Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Criticizing Each Other In Public or Private

Fair to criticise each other in the public eye?

• Total voters
I dont think Black ppl should criticize each other in public when it comes to social issues or in Mo’niques/Kapernicks case, when someone Black is personally fighting aganist the machine.

too many dickheads were criticizing Kap in the media when they should have amplified his cause or spoke about issues that prompted him to kneel in the first place.

the same with Mo’nique—I personally think Tiffany should have just said “no comment” or spoke about issues pertaining to women of color and the wage gap or racism/misogynoir in hollyweird —-but thats only IF she has the range.

Now when it comes to Obama, Im on the fence. I think so many Black ppl are caught up in the symbolism of Obama and many are too blinded by their fandom to critique him fully in mass media. I havent seen one real ass opinion about Obama from a Black person outside of maybe Cornel West. So if someone who was informed begin to speak about the many failures within Obamas presidency both locally and abroad, it would be refreshing—-whether they are in front of “colonizers” or not.

I guess how I feel is, speak about shit that you have fully studied and can give a somewhat pragmatic view on.

Also, never downplay or undermine another Black persons “fight” in mass media. If Monique said hey I was a victim of misogynoir or “hey Netflix treated me in a racist way” just simply affirm her, even if you dont necessarily agree and keep it pushing.

Its really that simple

Is Tiffany Haddish speaking her piece regarding the Monique situation

Your view on this and my personal views kinda fall in line for the most part... but i'm honestly a bit torn on when someone has a legit gripe or disagreement with public figures.

If Tiffany truly felt in her heart that Monique coulda went about her business in a better way.... was it wrong for her to say it in a public setting or should she have contacted Mo directly if she could, and been like fam... you coulda handled this better or coulda got the bag like this, this or this?

Same for Obama.. if the gripes from folks was warranted.. should we refrain from saying shit in public in order to keep a "unified front", knowing that if we say something public these devils gonna use our constructive criticism as targeted attacks on our own folk?

Lol yall funny as shit man. So while saying blacks shouldn't criticize other blacks yall are critizing other blacks in the same damn post and probably do the shit everyday.

It's dangerous not to criticize people if you think they are wrong. When people get on a public forum and say reckless shit, they can do damage to their reps, other people's reps, and the black community in general. Sure, you can pull them aside and set them straight in private, but that doesn't necessarily undo any of the damage they originally did. Sometimes, the best way to undo damage done by reckless public statements is to give more sensible statements just a publicly.

Lol yall funny as shit man. So while saying blacks shouldn't criticize other blacks yall are critizing other blacks in the same damn post and probably do the shit everyday.

had nothing to do with the orginial post

nice try tho

How doesn't it? So it's ok for yall to criticize other blacks in public but celebs can't?

nigga this is a public forum dassit and the last time I checked nobody on this bih had access to mass media outlets that could really engage the public at large.

me criticizing Black folks —-fuck that holding Black folxs accountable is a conversation I have daily at my house or on the phone.

Not on NBC or ABC or in front of colonizers

Im not understanding what youre driving at

nigga this is a public forum dassit and the last time I checked nobody on this bih had access to mass media outlets that could really engage the public at large.

me criticizing Black folks —-fuck that holding Black folxs accountable is a conversation I have daily at my house or on the phone.

Not on NBC or ABC or in front of colonizers

Im not understanding what youre driving at

So you don't think a large group of black people on social platforms like twitter etc has the same if not worse affect than a celeb on a talk show?

So you don't think a large group of black people on social platforms like twitter etc has the same if not worse affect than a celeb on a talk show?

They can have an affect on a Black celeb, yes...
are you saying Black ppl shouldnt speak freely on social media platforms?

If a black person goes on CNN (for example) and speak down on another black person (regardless of whether it’s deserved or not, unless they’re a coon) is off code. Because you rarely see white people go on black platforms and speak down on white people even if the white person was clearly in the wrong. If you are asked about it just say something to the effect that you can’t speak on it since you don’t have enough information or it’s not your place to speak about it.

I'm saying anybody who's saying black celebs shouldn't speak freely about another black celeb in public but does the same thing on social media every day is a hypocrite and full of shit.

eh I disagree and this is like comparing apples to oranges

eh I disagree and this is like comparing apples to oranges

You just agreed that black people on twitter criticizing a black person has the same affect as a celeb in an interview saying something, but it's apples and oranges? lol aight, we'll just agree to disagree .

If I go on twitter and speak about my disdain for lets say...um ...tiffany haddish. theres about 8687 mfers on my friends list that will have somewhat of a different opinion—the affect of my words would be 0 to fucking none

wheras if tiffany haddish did/said something foul or harmful in the public eye and it causes an onslaught of Black ppl to speak ill about her, than yes that could potentially have a negative affect on her career —- (and depeneding on what she did, the blacklash maybe warranted)

telling Black people to not “criticize” Black celebs on social media is just dumb and trite. I honestly think if Black people were silenced on social media— we as a whole would be in a world of trouble.

I guess Im more or so speaking about Black celebs going on TV shows, talk shows, podcast and/or talk radio and speaking ill about another famous Black persons “fight” like Kap and Monique.

If a person has the ability to sway public opinion at large, thats when it becomes an issue. Like if I say “Kap was dumb to kneel” on Abc—in front of a billion viewers I would just be aligning with right wing and even some liberal mfers and they could use that to trivilize his mission or downplay the severity of police repression/violence.

everyday water cooler talk isn't all that serious to me or in your words hypocritical @Goldie because even tho I have a large twitter following I really dont have access or power to change the public ideas/opinions on shit.

Twitter is truly just mad mfers yelling in the void.

If I go on twitter and speak about my disdain for lets say...um ...tiffany haddish. theres about 8687 mfers on my friends list that will have somewhat of a different opinion—the affect of my words would be 0 to fucking none

wheras if tiffany haddish did/said something foul or harmful in the public eye and it causes an onslaught of Black ppl to speak ill about her, than yes that could potentially have a negative affect on her career —- (and depeneding on what she did, the blacklash maybe warranted)

telling Black people to not “criticize” Black celebs on social media is just dumb and trite. I honestly think if Black people were silenced on social media— we as a whole would be in a world of trouble.

I guess Im more or so speaking about Black celebs going on TV shows, talk shows, podcast and/or talk radio and speaking ill about another famous Black persons “fight” like Kap and Monique.

If a person has the ability to sway public opinion at large, thats when it becomes an issue. Like if I say “Kap was dumb to kneel” on Abc—in front of a billion viewers I would just be aligning with right wing and even some liberal mfers and they could use that to trivilize his mission or downplay the severity of police repression/violence.

everyday water cooler talk isn't all that serious to me or in your words hypocritical @Goldie because even tho I have a large twitter following I really dont have access or power to change the public ideas/opinions on shit.

Twitter is truly just mad mfers yelling in the void.

Nah u know better than that. A lot of views and perceptions of people have changed based on opinions trending on twitter. Our voice has a stronger impact than you're letting on, but again, we'll agree to disagree.

Nah u know better than that. A lot of views and perceptions of people have changed based on opinions trending on twitter. Our voice has a stronger impact than you're letting on, but again, we'll agree to disagree.

keyword here is: Trending

If a black person goes on CNN (for example) and speak down on another black person (regardless of whether it’s deserved or not, unless they’re a coon) is off code. Because you rarely see white people go on black platforms and speak down on white people even if the white person was clearly in the wrong. If you are asked about it just say something to the effect that you can’t speak on it since you don’t have enough information or it’s not your place to speak about it.

WTF? White people criticize each other all the time, no matter what the platform. You think one of these liberal whites would refrain from shitting on Trump or some other conservative white person just because they were speaking to a black audience? Hell no. lol

You're basically creating some imaginary sense of decorum that whites abide by in order to unfairly shackle blacks in what they can or can't say. Stop that bullshit. These other races don't follow these silly rules ya'll try to apply to black people.

WTF? White people criticize each other all the time, no matter what the platform. You think one of these liberal whites would refrain from shitting on Trump or some other conservative white person just because they were speaking to a black audience? Hell no. lol

You're basically creating some imaginary sense of decorum that whites in order to unfairly shackle blacks in what they can or can't say.
What the fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Here you go saying some shit and then acting like you can't understand a direct response.

You claimed that white people rarely go on black platforms and criticize other white people. When whites go on black, hispanic, asian, or whatever platforms and are asked a question about another white person or the white race, they absolutely do criticize those they don't agree with. If you claim they don't, you're just making up shit to push your side of this discussion.

Back