Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Did Biggie Do Enough To Be Goat?

test
Had all the attributes, lacked the longevity.

Which plays a part in being the greatest.

Wouldn’t label an athlete the greatest after having 2 good seasons, would just be a potential great, sadly didn’t live long enough to deliver time after time.

Body of work while alive was untouchable in the timeframe imo.

🥱
giphy.gif

I can’t think of too many rappers who had the run Biggie did that short amount of time. It’s all subjective at the end of the day but the majority of the rap listening world is gonna put him in their top 5 or 10 & it’s for a legitimate reason. Timeless music will get you there.

Yes because his run was what a rap music run is all about. His run was like for five years. He made great music because he was great at making music. On top of that, he had everything a great rapper should have.

He was lyrical, technical, and had a great vocabulary. On top of that, he had a perfect rap voice. He was also very charismatic. The best attribute he had was that he was a natural at rapping, he didnt sound forced or anything.

I get it though, but to me, rap music has a lot of benchmark aspects to it. Like if you ran a 40 yard dash, if you ran the fastest time, it stands the test of time until someone breaks it. The accumulation of music a lot to artists do, doesn’t make you better if musically you’re not making great music. He made music in an era where your run if it was organic? Like a real run? You’d last 3-7 years maximum. Guys today last because rap music is different. It’s more commercial.

No. DMX can’t rap better than Big. Only thing niggas got over BIG is TIME. BIG two albums and numerous features is greater than anything DMX has ever done, respectfully. BIG is only behind Nas.
I’m not talking rap ability I’m talking greatness and longevity/time matters

Back