Welcome To aBlackWeb

Colin Kaepernick: NFL invites teams to Colin Kaepernick workout Saturday

Look at the power dynamic here. The NFL doesn't need Kap at all. They've been fine without him, and he's not good enough to carry a franchise. And people seem to mostly be saying the NFL is the ONLY league Kap wants to play in. That means the NFL has the power here.

So as the person without power Kap let them believe if they flew to ATL, then drove an hour to this facility, he'd be there for his workout. Then a half hour before the workout he basically says "Thanks for driving out here, but I'm not doing this. Drive an hour back to where you just came from. Im going to work out there, how I want, with the setup I want." Then he called out the potential employers and said stop running.

If you want a job, and don't have any power you can't move like that. That's all I'm saying.

I said this in the post you quoted "Did Kaep and his team do everything right, no".

Kaep and his team could've been more organized IMO but considering everything that has gone on I don't think what he did was really fucked up and hurt his chances that much. I really feel his moves although not 100% right are completely overblown.

I'm also of the opinion no matter what Kaep did he not getting back in the league. The teams that came were there to save face for the league not give that man an honest look about joining their respective teams. So doing his own workout or agreeing to everything the league wanted Kaep ain't playing in the NFL again. Kaep knows that I think at this point he just wants to keep exposing the nfl for what they really are. Some folks see it and don't like and some see it and don't give a fuck.

Ya, but you don't have to do EVERYTHING right to do enough right. If teams were going in to give him a fair chance, I didn't know if you thought he did enough to mess that up or not.

I hear what you're saying, but your mindset has to be I want to work for you, or I want to expose you. It's gonna be hard to get a job while trying to do both.

Ya, but you don't have to do EVERYTHING right to do enough right. If teams were going in to give him a fair chance, I didn't know if you thought he did enough to mess that up or not.

I hear what you're saying, but your mindset has to be I want to work for you, or I want to expose you. It's gonna be hard to get a job while trying to do both.

The bold is your disconnect. NFL only wants sheep and Kaep ain't that.

Kaep is good enough to be a backup QB in the league no doubt.

The NFL is dont really want the Kaep dynamic due to their core fan base not liking him

Kaep calling out the people he wants a job from dont make sense. He wants them and they dont care about him because hes not elite-great-very good talent. Hes just good enough to be a NFL player and those players are everywhere.

You cant dictate to your employer youre terms when youre very much replaceable.

I stand with Kaep though because the NFL buckled to white america on this because they thought they was gon lose fans

Kaep is good enough to be a backup QB in the league no doubt.

The NFL is dont really want the Kaep dynamic due to their core fan base not liking him

Kaep calling out the people he wants a job from dont make sense. He wants them and they dont care about him because hes not elite-great-very good talent. Hes just good enough to be a NFL player and those players are everywhere.

You cant dictate to your employer youre terms when youre very much replaceable.

I stand with Kaep though because the NFL buckled to white america on this because they thought they was gon lose fans

I disagree cause the NFL don't give a fuck about anything else. They've employed murders, rapists, woman beaters, etc.

What they did to Kaep was a non-physical version of buck breaking. Those old white owners put every other player the fuck back in line if they want to keep getting that check.

Jerry Jones “Our policy is you stand during the anthem, toe on the line," . In other words yall niggas ain't going to do none of that shit on Jerry Jones version of "Candyland"

What's being done to Kaep is nothing but a display of power from the league and team owners. Fans be damned. They know the fans would eventually come back and they know once they've given up that type of power to the players they ain't never getting that power back.

The bold is your disconnect. NFL only wants sheep and Kaep ain't that.

How's that a disconnect? If you want to work for someone your mindset needs to be "I want to work here". If it's not, and you want to keep doing what you want to do, then you don't really want to work there. That's what I said from the beginning. Kap doesn't really want to play.

I applaud him standing behind his morals and beliefs, even if it wasn't always done in a perfect way. Im just saying as of Nov 22, 2019...Kap doesn't really want to play in the NFL.

How's that a disconnect? If you want to work for someone your mindset needs to be "I want to work here". If it's not, and you want to keep doing what you want to do, then you don't really want to work there. That's what I said from the beginning. Kap doesn't really want to play.

I applaud him standing behind his morals and beliefs, even if it wasn't always done in a perfect way. Im just saying as of Nov 22, 2019...Kap doesn't really want to play in the NFL.

Wanting to work some place and being or doing anything as man as a man to work there is 2 very different things. That is why i said you have a disconnect.

You and others who think how you feel about it basically saying if Kaep really wants to be back in the league he should eat their shit to do it. That shit is flat out wrong. If the NFL was being real and honest about the chance of Kaep being back in the league they wouldn't ever give him shit to eat yet that is exactly what they did.

I disagree cause the NFL don't give a fuck about anything else. They've employed murders, rapists, woman beaters, etc.

What they did to Kaep was a non-physical version of buck breaking. Those old white owners put every other player the fuck back in line if they want to keep getting that check.

Jerry Jones “Our policy is you stand during the anthem, toe on the line," . In other words yall niggas ain't going to do none of that shit on Jerry Jones version of "Candyland"

What's being done to Kaep is nothing but a display of power from the league and team owners. Fans be damned. They know the fans would eventually come back and they know once they've given up that type of power to the players they ain't never getting that power back.

None of them dudes had white people (their main viewers and where their money is made from) in the their feelings like Kaep.

Kaep make them uncomfortable and Im with it.

The NFL dont want to lose money so they gon bend to their viewers

None of them dudes had white people (their main viewers and where their money is made from) in the their feelings like Kaep.

Kaep make them uncomfortable and Im with it.

The NFL dont want to lose money so they gon bend to their viewers

No matter the issue the fans always eventually come back the league office and owners know that. Exactly why I said the shit to them is bigger than the fans.

The league could fold today and those white owners would still be multi-billionaires and most of the players would go back to being broke niggas. This one ain't about the fans this shit was about the optics of their power over the players and to keep them inline. Its the reason that team owner came out and said "can't have the inmates running the prison or asylum" the shit is about their power.

Wanting to work some place and being or doing anything as man as a man to work there is 2 very different things. That is why i said you have a disconnect.

You and others who think how you feel about it basically saying if Kaep really wants to be back in the league he should eat their shit to do it. That shit is flat out wrong. If the NFL was being real and honest about the chance of Kaep being back in the league they wouldn't ever give him shit to eat yet that is exactly what they did.

Hold up though. I feel like you're exaggerating here. What shit are they asking him to eat, as a man, to be back in the league? Nobody asked him to apologize, to say he should have done things differently while in the league, to say his views at the time were wrong, to say he wasn't blackballed, to say he loves the police, to stop helping the community, etc.

2 things from today.

1. Max chasing clout, I don’t doubt that he thinks he’s saying all the right stuff but listen to him. Stephen A says, “He shows up in a Kunta Kinte shirt”, Max interupts SO! Is he supposed to show up with his hat in hand?

What Max is doing is giving y’all advice that he would not himself take, he’s saying shit you wouldn’t advise your own to do all for BBQ invites. He doesn’t yet realize niggas out there (not Kap) need jobs and opportunity but he co-signs all the actions that would hurt and not help your chances.
Steven A even says something to the effect “congratulations, I’ll now get 1000 tweets about me because you interrupted me”!

2. Hue Jackson was on the show and he said he never got to speak to Kap, his agent said “eventually”. NI- GGA, you mean to tell me, you know what never mind y’all will excuse it

Hold up though. I feel like you're exaggerating here. What shit are they asking him to eat, as a man, to be back in the league? Nobody asked him to apologize, to say he should have done things differently while in the league, to say his views at the time were wrong, to say he wasn't blackballed, to say he loves the police, to stop helping the community, etc.

Maybe a lil but here is why I said that.

Told on Tuesday that he has workout in ATL that Saturday. Normal workouts held on Monday or Tuesday so GMs and or coaches can attend not just scouts and reps. Who only tell the GM what they think and usually said player still has to workout for the GM and coach.

Asked to reschedule, told no take it or leave it.

Asked to sign a bullshit waiver.

A few other things mentioned but not 100% sure how factual they are from either side so I'll leave that out.

No matter our difference of opinions on some things we both acknowledge that shit wasn't done right all the way around the board.

Told on Tuesday that he has workout in ATL that Saturday. Normal workouts held on Monday or Tuesday so GMs and or coaches can attend not just scouts and reps. Who only tell the GM what they think and usually said player still has to workout for the GM and coach.

A few other things mentioned but not 100% sure how factual they are from either side so I'll leave that out.

No matter our difference of opinions on some things we both acknowledge that shit wasn't done right all the way around the board.

That entire tryout was a scam

(this could be a thread) Question to yall..with all this Kap stuff before and after he did what he did...

When the national anthem was sang in your presence(work, school, sporting events, events) did yall do the routine stand, put right hand on heart, facing the flag and recite the anthem or was it something you ignored because you didnt give a shit about the "song"

I think the waiver was extra since it wasn't the standard waiver. Agreed. That's not the norm, and they treated him worse.

I hear you about them not being flexible on time/location, but the question is, is that the norm? I don't think FA's usually get to decide when they work out for a team. Hue was saying today that players may find out as little as 24 hours in advance. So, I think the NFL was fair here. He was looking for special treatment.

Back