Dave Chappelle gets no Royalties from

Edit: Netflix actually did right by him taking it down. But that's fucked up they didn't try to deal with him first and have cbs come up off something for him in the deal.

I dunno, man. I can't see how Netflix is supposed to know that Dave wasn't paid a licensing fee, etc, etc. They went to the owner of the content and did a deal. It sounds like Dave signed that deal before streaming was at a point where a streaming clause would have been standard. If that's the case, they don't really owe him shit. Legally. Even though shit is really unfair.

But whatever. I'm speculating like a mofo.

From his hit TV show The Chappelle show

Comedian Dave Chappelle requested that Netflix remove Comedy Central's Chappelle's Show over not being paid after ViacomCBS licensed the series.

According to Deadline, Netflix responded by removing Chappelle's Show. Chappelle made the announcement in a video on his Instagram account titled "Unforgiven.

"People think I made a lot of money from Chappelle's Show," Chappelle said in the Instagram video recorded during a standup set. "When I left that show I never got paid. They (ViacomCBS) didn't have to pay me because I signed the contract. But is that right? I found out that these people were streaming my work and they never had to ask me or they never have to tell me. Perfectly legal 'cause I signed the contract. But is that right? I didn't think so either. That's why I like working for Netflix. I like working for Netflix because when all those bad things happened to me, that company didn't even exist. And when I found out they were streaming Chappelle's Show, I was furious. How could they not -- how could they not know? So you know what I did? I called them and I told them that this makes me feel bad. And you want to know what they did? They agreed that they would take it off their platform just so I could feel better. That's why I fuck with Netflix. Because they paid me my money, they do what they say they're going to do, and they went above and beyond what you could expect from a businessman. They did something just because they thought that I might think that they were wrong. And I do -- I think that if you are fucking streaming that show you're fencing stolen goods.

I dunno, man. I can't see how Netflix is supposed to know that Dave wasn't paid a licensing fee, etc, etc. They went to the owner of the content and did a deal. It sounds like Dave signed that deal before streaming was at a point where a streaming clause would have been standard. If that's the case, they don't really owe him shit. Legally. Even though shit is really unfair.

Lol. They're a multi billion dollar corporation that's heavily invested in him. They know everything about him and his dealings with Viacom.

Kanye protesting record contracts

Dave Chappelle protesting sketch comedy contacts

One gets paid and have his own artist in similar contracts

The other gets nothing

Both signed them though and one takes responsibility for doing that.

The other was on top on the game the other wasn’t lol

• Coon
Reactions: Chicity
Yep. Imagine if they were to piss dave off. He leaves whenever the contract is up, then re ups with hbo max or peacock for triple the amount

They kno wtf is up

While Chappelle's Show may no longer be available on Netflix, fans can still view it on ViacomCBS's Comedy Central and CBS All Access, along with WarnerMedia's HBO Max

• Ether
Reactions: deadeye