Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

Dominicans are black and their ancestry is from Africa. They were colonized by Spaniards and we were colonized by England.

Colorism is real in DR and other Afro Carribean islands just like here in America.

If you go to DR there so many dark skinned Dominicans who look like us. They will ask you if you're Dominican. But the only ones to cross over in mainstream America are light skinned and that should surprise none of us.

Now my girlfriend is Dominican and she is light skinned but identifies herself as black. She don't care if you light or dark skinned. If you cool and treat her with respect she'll rock with you.

If you were to see her you would think she a light skinned black person. But what's crazy and interesting is that I've met her family. Parents grandparents etc.

Her parents look like my parents how they dressed back in the day and her grandma RIP looks like my grandma and great grandma. Why? Because they African. Only difference is the speak Spanish.

Not all Dominicans are black. This girl is one of them

damn. Just stereotyped the fuck out of us.

That tweet is ether towards us black folks and y’all didn’t even noticed.

:wtf11:

She is Afro Latina. Slavery in the Western Hemisphere started on the Island Hispaniola modern Dominican Republic and Hati. You have Black Dominicans , white , mixed with Black and white and with Indigenous blood. The people in the Caribbean were in slavery longer than in the U.S.A. Brazil has the largest black population outside of Africa not the U.S.A. Slavery did not end in Brazil until 1905.

She is Afro Latina. Slavery in the Western Hemisphere started on the Island Hispaniola modern Dominican Republic and Hati. You have Black Dominicans , white , mixed with Black and white and with Indigenous blood. The people in the Caribbean were in slavery longer than in the U.S.A. Brazil has the largest black population outside of Africa not the U.S.A. Slavery did not end in Brazil until 1905.
She's not Black

"Mixed" =/= Black

Hol up
Fuck a lightskin
Tf is going on here?

54.jpg

:huh4:

Back