Netflix Denzel Washington to play Hannibal, Carthaginian Warrior who attacked Rome atop an Elephant (TBA)

If we're trying to be historically accurate, then I think Denzel is as good of a choice as some Arab actor. The real Hannibal could have been either.
Hannibal wasn't Arabic.
Phoenicians aka Canaanites came before the Arabs. The Black Moors during the Spanish Inquisition have Phoenician DNA (E1B1B) but that's two different time periods.

Phoenician are Semitic people but they spoke a different dialect when the Arab Invasion started hundreds of years later.

Last edited:
I been looking forward to a movie about Hannibal and Mansa.

I would like the films to be very accurate too.

This is why history needs to be taught more effectively in school. Considering the Phoenicians were a power in the Mediterranean, there exists a minute possibility that Hannibal could have been considered white and I only cede that point because Greece was a power in the Mediterranean. Also, Carthage developed into an empire because it began as a trading outpost of the Phoenicians who originated from the Eastern Coast of the Mediterranean of the Levant. Also, there aren't even any contemporary depictions of Hannibal. Posting a white picture of Hannibal and bitching is like posting a picture of white jesus.
Greece?

What about the Black Greeks?

What about the authentic coins with Hannibal and the elephant? 🤔

Last edited:
So I wonder who's playing Scipio Africanus?

Dummies and racist say Africa was named after him which is false

Reactions: IUTpt2
Honestly I feel like Hannibal was a Berber. I don’t know if Berbers and Phonecian look crazy different. I do feel like I’m ancient times it’s way more blurry than today

Berbers are one of those groups that have people of all types. People just only tend to acknowledge the lighter ones.

Reactions: SeaSnake
Berbers are one of those groups that have people of all types. People just only tend to acknowledge the lighter ones.
How many Berber groups are there?
Some of those light Berbers try to attach themselves to the Garamantes. I be like hell nah. They black as hell and the Tuaregs in Southern Lybia are connected to them.
They be tryna white wash all of North Africa.
(Iberomaurusians, Natufians, Garamantes)

Culture vulture. Canaanites are not West tropical Africans we really need to stop this black washing historical groups and figures.

Reactions: Hyman
There are black North Africans

So, there are morphological differences between North Africans and Africans below the sahara and the diversity. African Americans typically do not have north african ancestry even they do its quite small or the dna data bank needs to be updated with Fulani and Hausa dna. Anyway, dude was Phoenician which are sea faring Canaanites. Look at Lebanese people who share over 90% of their ancestry from them.

Reactions: SeaSnake
So, there are morphological differences between North Africans and Africans below the sahara and the diversity. African Americans typically do not have north african ancestry even they do its quite small or the dna data bank needs to be updated with Fulani and Hausa dna. Anyway, dude was Phoenician which are sea faring Canaanites. Look at Lebanese people who share over 90% of their ancestry from them.
Much of that Lebanese dna is Haplogroup J

Correct?

What about E1b1b?