Welcome To aBlackWeb

Conway The Machine Calls Out Funk Flex, DJ Suss One & Other Gatekeepers In New York

This genre is disgusting.

This is literally the ONLY genre in music where age is a deterrent.

The fucking Rolling Stones were touring till one of them died last year when he (the drummer Charlie Watts) was 80, after they have been dointheir thing for 50 YEARS. And they were still selling ARENAS out.

I mean 50-60K seat venues like MetLife stadium getting sold out in like a hour (and I saw them there, so I got proof).

Fuckin Roger Waters from Pink Floyd is still doing sold-out shows. Paul McCartney could headline ANY concert he wants as the Last Beetle, and he’s like 77.

Meanwhile, y’all muhfuckas crying about who’s over and under 40 and who should still be at the forefront of hip-hop.

Sad, shameful shit.

Facts. We not even loyal to our clothing brands.

The fucking Rolling Stones were touring till one of them died last year when he (the drummer Charlie Watts) was 80, after they have been dointheir thing for 50 YEARS. And they were still selling ARENAS out.

I mean 50-60K seat venues like MetLife stadium getting sold out in like a hour (and I saw them there, so I got proof).

Fuckin Roger Waters from Pink Floyd is still doing sold-out shows. Paul McCartney could headline ANY concert he wants as The Last Beetle, and he’s like 77.

Meanwhile, y’all muhfuckas crying about who’s over and under 40 and who should still be at the forefront of hip-hop.

Sad, shameful shit.

Hip Hop staying young is what best for the genre. It's why Hip Hop became the most dominant genre and rock music died.

Rock music became nothing but geriatrics going on tour and 35 year old punk rockers singing about prom queens.

I don't want no 60 year old rappers. Make your money and get the fuck out.

Only reason why Paul McCartney, Grateful Dead, and Rolling Stones can go on tour until they drop dead because rockers don't move the hell on.

And now look at their genre, dead as fuck. Their kids listening to Hip Hop and wanna be rappers.

Hip Hop stays new, young and fresh. It doesn't sound like it did 20 years ago. It doesn't it even sound like it did 10 years ago and that's good.

lol Niggas finally coming to the conclusion that hip hop is immature and self destructive lmao

This mainstream shit outta here in 2030
Fixed. And I can’t fuckin wait. Take this shit back underground where it belongs. Too many muhfuckas in hip-hop now for no other reason than to want to be noticed.

Fuck THOSE people.

Yeah but how many of old heads are actually relevant to Hip Hop as it is now?

It's only like Kanye West and Future. And most Hip Hop fans love Kanye for his fashion and Future pretty much fathered all the young dudes style. Future probably got another 3 years in him of being relevant.

Lol like none of these young dudes, whether they are rappers or fans are clamoring to get a Jay Z album or a verse.

Even the biggest rapper of all time, Eminem is irrelevant to Hip Hop now.

Shit, the youth about to kick Drake out the genre if he keeps fucking around.

What keeps old heads in the periphery of Hip Hop culture is the reverence other old people have for them. Like all the old motherfuckers that be in NY radio that gonna invite Snoop Dogg to do an interview because he's Snoop Dogg.

Lol like yeah you can be old and kick it at the pool party. But young folks don't want your old ass to take your shirt off and get in the pool with them. You can get a plate and put your feet in the water and take your ass home before it gets dark.

too much instagramming and tok tiking and ppl getting shot at yall pool parties for me to go

but i feel you

Hip Hop staying young is what best for the genre. It's why Hip Hop became the most dominant genre and rock music died.

Rock music became nothing but geriatrics going on tour and 35 year old punk rockers singing about prom queens.

I don't want no 60 year old rappers. Make your money and get the fuck out.

Only reason why Paul McCartney, Grateful Dead, and Rolling Stones can go on tour until they drop dead because rockers don't move the hell on.

And now look at their genre, dead as fuck. Their kids listening to Hip Hop and wanna be rappers.

Hip Hop stays new, young and fresh. It doesn't sound like it did 20 years ago. It doesn't it even sound like it did 10 years ago and that's good.
I can’t co-sign this. Not while Nas has put out three of the best 15-20 albums in the last 5 years.

lol Niggas finally coming to the conclusion that hip hop is immature and self destructive lmao

This shit outta here in 2030

LLS and that's cause folks is literally advocating for letting a bunch of youngins who don't know shit lead hip hop cause the old person with knowledge is old and should just sit in a corner and shut up

Damn 2030 though. 8 years hope I get some better tunes with in that time frame.

I can’t co-sign this. Not while Nas has put out three of the best 15-20 albums in the last 5 years.

Nas did not put out three of the best albums in 5 years, I don't know why y'all keep hyping up those mid ass albums.

It's like when dudes were hyping up Wizards MJ for putting up 30 points on 30 shots.

I can name 15 albums that are better than Nas latest efforts that came out in the last 5 years. From rappity rap shit to the new shit. Nas doesn't rank.

i listen to everything from every era, because i like music.
what a 20 year old kid listens to won’t surprise me, i talk to my cousins all the time. i know who they are influenced by and who they listen to

i’m not saying a 20 year old kid will say nas is his favorite.

i’m saying there is still a market for old heads because old heads still listen to music and still make it

there was no market for old heads because they didn’t exist in 1992. if you were 45 and a hiphop fan ppl thought you were crazy. today, not so much
that’s my only point
I agree with that but weren’t older people saying it’s a fad and they’re just talking? It was just a different mindset

The fucking Rolling Stones were touring till one of them died last year when he (the drummer Charlie Watts) was 80, after they have been doin their thing for 50 YEARS. And they were still selling ARENAS out.

Fuckin Roger Waters from Pink Floyd is still doing sold-out shows. Paul McCartney could headline ANY concert he wants as The Last Beetle, and he’s like 77.

Meanwhile, y’all muhfuckas crying about who’s over and under 40 and who should be at the forefront of hip-hop based on their age and not their skill level and song appeal.

Sad, shameful shit.
We’ll that started from 80’s rappers not liking gangsta rap. They never tried to bridge the gap

The fucking Rolling Stones were touring till one of them died last year when he (the drummer Charlie Watts) was 80, after they have been doin their thing for 50 YEARS. And they were still selling ARENAS out.

Meanwhile, y’all muhfuckas crying about who’s over and under 40 and who should be at the forefront of hip-hop based on their age and not their skill level and song appeal.

Sad, shameful shit.

Bruh do y’all 45-60 year old go to old school hip hop shows? Are y’all trying to see Big Daddy Kane and them?

Back