Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can we please stop using Malcolm X as a shield for f***ery?

Soul_Rattler

First it's black feminists touting his "the most disrespected and unprotected person in Smerica is the black woman" speech as a way demoralize black men.

Now this shit...

When you sue a billion dollar company and get an out of court settlement, you are no longer being oppressed.

This too...
Screenshot_20191118-212548_Facebook.jpg

Malcolm did not recant any of his beliefs except for his religious beliefs. And more important, he tried to rejoin the Nation of Islam before he was murdered. This is for the folk who act like X did a complete 180 on all of his ideologies. He did no such thing.

Either quote him right or leave him alone.

No

But my career and his career are vastly different things
The principle of employment-at-will is the same.

He was being denied an opportunity to be employed. That was made right with the lawsuit. But what he just did was spit in everyone's face. Maybe he did it on purpose, maybe he thinks there should be no bad feelings from the NFL. Either way, this weekend was his to ruin and ge took full advantage.

That voids him of being oppressed. He did it to himself.

First it's black feminists touting his "the most disrespected and unprotected person in Smerica is the black woman" speech as a way demoralize black men.

Now this shit...

When you sue a billion dollar company and get an out of court settlement, you are no longer being oppressed.

This too...
View attachment 191433

Malcolm did not recant any of his beliefs except for his religious beliefs. And more important, he tried to rejoin the Nation of Islam before he was murdered. This is for the folk who act like X did a complete 180 on all of his ideologies. He did no such thing.

Either quote him right or leave him alone.

he did a 180 on this:

"I regret that I told her she could do ‘nothing.’ I wish now that I knew her name, or where I could telephone her, and tell her what I tell white people now when they present themselves as being sincere, and ask me, one way or another, the same thing that she asked."

and...

"Well, I’ve lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. . . . I guess a man’s entitled to make a fool of himself if he’s ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years."

Its really weird how so many black people have a problem with Kaepernick.

If you're black he's done absolutely nothing wrong, he's done nothing to offend you yet niggas nitpick him left and right (bars)

So many of yall are off code. No solidarity. No united front. Smmfh

Last edited:
he did a 180 on this:

"I regret that I told her she could do ‘nothing.’ I wish now that I knew her name, or where I could telephone her, and tell her what I tell white people now when they present themselves as being sincere, and ask me, one way or another, the same thing that she asked."

and...

"Well, I’ve lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. . . . I guess a man’s entitled to make a fool of himself if he’s ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years."

I understand what brother Malcolm was saying. As men, brothas should want to get ourselves out of this shithouse by our own two. Thing is we didn't put ourselves here, it took many hands and centuries to do it.
Might be next to impossible to get up on our own.
It's just that accepting any type of help might be looked at as weak plus fuckin with gentiles is how we got here in the first place.

But yea I could see why he would regret that but initially think it was the right thing to do

NFL was a joke for the workout.

I read that Kaep had changed the venue a few days before and had a wavier and everything and told team like 90 before he was to have the workout.

It was suppose to be filmed for a NIKE commercial but NIKE wasn’t with it.

Can’t dictate the terms of your interview like that though.

I respect Kaepernick but he needs to speak more. The power of speech can make people move mountains.

I read that Kaep had changed the venue a few days before and had a wavier and everything and told team like 90 before he was to have the workout.

I respect Kaepernick but he needs to speak more. The power of speech can make people move mountains.

This is why:

A waiver multiple attorney's have come out and said they wouldn't advise their client to sign. Go look at the breakdown of it on profootballtalk.com. Also the NFL tried to set Kaep up by not even telling him what receiver's he's throwing to. Think about it. You're a QB. Alot of your success depends on your connection with your receivers. You ain't about to go throw no damn timing routes on a pro workout w/ receiver's you've never worked with before. From a football perspective the NFL tried to dupe him too
No diss intended but this hella misinformed. BR broke it down but i gotta the waiver was bullshit

The workout was bullshit

The level of cooperation from the NFL is bullshit

Yall want Kaep to conform to the NFL and it should be the other way around

I know about that but he waited a long time to tell teams
shiz,fam, you're on the wrong side of this discussion imo

while we still don't know exactly what happened, I'm under the assumption that once he peeped what was going on with the NFL, he called an audible and it's not like it was some unreasonable request either

that's like you getting mad that brees wants people to come see him workout in BR instead of Nola. at this point, the NFL doesn't deserve any luxuries or accommodations

an hour drive in Atlanta ain't the worst thing they did over the weekend. they'll be more than ok

And why the naysayers so focused on Kaep changing venues but skip over the fact NFL scheduled the work out on the second worst day of the week

Aint no way you can look at this and say the NFL was being transparent and really trying to work with Kaep and his team. The idea that he should just shut up and fall in line is the reason why Kaep was kneeling the first place.

We our worst own worst enemies

shiz,fam, you're on the wrong side of this discussion imo

while we still don't know exactly what happened, I'm under the assumption that once he peeped what was going on with the NFL, he called an audible and it's not like it was some unreasonable request either

that's like you getting mad that brees wants people to come see him workout in BR instead of Nola. at this point, the NFL doesn't deserve any luxuries or accommodations

an hour drive in Atlanta ain't the worst thing they did over the weekend. they'll be more than ok
He called an audible. Perfect explanation. That should've been the national headline.

I request you follow suit and lock or merge this dud thread because it was created under false pretense

And why the naysayers so focused on Kaep changing venues but skip over the fact NFL scheduled the work out on the second worst day of the week

Aint no way you can look at this and say the NFL was being transparent and really trying to work with Kaep and his team. The idea that he should just shut up and fall in line is the reason why Kaep was kneeling the first place.

We our worst own worst enemies

Yea thats the most fucked up thing is when the NFL did it and didnt tell him till afterwards.

He changed venues a few days before but didnt tell teams till 90 minutes before the workout and wanted to make it a NIKE Commercial which the NFL agreed but NIKE said no.

Its hard to dicate the terms of a interview though. More power to Kaep

Number 1, the terms that the NFL tried to get him to try out under was not in good faith.

Number 2, he should NOT speak, people like Eric Reid and Nessa are doing the talking for him.

Back