Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you take money from your young children?

Loquacious

🤎🖤
Site President
Let’s say you fell on hard times and need a little extra funds to make ends meet. Your child take it upon themselves and does something like sell lemonade or if a teen, works a little overtime. Your child then approaches you and give you the money they’ve earned, would you take it?

Can’t do it.
If they offered, I wouldn't ask. But if they knew shit was tight and they felt their little bit would help and makes things better, no I'm not gonna insult their little soul and say nah its okay, you keep your money and I'll continue to struggle alone.

If they offered, I wouldn't ask. But if they knew shit was tight and they felt their little bit would help and makes things better, no I'm not gonna insult their little soul and say nah its okay, you keep your money and I'll continue to struggle alone.
I would say this. I don’t think it’s insulting imo.

Growing up my parents were broke and I had to start working fulltime at 14 and giving them most of what I made to make ends meet.

Im hoping to try and not let my kid go through that.

I would say this. I don’t think it’s insulting imo.
Idk watching how my girls wanted to help in their little ways to make a home function, it'd be hard to tell them that. Kids really think their parts are amazing fix alls! Their $5 saved the day! And they don't think nothing about it, just wholly helpful hearts.

Idk watching how my girls wanted to help in their little ways to make a home function, it'd be hard to tell them that. Kids really think their parts are amazing fix alls! Their $5 saved the day! And they don't think nothing about it, just wholly helpful hearts.
My son is a giving person. He once saved $146 and told me he was giving it to me and I shot it down. I can’t take money from my child.

My son is a giving person. He saved $146 and told me he was giving it to me and I shot it down. I can’t take money from my child.
Awwww what a beautiful heart/soul. $146? Idk, I thought we're taking about little kids thinking their $5-10 helped mommy make shit happen and went off to tell their friends how grown they are now. Idk if I could take that kinda stash they saved up, what if I was never able to pay it back? Just tell em thems the brakes kid, shouldve kept your stash secret... but then also how would I explain to them well we didn't have anything to eat even tho you offered to give me your money for food. Like its 1:04am rn, it's too much for me pea brain rn

Back