Welcome To aBlackWeb

Conway The Machine Calls Out Funk Flex, DJ Suss One & Other Gatekeepers In New York

While I'm going to assume Flex as a certain degree of autonomy when it comes to breaking joints, he really can't do a whole lot unless the powers that be at Emmis/Mediaco allow him to do it. This is a part of the fallout from the 1996 Telcom Act, decisions on what gets played at a given station no longer fall on the DJ's and program directors, it's corporate suits at the main office of Emmis that make those decisions based on payola in the form of "indie promotions" from the labels.

Bruh, nobody wanna hesr them 2002 street rap bars over them dusty ass beats.

Conway and them Griselda dudes are a tribute act just like Bruno Mars.

Dun need to be happy there's washed ass motherfuckers that are stuck in 1999.

clearly someone does, otherwise Griselda as a whole would be out of business. And there could be more people to get if radio would play their shit.

Flex Hogan ain’t wrong, and neither is The Machine.

Sounds like we got a stalemate here.

Bruh, nobody wanna hear them 2002 street rap bars over them dusty ass beats.

Conway and them Griselda dudes are a tribute act just like Bruno Mars.

Dun need to be happy there's washed ass motherfuckers that are stuck in 1999.

I agree with all this to an extent. I already said that I can only listen to Griselda in snippets because I’ve already heard niggas rap like that and do it 200x better during the early 2000s.

Folks just need to realize everything ain't for everybody and just keep it moving.

Niggas don't listen to Griselda
Niggas don't listen to mumble rap
Niggas don't listen to drill music
Niggas don't listen to J Cole and Kendrick cause they boring, weird or both

Yet all that shit selling and getting streaming spins from somebody

clearly someone does, otherwise Griselda as a whole would be out of business. And there could be more people to get if radio would play their shit.

Ain't nobody under the age of 35 riding with Griselda like that. Griselda and they fans are like the same age, which is weird for Hip Hop because it's youth culture, which is why it typically forces old motherfuckers out violently.

The internet has made niche Hip Hop acts like Griselda viable, but there's a reason why they been out here since 2005, making songs that sound like they came out in 1998 and finally broke through like 2018, when peak nostalgia culture hit with bullshit like Stranger Things becoming popular and acts like the Weeknd and Dua Lipa releasing 80s soundtracks.

Griselda is semi popular right now because nostalgia is popular.

But nobody wanna hear songs with gun mouth noises with no hooks over 70 soul loops. If these dudes want their songs on the radio, put it in the right format.

Last edited:
Folks just need to realize everything ain't for everybody and just keep it moving.

Niggas don't listen to Griselda
Niggas don't listen to mumble rap
Niggas don't listen to drill music
Niggas don't listen to J Cole and Kendrick cause they boring, weird or both

Yet all that shit selling and getting streaming spins from somebody

Nah man, nobody outside of the tri-state era OG hoodlums that ran with Supreme and them and used to have shootouts with Shook Ones playing in the background listening to Griselda outside.

People that listen to Griselda still be saying shit like, "This is real Hip Hop" like it's 2008.

Mumble Rap and shit now is just Hip Hop, that's the sound that all these up and coming 18 to 24 year old rappers that grew up on Chief Keef and Playboi Carti going for.

People actually listen to that other shit...

But Griselda is literally an internet and stuck 90s phenomenon.

Like even Nas got modern beats...even Nas, the worst beat selector of all time.

Ain't nobody under the age of 35 riding with Griselda like that. Griselda and they fans are like the same age, which is weird for Hip Hop because it's youth culture, which is why it typically forces old motherfuckers our violently.

The internet has made niche Hip Hop acts like Griselda viable, but there's a reason why they been out here since 2005, making songs that sound like they came out in 1998 and finally brook through like 2018, when peak nostalgia culture hit with bullshit like Stranger Things becoming popular and acts like the Weeknd and Dua Lipa releasing 80s soundtracks.

Griselda is semi popular right now because nostalgia is popular.

But nobody wanna hear songs with gun mouth noises with no hooks over 70 soul loops. If these dudes want their songs on the radio, put it in the right format.

the reason it took so long is exactly what I said: The 1996 Telcom Act took the power away from local DJ's to play shit after Clear Channel, RadioOne, Emmis, etc bought everything up. Radio is now corporate controlled, the playlists are created by some dude that don't even live in the markets he's controlling. Very few DJ's have the ability to even play anything outside of the corporate playlists; Funk Flex might have a little autonomy in that regard.

There's a reason people are starting to gravitate back to the "classic" sound of hip hop: The shit that's out now all sounds the same, ain't no variety anymore. Same cadence and flow, same rhyme patterns, beats all on some 808 kick and rapid fire hats shit, everybody talking about the same shit. There's only so long you can keep making the same shit the next man made before the people get tired of all of it.

Nah man, nobody outside of the tri-state era OG hoodlums that ran with Supreme and them and used to have shootouts with Shook Ones playing in the background listening to Griselda outside.

People that listen to Griselda still be saying shit like, "This is real Hip Hop" like it's 2008.

Mumble Rap and shit now is just Hip Hop, that's the sound that all these up and coming 18 to 24 year old rappers that grew up on Chief Keef and Playboi Carti going for.

People actually listen to that other shit...

But Griselda is literally an internet and stuck 90s phenomenon.

Like even Nas got modern beats...even Nas, the worst beat selector of all time.

I don't care about what demographic is listening to them. I said somebody is listening to them and you just typed all that to agree with that statement for what?

Back