Welcome To aBlackWeb

So this movie could be like a soft reboot ?
I wouldnt call it a reboot. If anything whedons version was the reboot. Justice league and aquaman were changed to bring a more lighthearted tone to the universe. Wb didnt like the dark style snyder was going for, but he was also building up to bring the superman of hope in justice league. His version of justice league ends with the team losing to darkseid and justice league 2 was supposed to be them going back in time to defeat darkseid much like endgame did with thanos. Except this justice league trilogy was supposed to release before infinity war/endgame. This movie will be the original film we were supposed to get, but WB and snyder had disagreements and WB fired snyder before he could finish the film then brought in whedon to give the film what they thought would work better.

The only reason they are releasing this is because of the huge campaign on the internet to release the snyder cut. Snyder had a whole trilogy planned out and then the solo films were to happen in between them. Plus they know it will get subscribers for HBO Max.

Theres rumors that if this is successful which it more than likely will be, that WB could bring snyder back to complete his trilogy, but he may have moved on already.

I'm here for this. The JL movie we got was a completely different movie than what it was intended to be. So unless the Snyder cut is UBER trash I don't see how this wont be better. Whedon came in: lightened up the dark tone, made Batman a goofy nigga and the CGI mustache.... ugghhhhh fuckin horrid.

Going forward tho I'm curious as to how they'll explain what happens with Batman in whatever JL sequel that'll inevitably come about.

According to 5th Letter, fans will not have these kind of questions.

I think that was more so if they continue the Ironman character that different people would be IM. Like in the comics.
you right

Kevin Feige Says IRON MAN Could Go the James Bond Route and Change Actors If Necessary
  • By Adam Chitwood
  • 8 years ago
avengers-movie-image-iron-man-slice

The release of The Avengers is now only a week away, but Marvel and Co. are already busy prepping for the beginning of production on Iron Man 3 later next month. It’s no secret that much of the first Iron Man’s success is due to the charisma and talent of lead actor Robert Downey Jr., but as these things go, Downey most likely won’t be donning the suit for Iron Man 9. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feigerecently addressed the issue of what the studio would do should Downey decide to bow out of the role in the near future. Hit the jump to see what he had to say.

Marvel has famously locked many of their actors into very large multi-picture deals, contractually obligating them to appear in a certain number of Marvel films (Samuel L. Jackson signed on for 9 movies). However, it’s important to note that Downey entered the fray very early in Marvel’s feature film days, so we don’t exactly know how many movies he’s locked in to. Badass Digest asked Feige if they would reboot the series if Downey left or if they would simply replace him with another actor and give no explanation for the casting change, a la James Bond:
“I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it.”
This is an interesting notion, as the go-to response for most studios when a franchise begins to lag is to “reboot” it and do the origin story again. I sincerely hope Downey sticks around for a while, but it’s not hard to imagine him exiting Marvel after The Avengers 2. An actor of his caliber likely has a million projects on his plate, and doing a big-budget superhero movie every couple of years takes up precious time.
robert-downey-jr-iron-man The “James Bond” technique doesn’t work for all franchises, but I’m quite intrigued to see how Marvel would implement the strategy. Given that all their characters are based on comic books, a medium that has been through countless changes over the years, it might be cool to see further Iron Man films done as “new issues” rather than re-doing the origin story with a slightly different take every six years or so. Moreover, given that all the Marvel films are interconnected, it would be less easy to do a reboot with an entirely different tone and feel without making the character stand in stark contrast to the other films in the Marvel library.
Nevertheless, Downey is definitely around for at least Iron Man 3, so all this talk of reboot vs. James Bond is fairly premature. If and when the time comes, though, we now have an idea of the route Marvel will take.

Man look Tony Starks IS Robert Downey Jr. Thats how perfect the casting was. He embodied the character. The bar is set high af

So..ABW, when this snyder cut is released, and if it is as dramatic and story telling as snyder says it is. Does it put the universe back on the rails?

With them moving forward with wonder woman with the assumed notion that they were gonna all but eliminate the justice league from her story line..

Do yall think if this is as good as he says it is, we get the DC universe that we all want instead of them trying to follow the Marvel family movie model?

Batman does not exist in a family movie realm

I still think it's gonna be a huge mess but I'ma try to be positive
I mean I look at the Watchmen and that's three hours and I see the dedication he took in making sure we understood everyone's motivation. Then I see what he was tryna do with the flash and cyborg with the story boards. I think we might get the same dedication, albeit with heroes we know about already.

Cause the watchmen was good, but I had no idea who those guys were before seeing that movie

I mean I look at the Watchmen and that's three hours and I see the dedication he took in making sure we understood everyone's motivation. Then I see what he was tryna do with the flash and cyborg with the story boards. I think we might get the same dedication, albeit with heroes we know about already.

Cause the watchmen was good, but I had no idea who those guys were before seeing that movie
watchmen the movie or the series that came on HBO?

and being that i never was familiar with the source material prior to seeing the Watchmen movie when it first came out, i thought it was dope for what it was at the time, but after the series and reading up on it, i feel like even the movie could've been better, but i applaud them for trying something different at the time

Im all for a more mature DC movie that isnt Nolan's batman, but that still dont mean you can just mash up a buncha shit and expect everyone to get your vision

Synder been living off of 300 for over 10 years now...he needs this shit to hit more than anyone imo

watchmen the movie or the series that came on HBO?

and being that i never was familiar with the source material prior to seeing the Watchmen movie when it first came out, i thought it was dope for what it was at the time, but after the series and reading up on it, i feel like even the movie could've been better, but i applaud them for trying something different at the time

Im all for a more mature DC movie that isnt Nolan's batman, but that still dont mean you can just mash up a buncha shit and expect everyone to get your vision

Synder been living off of 300 for over 10 years now...he needs this shit to hit more than anyone imo
I think he did immortal too....just like micheal bay has that cartoonish slow motion flashy color style. Snyder has that brooding, impact in battles feel. The witcher fight scene where he bodies all those dudes..when you see the amount of detail they put into that fight. I think they bit snyder style. It doesn't seem like a mashup as much as it seem like putting back together what was broken up.

When I read that the scene where batman drives the bat mobile into the hoard was meant to display a sense of wanting to commit suicide due to him feeling like this was all his fault cause of how he treated superman..

Its was like..damn, i get that, but it didnt feel like that when you watched the movie. I think that's because it lacked snyder's direction. Seemed like he was doing it to be a hero, batman lost all of that woe is me feeling he had in BvS. He seemed more like a plot driver than an actual player.

I think he did immortal too....just like micheal bay has that cartoonish slow motion flashy color style. Snyder has that brooding, impact in battles feel. The witcher fight scene where he bodies all those dudes..when you see the amount of detail they put into that fight. I think they bit snyder style. It doesn't seem like a mashup as much as it seem like putting back together what was broken up.

When I read that the scene where batman drives the bat mobile into the hoard was meant to display a sense of wanting to commit suicide due to him feeling like this was all his fault cause of how he treated superman..

Its was like..damn, i get that, but it didnt feel like that when you watched the movie. I think that's because it lacked snyder's direction. Seemed like it was doing it to be a hero, batman lost all of that woe is me feeling he had in BvS. He seemed more like a plot driver than an actual player.
idk b

i think you giving him too much credit

idk b

i think you giving him too much credit
The scene where super man is in the court room and it exploded and he stands there unaffected because he is superman. Surrounded in flames, thinking he shouldve known but he was too in his own head about being a hero.

Then its later revealed that he didnt known cause the bomb was covered in lead in the wheel cheer.

That's some snyder shit..you see his inner turmoil..non of that was on display in the justice league

Ya mean..his pops telling him he maybe shoulda let those kids drown...watch his pops die infront of him. Having to kill zod and feeling the pain of taking a life because it was one of the few of his kind left

wxVzajW.png

Shit told stories without telling stories

Real spill, I feel where you coming from and honestly didn't look at those scenes like you did but I still think the movie as it was originally meant to be seen still doesn't get as in depth about you have in just the few posts you've made in here

It would be kinda dope to see all that on display but I just don't think it's gonna happen

Real spill, I feel where you coming from and honestly didn't look at those scenes like you did but I still think the movie as it was originally meant to be seen still doesn't get as in depth about you have in just the few posts you've made in here

It would be kinda dope to see all that on display but I just don't think it's gonna happen
There are videos on YouTube where he breaks down the significance of what scenes were meant to convey. If you watch those videos then watch the movies again..its like an extra layer of depth that you peep that you didnt peep before. So it's not me interpreting it, I'd love to take that credit for being that deep but, It's what he said out of his own mouth.

There are videos on YouTube where he breaks down the significance of what scenes were meant to convey. If you watch those videos then watch the movies again..its like an extra layer of depth that you peep that you didnt peep before. So it's not me interpreting it, I'd love to take that credit for being that deep but, It's what he said out of his own mouth.
Ah ok

Are the videos long?

I might check em out

This is 100% my opinion...

And the biggest problem imo is Batman...

To tell the full story DC needs to tell to properly build you need the bat-family

It's the story that really needs to be told. We all know the story. We all love the story. The characters from it are some of the most beloved characters in DC. And a properly told bat family story featuring Dick, Barbara, Jason, and Damien (I love Tim Drake, but I understand if they left him out for movie purposes)

And if we keep rebooting Batman to year one... We'll never get a bat-family and the depth that I personally feel that this universe is needing doesn't get developed.

Batman had like 10 movies in the past 20 years...

Trust me...I know hind site is 20/20

However..... If DC had shown the foresight to know that investing in a larger connection cinematic universe ( that they actually hinted at I'm I am legend... So it's their fault for being behind) they could have accomplished so much more than marvel...

You start with any really popular actor in 2000 as Batman...

By 2020 we could have

Year one Batman
Dick Grayson becomes Robin
Introduction of superman
Teen Titans (introduces death stroke & night wing)
Suicide squad (done properly)
Death in the family where you kill Jason Todd
Introduce rest of Justice league while Batman is in depression
Build up to first Justice league movie.. Death of superman
Super man comes back to fight darksied
Damien Wayne introduction
Titans 2 movie

Then you can do some huge ending with trigun vs darksied like the animated shit

I just think they don't have the vision or faith in building one character and their full universe.... All those Batman movies and you only got Dick Grayson in 2

Back