Welcome To aBlackWeb

Da Brat AND her wife decided to use a white sperm donor claiming a shortage of Black men in the sperm donor pool

maybe my give AF meter is low to shit like this BUT they tried to have a black child by a black man but unfortunately not too many to none Black men do sperm donation. So how are they getting put on the summer jam screen for that?

Am I missing something?

That's my take too.

You got people saying dumb shit like "Well there are plenty of eligible bachelors in ATL." The whole point of sperm banks is to get it without having to interface with the donor. I'm sure they do know dudes that might donate, but when they deal with it that way, then they might potentially have to worry about that dude coming back and expecting to have influence or rights that they never wanted to give him.

Why do those two women feel the need to put this info out there?

They're on a TV show that's been covering it. So it's not like it was just randomly put out there. As for the choice itself if what they're saying is true and it's more to do with a combination of a lack of Black donors and genetic matching that would ensure a viable fetus than hey...I'm glad they got the baby they wanted and they're healthy. If she got other unmentioned reasons as to why she made that choice then let's hope those insecurities don't bleed over too much into their parenthood.

According to the article in the OP, they were being interviewed and were specifically asked about their journey with getting pregnant. The response wasn't on some "I'm getting me some white sperm so my baby can be light skinned" shit. They brought up the race because they seemed to have actually wanted a black donor but had difficulty finding a suitable option. They seemed to want to bring attention to that issue. That's just my read of the situation though. I could be wrong.

I'm not talking so much about us having a trivial conversation over the topic. I'm talking about the people who are so invested in it and feeling so strongly about it all that Brat felt like she had to come out and clear the air. Like imagine being upset because of the sperm chosen by some chick you don't even know. That's crazy.

Bruh, The National Enquirer and Globe still sells copies daily. There are people just that invested in the lives of celebrities but if you don't give them anything to be invested about, then none of this happens. Your private life should really stay private. Once you break that and begin to make your life public knowledge, you invite critique. Can't be mad about it either.

Last edited:
Bruh, The National Enquirer and Globe still sells copies daily. There are people just that invested in the lives of celebrities but if you don't give them anything to be invested about, then none of this happens. Your private life should really stay private. Once you brak that and begin to make your life public knowledge, you invite critique. Can't be mad about it either.

It's one thing to have your life critqued...it's another to have it critiqued and judged on a blatant lie which that initial headline seems to be. There's a difference in clearing up a lie vs just spewing shit out

Bruh, The National Enquirer and Globe still sells copies daily. There are people just that invested in the lives of celebrities but if you don't give them anything to be invested about, then none of this happens. Your private life should really stay private. Once you brak that and begin to make your life public knowledge, you invite critique. Can't be mad about it either.

I hear you. I'm not defending the Brat's right to privacy. I was literally asking why anyone would care that much. This kind of shit being a topic of conversation is one thing. It impacting you on an emotional level is crazy. lol

That said, let's be real. The National Enquirer, Globe, TMZ, and those other outlets don't always get their info from the source. A lot of the time shit comes out whether these celebrities want it to or not, so I'm not going to fault some of them for putting stuff out themselves in an attempt to control the narrative.

It's interesting that they couldn't find one but most recently a lesbian couple sued a sperm bank bc they ended up with a Black donor and they was mad about not getting the designer baby they wanted

And it was a Chicago based clinic. With money and resources they could have found a Black donor.

I can understand why folks are skeptical.

Melissa Etheridge chose a celebrity musician as a donor and so it's not like Da Brat didn't have options. They could have just declined to answer.

Da Brat is the same person who didn't tell her sister about the pregnancy. Lisa Raye was pissed.

I hear you. I'm not defending the Brat's right to privacy. I was literally asking why anyone would care that much. This kind of shit being a topic of conversation is one thing. It impacting you on an emotional level is crazy. lol

That said, let's be real. The National Enquirer, Globe, TMZ, and those other outlets don't always get their info from the source. A lot of the time shit comes out whether these celebrities want it to or not, so I'm not going to fault some of them for putting stuff out themselves in an attempt to control the narrative.

Think about it like this:

Why does anyone care to look at pictures of what a celeb just ate? Would there even be an Instagram anymore if celebrities dropped off of it? From what I remember, they really started that whole "look at what I'm eating" shit and IG took off.

Why does anyone care to see them doing things that everyone else does like shopping at Target, or getting their oil changed???

Why are people like this? I don't know, but we have to recognize that there are people out there that are simply fascinated with celebrities to that degree.

As for "controlling the narrative", I'm at the point where if someone believes some bullshit about you, let them believe it and go on about your life. Fuck what these people that don't know you and likely never ever will know you think about you.

But if their is a certain genetic condition and none of the doctors could find somebody in time then what? Way more understandable

That's my take too.

You got people saying dumb shit like "Well there are plenty of eligible bachelors in ATL." The whole point of sperm banks is to get it without having to interface with the donor. I'm sure they do know dudes that might donate, but when they deal with it that way, then they might potentially have to worry about that dude coming back and expecting to have influence or rights that they never wanted to give him.
That’s not how that works.
You can find a person thru other means and have him donate. He won’t know who he’s donating to.

Think about it like this:

Why does anyone care to look at pictures of what a celeb just ate? Would there even be an Instagram anymore if celebrities dropped off of it? From what I remember, they really started that whole "look at what I'm eating" shit and IG took off.

Why does anyone care to see them doing things that everyone else does like shopping at Target, or getting their oil changed???

Why are people like this? I don't know, but we have to recognize that there are people out there that are simply fascinated with celebrities to that degree.

As for "controlling the narrative", I'm at the point where if someone believes some bullshit about you, let them believe it and go on about your life. Fuck what these people that don't know you and likely never ever will know you think about you.

I get everything you're saying. It's still just bizarre to me.

Also, celebrities can't really afford to just let people believe what they want to believe. Often times celebrities' livelihoods are tied to public perception of them.

ITs lEsS tHaN 5%

Terrible reason lololololol

If you want a mixed baby just say it lololol

I really don't think that's it. Their point was that their pool to choose from was pretty small, and then when they went through all the health/genetic screening and their own personal screening, white candidates were all that was left.

I don't believe they were looking for a mixed baby. I do believe they prioritized other things like the donor's height or something like that over race though.

It isn't anyone's business but she could have very easily just chose to not speak on it.

She thought saying that shit was cute and entered this shit into public debate. She gotta take whatever comes with that.

It's free of charge to shut the fuck up.

Congrats to them tho.

It's interesting that they couldn't find one but most recently a lesbian couple sued a sperm bank bc they ended up with a Black donor and they was mad about not getting the designer baby they wanted

And it was a Chicago based clinic. With money and resources they could have found a Black donor.

I can understand why folks are skeptical.

Melissa Etheridge chose a celebrity musician as a donor and so it's not like Da Brat didn't have options. They could have just declined to answer.

Da Brat is the same person who didn't tell her sister about the pregnancy. Lisa Raye was pissed.
I think this is all to save face.
Even with less than 5% …it’s still choices.

Back