Welcome To aBlackWeb

Colin Kaepernick: NFL invites teams to Colin Kaepernick workout Saturday

(this could be a thread) Question to yall..with all this Kap stuff before and after he did what he did...

When the national anthem was sang in your presence(work, school, sporting events, events) did yall do the routine stand, put right hand on heart, facing the flag and recite the anthem or was it something you ignored because you didnt give a shit about the "song"

Bruh I did 20yrs in the military, when the anthem came on 4:30 niggas made sure they wasn’t outside. It was a track meet at 4:29.

Ive never felt compelled to participate at any other time unless it was an official military capacity.

2 things from today.

1. Max chasing clout, I don’t doubt that he thinks he’s saying all the right stuff but listen to him. Stephen A says, “He shows up in a Kunta Kinte shirt”, Max interupts SO! Is he supposed to show up with his hat in hand?

What Max is doing is giving y’all advice that he would not himself take, he’s saying shit you wouldn’t advise your own to do all for BBQ invites. He doesn’t yet realize niggas out there (not Kap) need jobs and opportunity but he co-signs all the actions that would hurt and not help your chances.
Steven A even says something to the effect “congratulations, I’ll now get 1000 tweets about me because you interrupted me”!

2. Hue Jackson was on the show and he said he never got to speak to Kap, his agent said “eventually”. NI- GGA, you mean to tell me, you know what never mind y’all will excuse it
lotof niggas living vicariously through Kap

Stephen A should’ve just said nothing at time but he talking real shit from a realistic POV

he was under the impression Kaep would do what he had to get back in

they were creating a pathway back in on their terms/narrative.

he sitting on bread and a endorsement deal so he can buck but dude know he pulled some bullshit. Do the workout or say no. Cause he said no, just made a clownshow of it

(this could be a thread) Question to yall..with all this Kap stuff before and after he did what he did...

When the national anthem was sang in your presence(work, school, sporting events, events) did yall do the routine stand, put right hand on heart, facing the flag and recite the anthem or was it something you ignored because you didnt give a shit about the "song"
I'll Bite. I haven't sang the national anthem or pledge of allegiance since like 4th grade or 5th grade really was just on some I could care less pre teen ish. If I'm at a sporting event I'll stand or sit depending on my mood . I don't have an issue with anyone who does or doesn't. Only issue I'd take is if someone had something to say about What I CHOOSE to do at that time

The waiver. The workout was a thinly veiled disguise to get him to sign that waiver.

Just questions not argument points:

Everybody who flashed a copy of the waiver, it may have been 2 pages. Why it take till Saturday to say naw we out? Did they use them days to negotiate or from there were they like we going to plan B?

What new lawsuit could have been coming? Could Kap sue because NFL weren’t reaching out?What is the next possible thing Kap could sue them for if it ain’t future dealings with the league they no longer obligated to fuck with him.

If you’re the NFL do let a nigga who sued you get another chance to sue you again or do you protect yourself from it.

If you’re Kap do you know this and realize to play you’re going to have to sign a contract from a team afraid you’ll sue. So that language coming with or without a job

While I got y’all here, I’m doing a term paper on the topic:

Did Racial Segregation Improve the Status of African Americans?

Let me know if y’all got any good books to look into I need evidently “for” and “against”

Just questions not argument points:

Everybody who flashed a copy of the waiver, it may have been 2 pages. Why it take till Saturday to say naw we out? Did they use them days to negotiate or from there were they like we going to plan B?

What new lawsuit could have been coming? Could Kap sue because NFL weren’t reaching out?What is the next possible thing Kap could sue them for if it ain’t future dealings with the league they no longer obligated to fuck with him.

If you’re the NFL do let a nigga who sued you get another chance to sue you again or do you protect yourself from it.

If you’re Kap do you know this and realize to play you’re going to have to sign a contract from a team afraid you’ll sue. So that language coming with or without a job
The league already knew he wasn’t going to sign the waiver, it was to them a win/win. He either signs the waiver or if he doesn’t the league can say they tried and they have their people in the media that holds water for them to back them up like Stephen A Smith. Kap decided to still go to Atlanta but do it on his terms and get a work out in in front of NFL people just to show that he’s still serious while making the NFL look funny.
New lawsuit could be them continuing to collude if they find new evidence.

The league already knew he wasn’t going to sign the waiver, it was to them a win/win. He either signs the waiver or if he doesn’t the league can say they tried and they have their people in the media that holds water for them to back them up like Stephen A Smith. Kap decided to still go to Atlanta but do it on his terms and get a work out in in front of NFL people just to show that he’s still serious while making the NFL look funny.
New lawsuit could be them continuing to collude if they find new evidence.

You think he can get a job without signing something that’s gonna prevent them from a lawsuit? I’m talking from teams

Also do see this language in the new CBA coming? If so is it time for niggas to quit

End of the day I just hope Kaepernick is able to have enough bread to live the life he wants to live. Even with him winning/settling his lawsuit, he’s still missed out on 10’s of millions of dollars by not being able to sign another multi year NFL contract like he would have if the owners didn’t blackball him.

Not holding my breath but I still hope he gets back in the league one day and gets to prove everybody wrong, but the more time passes that becomes less and less likely.

We’ve been able to see a lot of people’s true colors throughout this whole situation though shits been sad.

You think he can get a job without signing something that’s gonna prevent them from a lawsuit? I’m talking from teams

Also do see this language in the new CBA coming? If so is it time for niggas to quit
What lawsuit exactly?

What language?

None of them dudes had white people (their main viewers and where their money is made from) in the their feelings like Kaep.

Kaep make them uncomfortable and Im with it.

The NFL dont want to lose money so they gon bend to their viewers

eh.. Mike Vick got a job after the whole dog fighting/killing shit.. and yall know how white folks are about their dogs.. lol

I'll Bite. I haven't sang the national anthem or pledge of allegiance since like 4th grade or 5th grade really was just on some I could care less pre teen ish. If I'm at a sporting event I'll stand or sit depending on my mood . I don't have an issue with anyone who does or doesn't. Only issue I'd take is if someone had something to say about What I CHOOSE to do at that time
I appreciate your context!
If you think about what the allegiance “is” it’s one of the first things the schools drill into you. Shit even before you know your colors you know how to pledge. Now I’m not gonna say do it or don’t but there are far more important issues in America than showing unity to a flag that represents a once divided land that’s been unified bc if war, that was once native to hundreds of Native American tribes, that was taken from from war/plague/ CC.
So the basis of what is being pledged is never really told a true back story it’s just pledge or be blackballed/casted away

Bruh I did 20yrs in the military, when the anthem came on 4:30 niggas made sure they wasn’t outside. It was a track meet at 4:29.

Ive never felt compelled to participate at any other time unless it was an official military capacity.
It’s a drilled ritual that gets frowned upon if in the right venue. It bothers me that , that has to be a focal point by so many. Yet there are thing that ppl do that get frowned upon that are way worse that get less attention

Back