Welcome To aBlackWeb

CM Punk Fired From AEW

Lmaoo I hear what you’re saying but if he thought that than we are saying Punk is your standard dumbass criminal. You can’t try to assault your boss in front of ppl and think nothin will come of it 😂

I think the general public perception of Tony Khan is that he’s a soft pushover mark that wants to be friends with the wrestlers more than he wants to be their boss. It’s no secret that he’s a big fan of CM punk and was empowering him in various ways…and Punk was making AEW more money than ever. Punk PROBABLY thought he was untouchable and that even with this situation, nothing would happen to him.

I think the general public perception of Tony Khan is that he’s a soft pushover mark that wants to be friends with the wrestlers more than he wants to be their boss. It’s no secret that he’s a big fan of CM punk and was empowering him in various ways…and Punk was making AEW more money than ever. Punk PROBABLY thought he was untouchable and that even with this situation, nothing would happen to him.

He definitely took advantage of that man being a mark for him and thought that he'd just be able to do whatever.

We have gotten a lot of questions regarding the future of CM Punk now that he is no longer with AEW contractually.

PWInsiderElite.com can confirm that within minutes of the announcement that Punk was terminated "with cause" by AEW President Tony Khan, he was an immediate topic of discussion within WWE, especially top talents. There were some who were adamantly against the idea and didn't believe it could happen but others who looked at it as a "chance to make big money." We know of one top tier star who was all for it, but it wouldn't be their call.

There's been nothing stated that we have heard among WWE execs regarding interest beyond they "have a merger to finalize" before they can think about any major money talents. A few within WWE have noted it would be an Endeavor call and Punk did have a good relationship with Endeavor/UFC when he fought there. It was also pointed that years ago on Steve Austin's podcast, Vince McMahon noted that others who have spoken ill about the company came to regret it and that McMahon hoped they could work together again one day with Punk.

There was a very contentious falling out between the parties in 2014, but Punk and Paul Levesque did speak ever-so-briefly when he went backstage at a Raw in Chicago a few months ago. Survivor Series is in Chicago in November. While the idea of Punk working a full-time schedule there likely isn't in the cards, Punk working big matches could certainly be a possibility if WWE wanted to pursue it.

Among other promotions, we have heard that Impact Wrestling was super excited about the idea of Punk potentially working there but I don't know that realistically, that would be a long-term option. No word yet whether the sides have had any conversations, or even if Punk is open to conversations yet about pro wrestling.

New Japan Pro Wrestling, due to their relationship with AEW and Tony Khan, would likely not be a destination for Punk.

It's not expected that anyone else out there currently would have the financial means to hire Punk and that Punk likely isn't going to work independents, unless it's something he decided to do for fun.

There does not appear to be any sort of non-compete involved in Punk's termination from AEW and where he goes next, if anywhere, remains to be seen. Stay tuned.

Punk debut in Chicago for Survivor Series
Punk vs Seth at Rumble
Punk vs Cena at Mania
Punk vs Roman in the Spring
Punk vs Cody at Summerslam

If he even makes it that far you can mix him in with the Balor's and Styles and Nakamura's of the world. But bringing him in to work the top of the card seems easy enough. He wouldn't be making decisions like on Collision so just do the work and go home.

Punk debut in Chicago for Survivor Series
Punk vs Seth at Rumble
Punk vs Cena at Mania
Punk vs Roman in the Spring
Punk vs Cody at Summerslam

If he even makes it that far you can mix him in with the Balor's and Styles and Nakamura's of the world. But bringing him in to work the top of the card seems easy enough. He wouldn't be making decisions like on Collision so just do the work and go home.

he’ll probably quit if he’s not main eventing either night of the “buy one, get one free extravaganza”

If he goes back to WWE, then give him the Brock Lesnar schedule.

I see it like this...if they feel like they're gonna make more money with Punk on board...then I would not be shocked if they bring him in.

If he goes back to WWE, then give him the Brock Lesnar schedule.

I see it like this...if they feel like they're gonna make more money with Punk on board...then I would not be shocked if they bring him in.
They would have no choice but to give him.a part-time schedule due to his age. Punk is 44 right now and will be 45 next month. Not too many 40+ guys in WWE doing a full-time schedule except Sheamus & Bobby Lashley.

If he goes back to wwe after all this boolshit, I’d say CM Punk is weak as fuck
Nah. It's a different regime despite some of the same people he had issues with being in power. Though WWE has always had what AEW has seemingly never had, someone in the locker room like the Undertaker. I would have thought guys like Sting and Jericho would command a certain respect that limits the drama AEW has had.

Nah. It's a different regime despite some of the same people he had issues with being in power. Though WWE has always had what AEW has seemingly never had, someone in the locker room like the Undertaker. I would have thought guys like Sting and Jericho would command a certain respect that limits the drama AEW has had.

But it’s not a diff regime. Vince still RUN shit.

That whole idea of folks like the undertaker being backstage and intimidating people…man those days are over. During these days, wrestling companies are ran like actual businesses. You can’t just be fuckin people up because they don’t do as they’re told.

I’m sure the Christian Bucks made the call…

Following the termination of CM Punk this past weekend, PWInsider.com has learned that Chris Guy aka Ace Steel was released by AEW earlier today.

Steel, the original trainer of Punk and Colt Cabana, had been hired as a Coach/Producer by the company after being released by WWE, where he was a Performance Center Coach and NXT Producer. He made several appearances on camera with Punk leading into the All Out 2022 PPV, which saw Punk get into a physical altercation with The Elite backstage after the show. Steel (who's wife was in the room) got involved, alleging biting Kenny Omega.

Steel was the only person fired from the company in the wake of the incident, but was brought back, at Punk's insistence. The plan was for Steel to work as Punk's Coach/Producer but when it came time for AEW Collision to be announced, the company made the decision that Steel would not be allowed to physically work on site at the tapings. This caused a delay in Punk's return being announced as the two sides ironed it out with Steel working remotely via Zoom calls.

There had been talk over the last month that AEW was looking into a space in Florida for Steel to train and work with talents, but that obviously, will not come to pass.

"The Christian Bucks" is such a wack nickname. This guy is like 0 for 4000 for nicknames he comes up with lol

Back