Welcome To aBlackWeb

Chi Town B, You're A Hater Fan

giphy.gif

i felt the same at 22

now i cant even fathom being with someone that is not Black

Cool. That is your right. I just don't see how it is productive to try and force that view on someone else (not saying you have).

There is nothing wrong with black nationalism and that whole kick. Just can't expect others to fall in line.

That's my only issue with the 'extremes', and not saying you are. It's the whole notion of 'our way or else'.

You know I have to bring a comic book element to this. I reference Killmonger from 'Black Panther'. His idea was to flip everything from the percieved 'white supremacy' to 'black supremacy'. That is why T'Challa went against him.

We both have a choice for 'blackness' over others, but if we think we are better than anyone else, we've learned nothing from Dr. King nor Malcolm X. The extremes of Malcolm X is his early years of black nationalism is what many black people know him for. But if you read the 'Autobiography', then you know his views changed after he went to Mecca.

We all should be growing as our life experiences develop. I would just caution against taking such extremes and expecting others to follow suit, or insulting others for not doing so.

Back