Welcome To aBlackWeb

Like wonder woman and Aquaman it was a solid dceu movie good action , special effects, good cast a good story about family heart and soul etc. This movie isn't doing numbers because Warner didn't promote it like they should've while they were wasting all their time and energy on the flash. Still it was a good flick. I give it a B as in better than most of phase 4.

I enjoyed Black Adam when a lot of people didn't plus I bought it on blu ray as well. It's not one of my favourites but too me it was decent. The same goes for Blue Beetle even though I will not be buying it.

That being said, they are pretty much the same rating wise (sorry). Nothing outstanding between the both of them but even though Blue Beetle is a little over 2 hours it didn't feel like it.
You have the right to like what you like but inhave to disagree. Black Adam was nothing but a sterile spectacle whereas blue beetle has a soul.

Wow, this was more emotional than I thought it would be. The family dynamic is integral to the story. George Lopez was hilarious in this. The team behind this took great care to show Latin culture and certain references made me smile cause it reminded me of my childhood. Xolo was very good in this. I got this behind ATSV and GOTG Vol. 3
That's what a lot of Latinos are saying in YouTube comments also.

I saw this yesterday way better than The Flash movie WB put out. Straight turd.

If James Gunn decides to do a Blue Beetle 2 they already laid down the groundwork in the post credits scene with Ted Kord reaching out to his daughter. I actually enjoyed this film. Nice story. Dope ass costume 7.5/10.

If Blue Beetle was/is the beginning to James Gunn DCU era this was a good start imo.

I’m not surprised it was probably a decent movie. I’m also not surprised it didn’t do big its first week. Word of mouth might help it out tho.

Beetle Blues

PRAISE: The most I knew about Blue Beetle over the years was the original Blue Beetles Ted Kords story arc. But I was aware that Jaime Reyes had taken up the mantle.
I had to get past a few hurdles in the movie to actually start enjoying it.
Xolo Mariduena turns in a very good performance as Reyes/Blue Beetle.
Belissa Esccobedo was pretty good as his sister Milagro actually reminding me of a young America Ferrera. George Lopez was good as his Uncle Rudy and as Jenny Kord ....Bruna Marquezine looks great in leather.
The villains in the film Victoria Kord (Susan Sarandon) and Carapax (Raoul Max have a couple of good moments especially towards the end which is tied to one of the best scenes in the movie.
Some of the Familia stuff worked. I was pleasantly shocked by a couple of things that played out in the movie. They definitely got the BB look right and I enjoyed what they did with the various gadgets and their inclusion in the action sequences. There is definitely enough here for huge fans of the characters to be happy about.

PROBLEMS : The hurdles I spoke of are attached to what I have been seeing in superhero movies as of late. Why do the writers feel the first 45 minutes must be filled with silly antics and comedy ? Most of it fell flat for me and I kept hoping it would pass quickly. A lot of it is just eye rolling and obnoxious. There were various plot holes throughout the movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Back