Welcome To aBlackWeb

Conway The Machine Calls Out Funk Flex, DJ Suss One & Other Gatekeepers In New York

Also @Dwayne... Jazz is White culture
This is ignorance.

EVERY form of American music derived from Black Culture, namely Gospel.

Gospel begat Jazz as well as Rhythm and Blues.

Those genres spawned off the early versions of Rock & Roll, Country, and current R&B, which branched off into genres like Disco, Dancehall, Soul, and eventually, Hip-Hop.

I’ma need you to take an Intro To Music course.

This is ignorance.

EVERY form of American music derived from Black Culture, namely Gospel.

Gospel begat Jazz as well as Rhythm and Blues.

Those genres spawned off the early versions of Rock & Roll, Country, and current R&B, which branched off into genres like Disco, Dancehall, Soul, and eventually, Hip-Hop.

I’ma need you to take an Intro To Music course.

If you can understand context I was implying that @Dwayne's take on modern so-called hiphop is aligned with that type of thinking. Dumbass.

Niggas who think the old heads need to move out of the way need to show me the young niggas who can carry the genre?

Don't lecture me about how the older generations of rappers aren't what's hot when not a single one of these new niggas have it in them to carry the genre.

Nas, Jay, Snoop, Kanye, Puff, E-40, Too Short, Busta, 50, Wu, all these niggas are still selling out shows, putting out music, and selling records. If hip hop was truly a young mans game then where are the young niggas that are supposed to carry the torch when these old heads are done?

RIP to DMX but answer me this. Where is the new younger rapper with that DMX impact? Where is the new Busta Rhymes or Missy Elliot who can put out a solid album with 14 tracks plus multiple videos for visuals.

Where is the new niggas who can put on a live show like Kanye? Where are these new niggas who can go on a 20 city tour in Europe like 50 Cent and sell out every single show? Where are the new niggas that can get 1 Million people to watch a versus like Too Short and E-40?

Where are the new niggas that can put out as many albums as they have movies and TV shows like Method Man, LL, Cube?

Don't tell me that hip hop is a young mans game without showing me who these young niggas are.

The "old heads" still run hip hop in every single aspect of it. All of it.

Im about to ask a dumb ass ironic question. Ironic cause we on a message board, and im in the hip hop section.

But here it goes.

Who the fuck cares?

How about everyone listens to what they want to listen too and enjoy?

You want to listen to young kids rap? Theres a bunch of shit for you to enjoy.

You want to listen to older cats? Heres a bunch of shit for you.

Hip hop is in a better place than its ever been for the casual listener, cause its quality shit coming out for whatever mfers want.

But yall wanna go a step furher and care about what the next man listening to and get mad they aint listening to what you listening too.

Who the fuck cares man. Just press play on what you like and keep it moving.

I know, I know. Fuck am I doing, the whole point of a forum is for these discussions, etc etc

Im about to ask a dumb ass ironic question. Ironic cause we on a message board, and im in the hip hop section.

But here it goes.

Who the fuck cares?

How about everyone listens to what they want to listen too and enjoy?

You want to listen to young kids rap? Theres a bunch of shit for you to enjoy.

You want to listen to older cats? Heres a bunch of shit for you.

Hip hop is in a better place than its ever been for the casual listener, cause its quality shit coming out for whatever mfers want.

But yall wanna go a step furher and care about what the next man listening to and get mad they aint listening to what you listening too.

Who the fuck cares man. Just press play on what you like and keep it moving.

I know, I know. Fuck am I doing, the whole point of a forum is for these discussions, etc etc

agreed

He got a point tho. Not excusing the ho shit the gatekeepers in the city do. But if you a Buffalo rapper, before you complain about people in the city not playing your shit on the radio, first gotta make sure people in Buffalo actually have you shit in rotation before you may your way to the city.

Agreed. His point was fine. I think when people get hype like that, they have a hard time delivering their point without sounding disrespectful.

nah because Griselda don’t move the needle in the grand scheme of hip hop at all

they not a movement

Maybe in buffalo but they some old niggas that can rap at a decent level during a time where a large majority of rappers dont

maybe if they leveraged all of this music into building something beyond being notable underground rappers than yeah

This is a Stupid post,Griselda IS a movement,their Vinyl regularly sells out whenever they release it. They have Murals all over the world,they're arguably the most popular underground act.

Back