COVID vaccination site closes early after adverse reactions to Johnson & Johnson shot

i agree.
but until i have something to articulate.......i fall back on what i seen and learned and know about how these things work. and most of the professionals im connected too wont go no where near this and know this is all a gamble.

so stay safe and educated.

And that's cool but just as you have your anecdotal evidence plenty others can point to medical professionals they know who've taken the vaccine and are just fine. And as you said who is a non medical professional to sit and tell someone whose literal career this is that they don't know what they're talking about yet plenty do. It's one thing to gather information It's another to actively discourage and try to sit on some intellectual high horse because you, general you not you specifically, haven't taken the vaccine. Too many, on here and other places, fall into the latter category and those are the people who really need to fall back.

• Ether
Reactions: Mister and A-one
yeah the J&J shot is similar to the Russian one and that AstraZeneca one that was causing blood clot problems in Europe

they all use a modified virus method, so they might weaken over time as people develop a immunity to the vaccine itself

glad I got the Pfizer. 95% baby.

Moderna over here

Condolences to your fam on the loss. I saw you said you'd update on if the vaccine has anything to do with her passing. Any word on that?

People have started to get vaccinated then began moving around like everything is over. We still gotta take precautions to not catch covid ourselves or pass it along to someone who hasn't been vaccinated yet. That seems to be the disconnect ive seen happening.

Seen some duckers this morning on Fox dude said no reason to wear mask after fully vaccinated that is crazy to me

I've said this before but people keep talking about beating covid as if there are no long term effects on the body and it just keeps coming back for many that's not true

• Ether
Reactions: Young_Chitlin
After the J&J news broke people started listing other things that are still widely given out despite the risks that people just seem to ignore

• Ether
Reactions: Inori
After the J&J news broke people started listing other things that are still widely given out despite the risks that people just seem to ignore

ah, I see ‘the pill’ argument has made it to the states - they used it before with the AstraZeneca vaccine over here - which makes you just as short sighted as the antivaccine folks: these aren’t simple ‘blood cloths’ you’ll get from the morning after pill, paracetamol or long flights but extremely rare form of Trombose/bloodcloths in the brain that cause strokes, makes people handicapped and even kills...

The Dutch government halted the use of AstraZeneca - according to the EMA, Gezondheidsraad, Prime Minister and Minister of Health - because people under 60 - mostly woman - share the same risk of dying or becoming handicapped from COVID as from the AstraZeneca vaccine here in The Netherlands ... Denmark halted the use of the vaccine al together and many other EU countries aswell...

JnJ - their vaccine is actually produced by Janssen here in Leiden - halted their vaccine program/supply for now to do more research... its possible their vaccine is actually still kosher

All these companies - from Pfizer to JnJ - have been sued for the previous products they put out ...

point is that medical scientific institutions and agencies from the EU - which are generally stricter than the US equivalent- has halted the use of AZ and might do the same for Janssen and others yet random mofos in their Twitter bubble are still posting bullshit about ‘the pill’ or other shit having more risks etc

ah, I see ‘the pill’ argument has made it to the states - they used it before with the AstraZeneca vaccine over here - which makes you just as short sighted as the antivaccine folks: these aren’t simple ‘blood cloths’ you’ll get from the morning after pill, paracetamol or long flights but extremely rare form of Trombose/bloodcloths in the brain that cause strokes, makes people handicapped and even kills...

The Dutch government halted the use of AstraZeneca - according to the EMA, Gezondheidsraad, Prime Minister and Minister of Health - because people under 60 - mostly woman - share the same risk of dying or becoming handicapped from COVID as from the AstraZeneca vaccine here in The Netherlands ... Denmark halted the use of the vaccine al together and many other EU countries aswell...

JnJ - their vaccine is actually produced by Janssen here in Leiden - halted their vaccine program/supply for now to do more research... its possible their vaccine is actually still kosher

All these companies - from Pfizer to JnJ - have been sued for the previous products they put out ...

point is that medical scientific institutions and agencies from the EU - which are generally stricter than the US equivalent- has halted the use of AZ and might do the same for Janssen and others yet random mofos in their Twitter bubble are still posting bullshit about ‘the pill’ or other shit having more risks etc
I once worked at lieden site.
Place strict as fuck

• Goat
Reactions: Hundredeyes

This aint a me thing. Im looking at information from all sides. It's not personal and people need to stop making it such. Im aware that the US has some pretty wild standards when it comes to medicine they do and don't allow. That's been pretty common knowledge for a long ass time now. When J&J first announced they were producing a vaccine as well others also cited their past history as reason to be skeptical of their involvement. I see the post about the pills not as a pro vaccine take but moreso pointing out just what the tweet says. There's medicine people take daily that have adverse side effects yet nobody bats an eye hardly while the J&J vaccine side effects cause an immediate halt. It's more a shot at the shitty US medical standards than pro or anti vaccine take.

Even tho I'm pro vaccination I went out my way to not get J&J just off their history alone.