Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH ChatGPT Thread

The future applications for this are cool and all (apart from the issues around job loss, misinformation campaigns, plagiarism, etc) but I'm always coming across doomsday scenario news in regards to AI. And I don't think these money hungry tech bros will handle its development properly unless government steps in. Thoughts on this?

The future applications for this are cool and all (apart from the issues around job loss, misinformation campaigns, plagiarism, etc) but I'm always coming across doomsday scenario news in regards to AI. And I don't think these money hungry tech bros will handle its development properly unless government steps in. Thoughts on this?
Can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube scenario. It’s out now so there’s no stopping it.

If the experts’ fears are true, this will be a nuclear weapon scenario, but fully accessible to everyone and not just large governments with the resources to develop it.

IF…the fears come to fruition. Otherwise this could be the next evolution of human society. We are living in a defining moment of human history.

Do people seriously think Terminator will become reality?
The Terminator scenario basically turns tech into humans. Human logic is kill to live. That’s not the only logical conclusion to all of this. There’s also a conclusion that tech creates a utopia, solving all issues that would have taken us thousands of years to figure out on our own.

Right now, we know the algorithms that drive the decisions because we defined the algorithms and can predict the outcomes. When the technology defines the algorithms that lead to the outcomes, we’re completely out of the loop. I think us relinquishing control to systems that are so much more intelligent than us is where the fear lies. And we like control.

The Terminator scenario basically turns tech into humans. Human logic is kill to live. That’s not the only logical conclusion to all of this. There’s also a conclusion that tech creates a utopia, solving all issues that would have taken us thousands of years to figure out on our own.

Right now, we know the algorithms that drive the decisions because we defined the algorithms and can predict the outcomes. When the technology defines the algorithms that lead to the outcomes, we’re completely out of the loop. I think us relinquishing control to systems that are so much more intelligent than us is where the fear lies. And we like control.
Basically this…

Can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube scenario. It’s out now so there’s no stopping it.

If the experts’ fears are true, this will be a nuclear weapon scenario, but fully accessible to everyone and not just large governments with the resources to develop it.

IF…the fears come to fruition. Otherwise this could be the next evolution of human society. We are living in a defining moment of human history.

I moreso meant government regulating AI, not outright stopping its dev. Because even some silicone valley guys see that the development of its capabilities is far outpacing a real concerted effort to study and apply safety and ethics standards. But given that it's all coming to market and there's profit to make, it's unrealistic to expect these companies to slow down their development unless a third party comes in and puts their foot down.

I moreso meant government regulating AI, not outright stopping its dev. Because even some silicone valley guys see that the development of its capabilities is far outpacing a real concerted effort to study and apply safety and ethics standards. But given that it's all coming to market and there's profit to make, it's unrealistic to expect these companies to slow down their development unless a third party comes in and puts their foot down.

a government made up of mostly senior citizens where alot of them are pretty clueless on tech stuff shouldnt be regulating any thing

Back