Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Change your aesthetic for your s/o??

Are you willing to change your look to appease your partner?

• Total voters

Whis Khalifa

Legion of Trill
Mod Squad
Are you willing to change your look to appease your partner??

What if she doesn't like facial hair and you're #beardgang?

What if he likes long hair and nails and you're team natural?

Would you switch up your wardrobe?

How would you feel if your partner changed something dramatically as far as their looks go?

Should there be a willingness to compromise to keep your partner happy?

I’m not changing shit. If you met me looking a certain way and you stepped to me you liked it. If it’s the opposite of what you like and you still stepped to me you just wasted both our time.

If I had something on that he thought was too revealing or sexy AND I wasn’t going to be with him ( girls night) I wld consider changing if it made him uncomfortable but not on no control shit. If we’re stepping out together I’m wearing wtf I put on.

What if she doesn't like facial hair and you're #beardgang?
This already happened
Depends on how I'm feeling

If i was about to switch up the facial hair anyway and you have a suggestion then cool I might do it but right now a bunch of woman want me to cut my beard and I'm not doing it
Don't wanna

I’m not changing shit. If you met me looking a certain way and you stepped to me you liked it. If it’s the opposite of what you like and you still stepped to me you just wasted both our time.

If I had something on that he thought was too revealing or sexy AND I wasn’t going to be with him ( girls night) I wld consider changing if it made him uncomfortable but not on no control shit. If we’re stepping out together I’m wearing wtf I put on.
How would you feel if your partner dyed his hair a crazy color or shaved his beard?

Would you be upset that he didn't consult you first?

I'm just wondering if this is one of those things that couples compromise on..

While my initial response was about 90% true

I wanted to say that there was a time I considered their input on a few fashion items. My thinking was if she likes it then I'll try it but then I slowly started realizing that some of the things she would suggest from time to time, I just wasn't feeling and when I would be like, egg I'm cool, then it turned into, you must be trying to look nice for someone else.

I need to be comfortable first and foremost

Now if we going somewhere and I'm trying to be a bit too casual by wearing sneakers, and she suggests something a lil more casual but I don't have to wear a hard bottom, I'll take that into consideration

How would you feel if your partner dyed his hair a crazy color or shaved his beard?

Would you be upset that he didn't consult you first?

I'm just wondering if this is one of those things that couples compromise on..
If it looked good I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it. If he looked crazy "riight"

Depending on what it is, I'd be open to try.
Here's my thing...

I come as is.

If he likes the extensions and long nails and lashes,etc... He's gonna have to get them for me cause it's not what I spend my money on.

But I'll do it for him on occasion... To switch it up... But not all the time cause like @Lea said, he supposedly liked me as myself when we met.

Here's my thing...

I come as is.

If he likes the extensions and long nails and lashes,etc... He's gonna have to get them for me cause it's not what I spend my money on.

But I'll do it for him on occasion... To switch it up... But not all the time cause like @Lea said, he supposedly liked me as myself when we met.
Oh I agree! I'm talking like dresses/skirts. I'm not super girly, but I don't mind switching it up sometimes.

She been trying to change how i dress for years....shit won't work. I don't like how she thinks I should look. So she gave up.
Got a closet full of shit with tags still on them.

But most other things...I don't care. She gets her way.

Back