Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY DA ABW GRILL MASTERS LOUNGE

How do u go bout cleaning yours?
Hot water, one of those sponge that have the scruff side on the other side of it. Clean it then then pour a little of clean cooking oil in and take a paper towel grease it real good on the inside. That'll keep the rust away. And don't let water sit in it for long periods of time

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
This is the only thing I haven't grilled yet and want to try it

grab the smallest one you can find and go for it bro......its definitely a game of patience

biggest couple of things i can tell you:

the quality of the meat matters.....with beef you got select, choice, and prime grades in that order

of course your highest grade is gonna have more fat content thru the meat and its gonna be more tender.....less hard fat and silver skin on the outside too, so less trimming

we try to stay in the choice and up range, but the one I just posted is actually a select brisket we got by mistake (somebody at sams set it in with the primes)

season how you want, but go heavy with your salt and pepper......and then a lil heavier with the pepper again lol....makes a nice bark

and lastly, do. not. use. foil.........took me like 10 times of learning the hard way....only wrap in butcher paper

it doesnt create steam, so your seasoning doesnt run off with the juices....keeps your bark intact while you cook for several more hours

**Sunday post i left on draft**

I was just about to come thru w the brisket from yesterday. Bitch didnt get done til this morning. I fell asleep around 1am, jumped up at 5 like oh shit, ran out there and it was at 209....just a few degrees over where i wanted ?

View attachment 335485View attachment 335486View attachment 335487View attachment 335488View attachment 335489

Thats one thing i havent perfected.

My grill doesn't have the smoker attachment on it. Been thinking about buying one, but i think imma hold off and just buy a new grill with the smoker already on it.

What method you use to get it to the right temperature and keep it there?

Last brisket i tried the wood ran too hot. I havent found the right method yet.

I found one but the guy was using lump charcoal. Took about 7 pieces and lit in in a chimney and then put that on a bed of unlit coals. Got it to 210 and had it stay there for hours.

Last edited:
grab the smallest one you can find and go for it bro......its definitely a game of patience

biggest couple of things i can tell you:

the quality of the meat matters.....with beef you got select, choice, and prime grades in that order

of course your highest grade is gonna have more fat content thru the meat and its gonna be more tender.....less hard fat and silver skin on the outside too, so less trimming

we try to stay in the choice and up range, but the one I just posted is actually a select brisket we got by mistake (somebody at sams set it in with the primes)

season how you want, but go heavy with your salt and pepper......and then a lil heavier with the pepper again lol....makes a nice bark

and lastly, do. not. use. foil.........took me like 10 times of learning the hard way....only wrap in butcher paper

it doesnt create steam, so your seasoning doesnt run off with the juices....keeps your bark intact while you cook for several more hours
When I purchase one imma let you know

Let me know how that go cause I never heard of coffee rub wings. Don't mean it won't be good cause I never heard of it.

Think I might smoke a jerk bone-in leg of lamb this weekend

The coffee rub ended up working pretty damn good on the wings.... tasted much better on the steak for sure tho.

I copped like three different kinds but only tried the aloha joint so far

20200810_164358.jpg

• Goat
Did the coffee rub taste like coffee? I know it probably sounds like a dumb question

not particularly.. well at least the one that I tried.. it wasn't an overpowering coffee taste.

It's subtle... but it blends really well with the other spices/seasoning in the mix... and it smells good as hell

Thats one thing i havent perfected.

My grill doesn't have the smoker attachment on it. Been thinking about buying one, but i think imma hold off and just buy a new grill with the smoker already on it.

What method you use to get it to the right temperature and keep it there?

Last brisket i tried the wood ran too hot. I havent found the right method yet.

I found one but the guy was using lump charcoal. Took about 7 pieces and lit in in a chimney and then put that on a bed of unlit coals. Got it to 210 and had it stay there for hours.

i dont know nothing about that lol....sounds like jesus sandal dad level pitmastery

i've seen videos of people doing brisket on a lil weber grill which is crazy to me....i've only done them in the smoker

in one of those videos i posted you can see my set up but this one might be better...ya'll bout to have me start a channel or some shit

so for brisket i use straight hickory logs....thats one on the ground by the wheel.....I go with bigger logs on this because its gotta burn for so long

this last brisket I did was on from 11am to 5am the next morning.....so for shit like that im going thru 2 bags of charcoal and at least 6 of those logs

the better quality meat doesnt take so long...that select shit stalled out at 150-160 forever

anyway i got 2 racks in my fire box turned sideways, so they catch the sides at a higher point.....this leaves like 4-5 inches underneath as opposed to 2 (which fills up with ashes quick and will kill your fire)

i wanna get a charcoal basket but for now i just heat up a chimney full of charcoal and pour up a pile on the racks....then add a log

i keep the fire box door wide open with a fan on low blowing inside.....this makes your wood burn faster but you're getting good clean smoke and keeping your heat up the whole time.....as it burns up your temp will start to dip and you'll learn when to toss your next piece of wood in to keep it consistent

i like mine up around 275.....i can do this because of space (im usually only doing one at a time) and because i got a baffle plate inside the cook chamber

without that, i'd keep it much lower 225-250

ima stop shootin my videos like that

shits gettin on my nerves, i didnt even think about it

i dont know nothing about that lol....sounds like jesus sandal dad level pitmastery

i've seen videos of people doing brisket on a lil weber grill which is crazy to me....i've only done them in the smoker

in one of those videos i posted you can see my set up but this one might be better...ya'll bout to have me start a channel or some shit

so for brisket i use straight hickory logs....thats one on the ground by the wheel.....I go with bigger logs on this because its gotta burn for so long

this last brisket I did was on from 11am to 5am the next morning.....so for shit like that im going thru 2 bags of charcoal and at least 6 of those logs

the better quality meat doesnt take so long...that select shit stalled out at 150-160 forever

anyway i got 2 racks in my fire box turned sideways, so they catch the sides at a higher point.....this leaves like 4-5 inches underneath as opposed to 2 (which fills up with ashes quick and will kill your fire)

i wanna get a charcoal basket but for now i just heat up a chimney full of charcoal and pour up a pile on the racks....then add a log

i keep the fire box door wide open with a fan on low blowing inside.....this makes your wood burn faster but you're getting good clean smoke and keeping your heat up the whole time.....as it burns up your temp will start to dip and you'll learn when to toss your next piece of wood in to keep it consistent

i like mine up around 275.....i can do this because of space (im usually only doing one at a time) and because i got a baffle plate inside the cook chamber

without that, i'd keep it much lower 225-250

Imma try to find the video, but i was sitting there watching with the Kanye how Sway face lol.

But using the fan is the smartest, simplest idea i never thought of. Definitely gonna implement that. Good lookin out.

• Goat
the fish doesn't stick to the wood planks? I just learned wood planks for grilling was a thing this afternoon lol. I wanna try that shit out

Sup y’all

I’ve tried a brisket once before on my offset grill and fucked it all up. My fire maintenance was terrible at the time. I had to put it in the oven and cook it.
One thing I did learn is you have to do more babysitting/maintenance on offsets compared to regular smokers. If you can work with an offset the others won’t be as bad.

my sister and her fiancé got me a dynaglo offset smoker for Father’s Day. I seasoned it and watched the temps but it wasn’t holding temps too well, I had to get some sealant and put it between the smoke box and the actual container, I also added gasket tape around the doors to hold the heat better. I’ve still gotta get a thermometer that I can just connect to what I’m cooking, Once I have it I’ll try my luck again with brisket.
872076029854_04767232.jpg

Yesterday I did about 10 chickens smoked with apple wood for about 4 hours. They turned out pretty good (skin was a little on the tough side). I’ve yet to smoke salmon in it but I’ll give it a try this weekend if I’ve got time. I’ll get some pics too.

Do you guys have multiple smokers or grills you use?

S/o decided use the smoker on the grill, and smoked some salmon...

20200813_191157.jpg

GEE-ZUS!! That shyt tasted so damn good. So good, I told her to smoke the 2nd one she bought. Man looka here...we gotta start using that more often.

Now I'm sittin here tryin to figure out what else I can smoke. Lol

Back