Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie was cool. 7/10. Better than venom, but I had my fair share of complaints with the movie. The cgi looked amazing in most the movie but sometimes it would be horrible looking. Hated the music for a majority of the film and I dont know why but I felt like most the acting was pretty bad lmao I might have just been too high tho.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means, just not DCs best imo. Really it had a phase one marvel kind of vibe. I look forward to the sequel. Wonder if dc will even attempt a crossover type movie again or if we will just be seeing solo films room here on out.

I just watched it on cynerflix it was netter than any phase one Marcel movie and I'm not trying to start some marvel vs DC shit I'm just saying. The CGI wasn't so bAD only the battle at the end was a little confusing there was too much going on screen at the same time. I have a question though. Was there an after credits scene?

Not a bad movie... The humour fell flat most of the time for me though.

There were some good action sequences.. I kinda wish I didn't see that one set piece where him and Mera were running/fighting with Black Manta and his crew through that town in the trailer.

That was one of the better parts of the film and a great sequence...It would have had a bigger impact if they left it out of the trailer IMO. Was still dope to see though. That sequence, and the chase scene after they jumped off the boat with the flares underwater.. that was a well put together as well.

I'll be interested to see where they take the character from here.

Yeah the trench scene was fucking dope I liked seeing them on screen looked just like the comics too.

I just watched it on cynerflix it was netter than any phase one Marcel movie and I'm not trying to start some marvel vs DC shit I'm just saying. The CGI wasn't so bAD only the battle at the end was a little confusing there was too much going on screen at the same time. I have a question though. Was there an after credits scene?
There was one mid credits scene

I say this movie was better than the phase 1 marvel flicks because of the action and the pacing but in my mind when I was watching it I was comparing it to thot because the whole royalty and bloodline thing with a half brother wanting the throne. Same can be said about black panther. What I like most is it didn't dwell too long with the origin like most superhero moviesnthe character development is done in flashbacks and I hope filmmakers take note we don't need another batman begins it took Bruce 45 minutes to become batman in that flick.

I say this movie was better than the phase 1 marvel flicks because of the action and the pacing but in my mind when I was watching it I was comparing it to thot because the whole royalty and bloodline thing with a half brother wanting the throne. Same can be said about black panther. What I like most is it didn't dwell too long with the origin like most superhero moviesnthe character development is done in flashbacks and I hope filmmakers take note we don't need another batman begins it took Bruce 45 minutes to become batman in that flick.

I honestly can't try to compare it to Marvel Phase 1. Back then it was uncharted territory. Nothing like that had ever been done before.

DC has the benefit of witnessing the greatness AND the missteps that Marvel made when they first started out, so we cant truly compare this to anything from MCU Phase 1 IMO.

That being said.. I have a feeling that the sequel to Aquaman will surpass the first one... Im hopeful anyway

Could you tell me what it was and put it in a spoiler?
Wasnt anything too crazy but:
you see black manta floating in the ocean on a piece of debris. A boat comes up to him and Dr. Shin sees him and they grab him. Shin is impressed by his armor. It goes to the room where manta is recovering. Manta wakes up in his bed and sees dr. Shin trying to figure out mantas helmet. The helmet starts to charge its eyes so manta yells "look out!" Just in time for shin to move as a beam shoots out. He turns around to manta and says "this is atlantean isn't it?! Can you help me find it?" To which manta replies "only if you help me find HIM" As an evil tone plays and he grins. Then its over.

Watched it last night with my girl. We give it a 7.5 to 8. Like others said, the humor wasn't always hitting lol. Reminded me a bit of Thor with these dudes being more brawns than brains

Stunning visuals but man the acting was REALLY bad and the music scores was hella inconsistent. They tried too hard to be marvel with the "family friendly" shit. Also they was dumbing down scenes to appeal to younger fans. If I was 7, I would think this is the coolest shit ever though.

Just finished watching it......the action / fight scenes were great but the script / jokes could have been better. DC and the director took the steps in the right direction to make Aquamayne a legit superhero on the big screen

Stunning visuals but man the acting was REALLY bad and the music scores was hella inconsistent. They tried too hard to be marvel with the "family friendly" shit. Also they was dumbing down scenes to appeal to younger fans. If I was 7, I would think this is the coolest shit ever though.
That family friendly shit is what these super hero movies need in some cases. That cerebral stuff isn't good in some cases bvs for example. I was watching that last night on t n t and that movie was so boring. The whole vibe of it being so dark and hazy and miss me with that capitol hill shit. Broddie is right that ain't superman at all. Although I still feel you can tell a mature superman story if done right. I was comparing bvs to aquaman and I just couldn't believe they are in the same universe .

Just finished watching it......the action / fight scenes were great but the script / jokes could have been better. DC and the director took the steps in the right direction to make Aquamayne a legit superhero on the big screen

Does anybody really go to superhero movies for jokes? I don't think the humor in aquaman was meant to be side splittingly funny it was just a little dry humor and that was s Pugh for me. Sometimes humor in these type of films can be overdone to a point where it's immature toilet humor like in guardians of the galaxy volume 2. There are movies that work well without hardly any humor at all like winter soldier. Forced humor is the worst kind "what are those?!?" It all depends on what kind of story the studio and director is trying to tell and man for example was a heist comedy. Aquaman was a straight up adventure film it didn't need to go heavy on the humor

Last edited by a moderator:
Back