Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Change your aesthetic for your s/o??

Are you willing to change your look to appease your partner?

• Total voters
If it's something small like she wants me to wear a crewneck when we go out for dinner tonight, then cool, but if it's something drastic like cutting my dreads or shaving my beard, fuck no.
Bro, first thing I did was imagine being told to but my locs and I immediately grinded my teeth

Me going Stevie status is the only time I'd entertain such nonsense without getting tight

When he wanna be chose:
A young me would have said no fuck no.

An older me, if i decide to be together with you, its whatever you want thats gonna make you happy. Not because im this great guy, but cause its less headache for me to just do what she asks.

Long as she not gonna ask me to rock some goofy ass shit im good.

But deep down he really a scumbag:
I cant cut my beard though. She better not ask for that

I'm always open to new shit, but I ain't going against who I am just to satisfy her. Cuz that builds resentment. And in time that could cause an unnecessary wedge

To the ladies of ABW:

I don’t have any issue with suggestions about changing my appearance when it comes to certain clothes but what if she wants me to dye my beard? I’m 35 and have a few noticeable white hairs when I grow the beard. I definitely don’t wanna dye it because I don’t care about the white hair but some women do. Would you ever suggest to your man that he needs to dye his hair or facial hair?

Are you willing to change your look to appease your partner??

What if she doesn't like facial hair and you're #beardgang?

What if he likes long hair and nails and you're team natural?

Would you switch up your wardrobe?

How would you feel if your partner changed something dramatically as far as their looks go?

Should there be a willingness to compromise to keep your partner happy?

Sheeeeeit, wish tf I would.

I love being natural, I love getting my nails and toes done AND I wouldn’t give two shits what he did or didn’t like if I don’t like it lol.

I absolutely will not compromise how I look for nan soul.

To the ladies of ABW:

I don’t have any issue with suggestions about changing my appearance when it comes to certain clothes but what if she wants me to dye my beard? I’m 35 and have a few noticeable white hairs when I grow the beard. I definitely don’t wanna dye it because I don’t care about the white hair but some women do. Would you ever suggest to your man that he needs to dye his hair or facial hair?
No.

I'm not changing anything. But when we go out and when I want to surprise him I'll pull out all the stops. LOL if he likes it cool, but don't expect me to do that shit all the time.

I'm not changing anything. But when we go out and when I want to surprise him I'll pull out all the stops. LOL if he likes it cool, but don't expect me to do that shit all the time.
What's pull out all the stops vs just regularly dressing up?

Back