely different discussion right now.

Eminem is a great rapper and very lyrical but did his music age well? Can you bump it at events like cookouts and clubs or while chillin with your friends or girlfriend/boyfriend?

During festive events between people of my age and club nights? Yes. With a woman? Unless she's a Stacy, no-- and I don't like Stacys.

But I wouldn't listen to this when white soyboys are around. The Wokery can't stand Eminem, lately and I am not a fan od unecessary headaches.

Never was a fan.

Songs like “THE REAL SLIM SHADY” and “WITHOUT ME” are cringeworthy now.

Makes you wonder why he would even release songs like that.?

Aint going lie joints like I Am are the type of songs I used to like from Em, just kicking some real shit over a dope beat NOT all that HORRIBLE singing, killing his mom, and stupid ass shit like Ass Like That.

If Eminem had stayed in that I Am/Roof Collapse/Stan level of content we probably would have a completely different discussion right now.

Yea, tbh. I actually really like I am. It is corny but i rock wit it. The content n the subject matter was real to him at the time n i respected it (beat was jammin too btw). Jus i would never play that around ppl, my broad or at a party.....thats the kinda song white ppl jam together, but blk ppl only jam in head phones or in private

Actually, the stuff Masta Ace was releasing around the same time sounds very similar to what Eminem was doing. Their voices are similar and have a similar cadence, but nobody was paying any attention to Masta Ace in that time period.

Here's a song Masta Ace dropped around 2000. He sounds like Eminem, or the other way around

This shit sound nothing like Em

Ask yourselves this... If eminem was black would we even rate him? Like if he was black and sounded the exact same with the exact same bars and content would any care? Would white people even notice? Yall prop him up based off a pedestal white people put him on and it's weird.

I felt that way since I first heard him in middle school. I knew what time it was.

If Eminem was black he would be Kendrick Lamar. They are the same rapper minus the content and subject matter.

I mean.............how have people not noticed this? Dr. Dre being the major push behind both of them isn't an accident.

INB4 niggas get all in they feelings over King Kendrick Lyrical Lamar.

Lmaooooo.

Kys.

They are very similar. Kendrick Lamar doesn't have the best flow or isn't the easiest rapper to listen to in all settings. Just like Eminem Kendrick makes a lot of music that's for headphones only too. They're both touted and praised for their subject matter and artistry on the mic. their pen game is strong. They both probably have the same amount of club bangers too. It's not like Kendrick is like Drake who has 100 songs you can play in the club. Kendrick only has a handful of club bangers. He makes a lot of headphone music and good car ride music like Eminem.

Eminem has a lot of songs that only sound good riding in the car and not playing through speakers at a function. He has a ton of songs that are really good to listen to through headphones.

Dr. Dre is actually what helps both of them with their mainstream appeal. His production and guidance has heavily influenced the direction of their careers.

Compare their catalogues.

When was the last time you heard somebody bumping TPAB???

Kendrick has 3 mainstream albums if you don't include Section 80.

Where is Kendrick's music being played? It's coming more from headphones and car rides than clubs and BBQ's. Just like Eminem.

Dying laughing. Judging music whether you play at cookouts or not..

Only on the net.

It applies in this context though. How many clubs are playing Marshall Mathers LP or To Pimp A Butterfly? Bet that club is is really a meth rave.

I dont look at music like how the net looks at music. I accept all music and their genres..

I dont look at music like how the net looks at music. I accept all music and their genres..

I accept it too but in the context of this discussion it applies. The question is where can you play Eminem's music. My response is the same place you play Kendrick Lamar because they are similar artist.

I accept it too but in the context of this discussion it applies. The question is where can you play Eminem's music. My response is the same place you play Kendrick Lamar because they are similar artist.

Ok..I guess my question is. Why does it need to be a question?

Back