Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dave Chappelle gets no Royalties from

Cuz it's painting some BS narrative that y'all stans are eating up.

Before he went public did Viacom tell him, "no, we ain't paying you" or did he just assume like y'all are doing.

lol So you think Viacom was just going to give him money that wasn't contractually entitled to have? Cause that happens so often in America right? Come on bruh.

Funny thing. I wonder if Viacom gives fuck about it being pulled. They may have had a deal that gave Netflix the rights to carry the show for a year. Netflix taking it down may not matter. Like in sports if you trade for a player. The team that traded him away doesn't care if you play him or not... you traded for the right to play him. You still gotta pay whether he gets in the game or not.

Bruh, where did I say any of that shit?

I said DAVE should've went to Viacom before making it public.

We don't know that he didn't do that.

However, my point was that even if he didn't, it's likely because in his past dealings with them, he already knew they weren't just going to give him money they weren't contractually obligated to give him. Also, as @Bow to Royalty keeps bringing up, Dave pretty much burned that bridge, so he might not have even had the channels in place to make such a request.

We're so conditioned to dealing with "what is", that when someone challenges it on the grounds of "what should be", a good portion of people will say that that person is in the wrong.

We're so conditioned to dealing with "what is", that when someone challenges it on the grounds of "what should be", a good portion of people will say that that person is in the wrong.

I agree with you, but don't think that's the case here. If Dave went into negotiations asking to get paid for licensing deals/royalties or whatever, I don't think anyone would be mad at him. When you sit at that table, get everything you can. But once you sign your name to it, it is what it is. I'd be more sympathetic if he caught that LL Cool J deal, when he signed to 13 deals

I'd be more sympathetic if he signed a 5 year deal from jump. So he was successful beyond expectations but couldn't renegotiate. That wasn't his situation though.

Out here rewriting the rules.

"Show them how to move in a room full of vultures
Industry is shady, it needs to be taken over
Label owners hate me, I'm raising the status quo up
I'm overcharging niggas for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you hoed us
We can talk, but money talks, so talk mo' bucks"

Back