Welcome To aBlackWeb

I was gonna ask were there any shazam references but figured yall wouldve mentioned it by now
The Shazam movie was supposed to have black Adam as the antagonist but they changed their .kids because they didn't want the rock to outshine Zachary Levi also the rock didn't want Shazam and black adams origins intertwined. It's funny because I learned in a YouTube black Adam history video that the Shazam movie is based on the. Ew 52 comic. In fact it's just like the movie except black Adam is in it.

I finished my watch and yeah I liked it better. Black Adam layed the smack down on Thor love and thunder's candy ass seven times and threw in a people's elbow so I give it a 7.5

Saw this earlier today. Very thin plot but the action is what really carried the film. My issue was how they edit Rock's head on that skinny body. I liked Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. They really don't need to do a sequel but they should figure out a story to include Black Adam in Shazam 3.

Movie was a 7/10

Man in Black

PRAISE: The popular character created in 1945 is finally on the big screen portrayed by Dwayne The Rock Johnson. This was super hyped up at DC Fandome and I definitely bought into the hype. Johnson does a great job as BA. He definitely has the presence and charisma to pull it off. His co stars Pierce Brosnan as Dr.Fate and Aldis Hodge as Hawkman are given the most to do aside from Sarah Shahi and the kid who portrays her son Bodhi Sabongui.
The writers did their homework on the character and I appreciate that.
Most of the blends of violence and humor worked for me. There's a Terminator 2 Judgment Day vibe to some of the movie which I didn't mind.
Most of the SFX and action sequences are pretty good. The whole anti hero thing was played up well.
The ending of the movie opens up a lot of opportunities for future DC films.

PROBLEMS: Some setups in the story were questionable. I felt a couple of characters were added just to try to connect the other DC films from the past few years. The villain was lackluster with predictable turns around his edges.
While a couple of characters looked cool,I felt they were just there to look cute : Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone,and provide comic relief : Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher.
The placement of popular songs during some action sequences felt jarring.
There's some emotional weight in the movie but not enough backstory lead to me not feeling much for what happened.
Some parts were extremely repetitive.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Back