Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: Sticks and Stones

I enjoyed this stand up. As long as he’s got the support from people like us Dave ain’t going nowhere. We not having it. They need to cut that cancel shit out. Always in they feelings when a comedian tell a controversial joke. Go take yo sensitive ass to the car and cry. Dave tells it like he see it.

I'm keep it a buck. Chappelle said some shit about Pryor one day in an interview, and at this point, Dave fills this space:

'You ever seen those evolution charts that start out with Neanderthals and ends with the modern human walking upright? Richard was the guy walking upright. He as the highest evolution of comedy.'.

Thus far, Chappelle is the highest evolution of comedy.
but if Mooney wrote most of Pryor's material, shouldn't he be the highest evolution?

Supposedly Mooney only wrote for the Richard Pryor Show.

At least that's what Aries Spears said. So take it for what's it's worth.

Honestly, I don't know where this "Mooney wrote all of Pryor's stuff" came from. Mooney doesn't even say that to my knowledge. Let's be real, if everyone is running around calling Pryor the GOAT, and Mooney actually wrote all his shit, don't you think there would be a bit more controversy? I mean there are plenty of comedians out there that know both those guys? More than a few people would be pushing that narrative by now especially with Pryor no longer here.

Mooney helped Pryor but clearly if u judge Pryors stuff vs Mooneys... Nobody got Mooney in they top 5

Yeah, there is also the fact that Pryor was known to just hop up on stages at comedy clubs at random times and tear the house down. Mooney is truly a bad mutha fucka if he knows how to ghostwrite freestyles too.

I think Mooney did write for the chappelle show though.

Could of done a little bit for his stand-ups too (idk).

I didnt know comedians ghost wrote for each other until I seen that Sandler flick "funny people"

Nah Mooney didn't write for the chappelle show. It was only Chappelle and the white dude and then charlie with the Hollywood Stories.

Emm I thought he had a hand in the "negrodamus" skit.

And just cause this is the internet...I am not saying Chappelle ain't dope/or not one of the goats cuz he possibly had a ghost writer or two.

Not downgrading any comedian for that a matter of fact.

Last edited:
I think Mooney did write for the chappelle show though.

Could of done a little bit for his stand-ups too (idk).

I didnt know comedians ghost wrote for each other until I seen that Sandler flick "funny people"

im pretty sure they get together and share ideas and concepts like rappers and shit

this other person may not have "wrote" your joke but they might have given you the framework just in conversation

Watched it late last night. I may have cancelled my Netflix subscription but thank God for terrarium. The impressions at the beginning ing set it off. "IT'S YOU!" That joke about being a chinaman in a black mans body thise faces he was making the racist Nigerian accent Dave is the king of this comedy shit.

Mooney did write for Pryor. Maybe not all of his material, but he did write for him. Also John Witherspoon wrote for Pryor when he had his show.

Back