Welcome To aBlackWeb

I know the Starro character been around ,but it's funny that Starro basically has some of the same powers as the alien from James Gunn's movie Slither which is one of my favorite movies.

King Shark is the best.he's like The Hulk,mixed with Groot.

Idris got to be a a strong black male character.

Is Peacemaker gay?

He better stay over at the MCU where shit is guaranteed.

This DC shit can go left at any minute.

They keep trying to make writers and directors CEOs. And it already failed twice.

sign James Gunn to a multi year directing deal fine. But if you what a Kevin Fiege go find one.

If they're hell bent on poaching Marvel, Jeb Lobe ( however you spell his name) out there. He did a pretty good job on the TV side.

The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad

Seriously Silly and Satisfying Squad

For 87 years DC comics has created some iconic and minor league characters.
I enjoyed reading about the aforementioned characters in Who's Who in the DC Universe over the years.
The story for The Suicide Squad this time around The Squad goes to the enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese. Armed with high-tech weapons, they trek through the dangerous jungle on a search-and-destroy mission
The ads and Director James Gunn weren't lying when they stated dont get too attached to the characters.
These characters are wonderfully brought to life with some good acting and voice work by :
Margot Robbie,Idris Elba,John Cena,Joel Kinnaman,Sylvester Stallone,Viola Davis,Peter Capaldi,David Dastmalchian,Daniela Melchior and Dee Bradley Baker.

It's amazing that out of every insane,off the wall ,ultra violent thing that happens in the film the script actually translates into something comprehensive.
I loved being caught off guard by this movie.Character interactions and their conversations go completely in a direction that is absolutely funny.
Great blend of stylishly fun moments and ultra violent ones.
Oh and the violence is very dwelling so it's not for the faint of heart.
I wonder if Gunn is a fan of Garth Ennis and John McCrea and their late great Hitman comic because so much of this movie reminded me of it.

PROBLEMS: I hoped for a bit more character development. I feel like the film started to become predictable in its last 25 minutes. It goes down basic paths I've seen in dozens of action films.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad

I enjoyed reading about the aforementioned characters in Who's Who in the DC Universe over the years.
The story for The Suicide Squad this time around The Squad goes to the enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese. Armed with high-tech weapons, they trek through the dangerous jungle on a search-and-destroy mission
The ads and Director James Gunn weren't lying when they stated dont get too attached to the characters.
These characters are wonderfully brought to life with some good acting and voice work by :
Margot Robbie,Idris Elba,John Cena,Joel Kinnaman,Sylvester Stallone,Viola Davis,Peter Capaldi,David Dastmalchian,Daniela Melchior and Dee Bradley Baker.

It's amazing that out of every insane,off the wall ,ultra violent thing that happens in the film the script actually translates into something comprehensive.
I loved being caught off guard by this movie.Character interactions and their conversations go completely in a direction that is absolutely funny.
I wonder if Gunn is a fan of Garth Ennis and John McCrea and their late great Hitman comic because so much of this movie reminded me of it.

PROBLEMS: I hoped for a bit more character development. I feel like the film started to become predictable in its last 25 minutes. It goes down basic paths I've seen in dozens of action films.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

great assessment I rated it a 6 out of 10, there where some major holes because they only chose to only tell the story of a couple characters. Peacemaker was a major character and unless I missed something I don't know anything about him.

great assessment I rated it a 6 out of 10, there where some major holes because they only chose to only tell the story of a couple characters. Peacemaker was a major character and unless I missed something I don't know anything about him.

HBO Max has a Peacemaker television show coming out so that’s one of the reasons they didn’t touch on his past in the movie. they will be exploring his past and present during the show

The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8
Lmao at comic version of Captain Boomerangs costume. Dude look like a flight attendant

The suits at WB have changed several more than once since the DCEU began. Thats one of the issues that the DCEU has faced since it started. Thats why i always preach WB needs to start a DC Studios like Disney did Marvel Studios. DC/WB hasnt had steady leadership. MCU has had Kevin Feige since the very beginning and Feige and his team of producers have been overseeing every Marvel associated film and Disney+ show to fit into one giant connecting universe.
Disney dkdnt start marvel. Marvel Studios been a thj g since 2009. Disney aquisitioned marvel in 2011-12

All them rats at the end.....

:scust:

Movie was fye tho. DC need to learn from this (and birds of prey and shazam) and showcase more of their lighthearted content and dip into their R rated bag more. Their mature material is the one thing they have over the MCU rn. And keep Zack Snyder tf away from the director's chair for the foreseeable future.
Shazam was a bit though. It had charm and didn't follow the typical superhero movie formula.

This just my feeling but I really think studios didn't think there was a market for adults in the comic movie space which is crazy when you think about it because the kids who grew up on these characters have been adults for a few decades now

But the general train of thought appears to be they felt they had to market toys and shit to kids like adults don't buy the same toys to collect.

Idk
Comic books and cartoons was originally aimed at adults.

Back