Welcome To aBlackWeb

dababy gets dragged for homophobic remarks

You're smart enough to know that right there is where the problem lies.......niggas picking and choosing the outrage but I guess that argument is for another thread but go off tho yall got it.

I said you have a good point with people picking and choosing the shit rappers say to get upset. But you also have experienced enough of the world to know that people typically only care when it affects a group they're directly connected to. Hence why the HIV comments are what's drawing so much ire because alot of people have felt the effects of what HIV can do to a person or family that loses someone to AIDS. So it's not shocking at all it's how people tend to operate.

The older I get, I just don't understand folks who tell others how to feel based on things they don't live through or have a lifestyle in. I used to do that shit, but I smh at my younger self for not understanding that shit.

Like I keep that same energy with everything. I can't tell a woman how she should feel about wage gaps or equality. I don't think a woman can tell how I should feel as being a man or how to handle a "manly situation".

If the LGBTQ+ community is pissed off, we should listen, simple as that. We would we expect the same energy as a black collective on a racial issue. We just gotta be fair with people man.

FACTS

The older I get, I just don't understand folks who tell others how to feel based on things they don't live through or have a lifestyle in. I used to do that shit, but I smh at my younger self for not understanding that shit.

Like I keep that same energy with everything. I can't tell a woman how she should feel about wage gaps or equality. I don't think a woman can tell how I should feel as being a man or how to handle a "manly situation".

If the LGBTQ+ community is pissed off, we should listen, simple as that. We would we expect the same energy as a black collective on a racial issue. We just gotta be fair with people man.

Exactly. If a person isn't a part of whatever group an offensive statement or act was directed towards then jumping out telling them they shouldn't be upset is just weird as hell. Like niggas get mad all the time when white folks say "it's not that serious" whenever a racial issue pops up but for some reason people forget to extend that same logic to groups they're not part of and will dismiss anything they don't get as fake. Just cuz the shit don't upset you doesn't mean it's not foul. It just means the shit don't affect you so of course you're not gonna be upset.

Go back and look at my posts. At no point did I say you should feel a certain way. I asked why you're determined to try and invalidate the feelings of people who are upset over what he said by calling their outrage fake? I never said you had to be upset but you seem dug in on telling other people that they shouldn't feel a way and that if they do then it's fake. You seem to be bothered at the idea of people being upset over something that you admit is out of pocket and that just don't make sense.
then if you shouldn't feel a certain way then why are you in here feeling a certain way? People are telling Dababy he should feel a certain way for an obvious stupid comment.

I am bothered you're right by the picking and choosing of outrage by the fans, corporations and haters.

Because 2018 he killed someone years before that he shot multiple people, but his mixtape dropped and he became a hiphop star, he was winnning awards and endorsements. Not goddamn word was said except by two people Mr and Mrs Craig (the parents of Jaylin Craig who Dababy shot and killed) but this goofy ass nigga said if you don't have AIDS and or Gay throw your lighters up in front of thousands (of fans who was cheering for him) now its world ending event for Dababy career.

You niggas in here can't be fucking serious but yall got it tho

facts >>>>>>>>> your thoughts

it comes from the gay ball scence which was wayyy before the internet

I remembered it being used in the early 90s by dudes in NOLA as "you over there laughing like a bitch" when shit happening. I doubt they got it from the gay scene but probably, probably not.

Not my fight.

I remembered it being used in the early 90s by dudes in NOLA as "you over there laughing like a bitch" when shit happening. I doubt they got it from the gay scene but probably, probably not.

Not my fight.

lmaooooooooo and the gay ball scene supersedes some some random niggas laughing out new orleans ????

like where did you think they got it from?

Back