Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Denzel Washington to play Hannibal, Carthaginian Warrior who attacked Rome atop an Elephant (TBA)

1024px-Map_of_Rome_and_Carthage_at_the_start_of_the_Second_Punic_War_2.svg.png

Lol we didn't get too deep into it, we were only 5th graders. Still wish I had that binder full of Ancient Rome things from that class
Just thought I slip in a little knowledge.
Santeria has Canaanite/ Phoenician customs just like voodoo 😳 but that's another topic I guess.
Ok, carry on.

Looking forward to this

There's already an uproar just like with Netflix's Cleopatra.

Black Hannibal

Phoenicians
Canaanites
Berbers
Tuaregs
Semitic
Afro Asiatic

Expect twitter to be complaining about it

Historical ..... I'm in
Cleopatra wasn't black, nor was she an egyptian. She looked at herself as a greek because she was an inbred greek

Hannibal though, was most likely black if not a deep Arab brown

Cleopatra wasn't black, nor was she an egyptian. She looked at herself as a greek because she was an inbred greek

Hannibal though, was most likely black if not a deep Arab brown

This. I'm betting Hannibal looked more like a typical North African today, probably a little darker. I doubt he looked like Denzel, but I'm pretty sure he didn't look like whoever the white racists would cast either.

This is why history needs to be taught more effectively in school. Considering the Phoenicians were a power in the Mediterranean, there exists a minute possibility that Hannibal could have been considered white and I only cede that point because Greece was a power in the Mediterranean. Also, Carthage developed into an empire because it began as a trading outpost of the Phoenicians who originated from the Eastern Coast of the Mediterranean of the Levant. Also, there aren't even any contemporary depictions of Hannibal. Posting a white picture of Hannibal and bitching is like posting a picture of white jesus.

Last edited:
Back