Welcome To aBlackWeb

Daunte Wright, the latest murdered by police

Serious question:

If it’s illegal to hang air fresheners from your mirror, then where exactly are they supposed to go?

And why is it legal to sell products that are illegal to display?

the fact yall still think theres “right” and “wrong” ways when interacting with police lmao

you can do everything in your power to be complicit and still end up dead. thats why its all a sham
Saw a video of a black man who was handcuffed, made to lay down, being compliant, offering no resistance and the cop STILL kicked him in the face while he was laying handcuffed on the ground, posing no threat.

Stats do show that US police kill white people in large numbers.
So it is still significant that cops in other countries are less trigger happy.
The old adage, "if America has a cold, black people have the flue" is relevant here.
This is a problem that affects everybody in the big picture.
But it seems like the powers that be over look it long as they keep killing black people.
And as long they punish black cops harshly for killing whites or going against the Blue Wall.

No one's making excuses for the police.

Your whole stance is intellectually dishonest.

We all agree that the police are 100% the problem and their actions are inexcusable.

I'm not sure what you mean. I truly don't know if she meant to shoot him or not. I'm not in her head.

I would say that all of these police interactions begin from a place of hatred and white supremacy. Where it goes from there might be racism or it might be incompetence. Either way the cops are at fault.
You can’t argue nuance with absolutists.

Stats do show that US police kill white people in large numbers.
So it is still significant that cops in other countries are less trigger happy.
The old adage, "if America has a cold, black people have the flue" is relevant here.
This is a problem that affects everybody in the big picture.
But it seems like the powers that be over look it long as they keep killing black people.
And as long they punish black cops harshly for killing whites or going against the Blue Wall.

I think this problem is simply more complicated than some people in here want it to be. Some people think its just a matter of evil super racist cops that are determined to kill as many black people as they can.

While the biased policing comes almost exclusively from racism and black people are persecuted more than anyone else, you can't boil every single one of these incident down to "He/She was black so they murdered him/her." If you snapped your fingers tomorrow and ended racism, people would still be getting killed by cops unnecessarily, and black people would probably still be getting killed at a higher rate because on top of they overt racism in policing, there's also a socio-economic component to it.

I think this problem is simply more complicated than some people in here want it to be. Some people think its just a matter of evil super racist cops that are determined to kill as many black people as they can.

While the biased policing comes almost exclusively from racism and black people are persecuted more than anyone else, you can't boil every single one of these incident down to "He/She was black so they murdered him/her." If you snapped your fingers tomorrow and ended racism, people would still be getting killed by cops unnecessarily, and black people would probably still be getting killed at a higher rate because on top of they overt racism in policing, there's also a socio-economic component to it.

Naw. Just because a white person was killed by police don’t mean that person was a legit threat.

The issue is black and brown folks are killed at a higher rate when they are not a threat.

Naw. Just because a white person was killed by police don’t mean that person was a legit threat.

The issue is black and brown folks are killed at a higher rate when they are not a threat.

There is no question that black people are treated unfairly by the police. Only the racists that support the system would say otherwise.

That doesn't change the fact that not all of the incidents are the same and it doesn't help anyone to act like they are. Again, we can hold cops accountable and rightfully place the blame on them without ignoring every other relevant detail that exists.

I always have to remind myself that monk is not Black and thats why it always feels like Im talking to some hipster white man with a Black lives matter sign in his front yard in a gentrified neighborhood whenever these kinds of topics are brought up

it always comes off so ...
icky

6F3C771C-B51F-4711-B2C1-ED97839FAEE4.gif

Last edited:
Back