Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

Yea...ive hung out in the hood or stayed around there for a long time. If i judged mfs just by what i seen passing thru and not actually speaking to ppl or brushing up the bullshit ignorant mfs do in some encounters as "this must be how all black ppl are" id probably be prejudiced to. But encounters dont count. I mean relationships, doesnt have to be romantic.

If u never had a genuine relationship or friendship with a white person yet youve been around them, your prejudices may be the reason.

But one thing u mentioned, perspective, is important. As a white dude if im seen dating outside my race im looked at as an open minded progressive individual. Whereas if a black person does it u start hearing about being a sellout or doing it for 100 reasons other than love or friendship.

As for woke....i mean socially conscious as far as race goes. The best example i can give u of a woke white man is Tim Wise. If u never heard of him id appreciate u checkin out a vid n tellin me is he woke to u or not.
Yeah, I know of Tim Wise and yes, that's the closest I've seen to a white 'woke' person...ever. But you have to agree that's not the norm.
And I have 2 white friends and they already know when the revolution comes imma give them a 5 min head start to hide.
Once again, nobody is saying IR couples cant date, fall in love, etc... But the black person in that couple just ain't as 'woke' as they think they are.

One of the "wokest" white guys I know had a white wife...

I always joke he's so black he married a white woman....

Racial humor can be so sad it's funny sometimes

Yeah, I know of Tim Wise and yes, that's the closest I've seen to a white 'woke' person...ever. But you have to agree that's not the norm.
And I have 2 white friends and they already know when the revolution comes imma give them a 5 min head start to hide.
Once again, nobody is saying IR couples cant date, fall in love, etc... But the black person in that couple just ain't as 'woke' as they think they are.
The question posed was not whether it was the norm but simply whether or not its possible. If a white person can be woke, a black person dating a white person can be woke, especially if that white partner is woke or at the very least sympathetic and puts in effort to understand more.

I take it u dont think white ppl can be woke so with that we simply have to agree to disagree and thats where the discussion disconnects for me.

But ima white dude, so of course im gonna have that opinion and its not a surprise that as a black person u feel opposite. I do know no matter how woke i can strive to be ill still never fully grasp being black in america so for all i know maybe i am being naive. But whos to decide? Ppl just live their lives in infinitely diff ways as they see fit n everyone else is the judge. Society did a number on us all.

In closing, stop malcom x'ing your white friends!!

I posted about this shit earlier in the debate thread... I think it applies here.

I'm a black man married to a white woman and I'm "pro-black" to the fullest. I've dealt with racist shit from both sides of the spectrum for better or for worse. There's brothas out here who fuck with white woman because they feel a curtain way about black women/black culture and they try to escape. Believe me I ain't the case. My wife and I have argued with some of her family members over everything from Trump to BLM to the Tiki torch whites. My kids know full well who they are and embrace that shit.

Me being a proud black man didn't change cuz I married a white woman. Just cuz I married outside my race it means I'm not "pro-black"? That's a silly way of thinking. I've been in serious relationships with black and white women. Can't help who ya fall in love with. I want the same goal as the next man so who cares who I'm with? Like there isn't black people who've done harm to the cause and had a black significant other. Come on now.

I posted about this shit earlier in the debate thread... I think it applies here.
Thats whats up ,but more often than not that aint the case you got dudes and women who forge relationships based on some frivolous or some deep seeded self hate

Last edited:
Thats whats up ,but more often than not that aint the case you got dudes and women who forge relationships based on some frivolous or some deep seated self hate

It’s unfortunate when shit like that happens. Some people can’t help that shit and I’m sure it comes from some fucked up childhood experience.

This is a conundrum that I'm faced with in my personal life. One of my best friends, that I grew up with, has a daughter by, and is dating, a white girl.

Dude has a master's degree, good job, level head, super outgoing personality. One of those people that can strike up a convo with just about anyone. All that shit that made him sought after by many women.

He started fuckin wit this super young white girl and slipped up. This is the first white girl he's ever been with too.

This wouldn't be such a problem for me, but there are multiple factors at play that are constantly irritating me.

1. The bitch ain't cute. It's shallow, I know. But this nigga had a bevy of beautiful, accomplished black women that he could have ended up with. No body to speak of. Like, I wouldn't have even given this broad a thought if I saw her on the street. She's not ugly, she's just super plain.

At least u are honest enough to admit u are shallow but it's something u should work on and mature

Also looks are subjective what is not cute to u is to others and what u consider beautiful is not to others

Most importantly if u were a real friend u would be happy for him but u not so this says a lot about your character and your racist ideology

To answer the thread starters question

Hell yea i am very pro race mixing and as i always say the soul has no colour our true essence is our soul not no skin which is temporary plus we all originated from the same place some just got white because of climate

well I can only speak for myself but I think thats ridiculous

all this shit is subjective to where a person lives, lifestyle, hobbies, occupation, etc

for instance, I dated all different races growing up.....mostly black but I never discriminated.....my first child is with a black woman

when that relationship ended, I was on some "never again" shit with relationships.....i wanted to be single and just live life and work on me

never once had the mindframe of going after any particular race because i didnt even want a gf, fuck what color she was

my wife and I have been friends since 7th grade....she was a tomboy and played basketball, was always cool to talk to, and was just an all around good person.....started chatting it up with her soon after me and the bm split....and shit just happened....within months we were building each other and making shit happen in each others lives that wasnt happening otherwise.....I got my daughter back (full custody), got off paper, started process of getting rights back, started fixing my credit, and pretty much changed my lifestyle...she left her family's business and started her own, and later bought another, and has now had 2 children for me and takes damn good care of all 3 of them....hair and all (yeah that matters lol)

but we've heard it all and been thru it all....people love to tell us why we're together and whats happening....shits amusing at this point

your wife is white?

I think we need to make a clear distinction between Black Pride and Black Supremacy.

I know nothing exists in a bubble, but a lot of ideals people attribute to Black Pride would be deemed racist if they were displayed by another group of people.

Kill yourself for this post

Many Arabs are considered white by their own standards. Arab slave trade shows they not us. Talking about white folks does not mean other oppressors get to pass but also many of these other oppressors are supporters of whiteness. India is an example, Japan, Arab world eyc

I am sorry but why are u speaking on something u have no clue about

India was oppressed by white people many wars were fought to gain freedom many Indian soldiers died in the cause of fighting the European invaders so stop this nonsense please.

U are correct about the Arabs though but they are whites them self they have white skin and come under Caucasian so of course they gonna support what they happen to be which is white

At least u are honest enough to admit u are shallow but it's something u should work on and mature

Also looks are subjective what is not cute to u is to others and what u consider beautiful is not to others

Most importantly if u were a real friend u would be happy for him but u not so this says a lot about your character and your racist ideology

This is extremely ironic coming from someone who literally spends most of her time glorifying and exploiting the worst parts of a lifestyle that many people of a lower socioeconomic background try desperately to escape.

Try turning the mirror around when you speak of someone else being shallow.

This is extremely ironic coming from someone who literally spends most of her time glorifying and exploiting the worst parts of the lifestyle that many people of a lower socioeconomic background try desperately to escape.

This is extremely ironic coming from someone who literally spends most of her time glorifying and exploiting the worst parts of a lifestyle that many people of a lower socioeconomic background try desperately to escape.

Ok fair point u got me

wow I missed so much in my own thread lmao

first off @Goldie was speaking facts and I hate how yall tried to silence my boy!!!

second off, my original point still stands—-you cant be “pro-black” and date/marry/fuck white people. It absolutely makes no logical sense, unless said white person is committed to denouncing whiteness/white supremacy including their own.

if they arent checking their white counterparts and working to educate the ignorant ass white folxs around them, then guess what? they asses are just as oppressive as the rest of these white folxs out here —-the only difference is, theyre laying in your bed

Last edited:
Back