Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Can we all agree that the fugees made one of the greatest hip hop albums in history?

Scust at you even writing this

You was raised by woman that couldnt keep a man I bet

I mean... true. But that's neither here nor there.
All Eyez On Me
7 Day Theory
Reasonable Doubt
Atliens
Ridin Dirty
It Was Written

Muddy Waters?
Hardcore << arguably shaped female hip hop more than any other album.
Ironman

tenor.gif

Damn 96 was a good year. And Fugees The Score had that shit on lock in the hood and in the mainstream.

But please take that lil kim album off there. If you wanna argue Lauryn Hill vs Lil Kim that would be a whole different thread and jokes would ensue.

Reactions: Az
I mean... true. But that's neither here nor there.

Damn 96 was a good year. And Fugees The Score had that shit on lock in the hood and in the mainstream.

But please take that lil kim album off there. If you wanna argue Lauryn Hill vs Lil Kim that would be a whole different thread and jokes would ensue.

Your original point was influence and for better or worse, Kim has had more influence on female hip hop than Lauryn.

AEOM sold more and had the hood on lock way more than The Score.

yo one time around that time me and my (female) cousin were riding in a cab in manhattan and this car full of thuggish ruggish looking dudes pulled up next to us blasting how many licks. We both looked at them and died laughing and they legit rolled up their windows and stared strait ahead until the light changed and they peeled the fuck out.

That' pretty much colored how i feel about dudes that listen to lil kim from that point on.

Are we debating more impactful or better?

I don't ride around listening to Kim fam lol I'm talking about influence on FEMALE rap.

Your original point was influence and for better or worse, Kim has had more influence on female hip hop than Lauryn.

Lauryn is always ranked higher when it comes to who's the best

Reactions: Az

lol we can't really compare albums sales over the year the record came out vs all the years since after dude got his
What in the game changed?

The number one hit on that song was an mc just singing a ballad. Now that's the norm for better or for worse but try to think of an example before that.

lol we can't really compare albums sales over the year the record came out vs all the years since after dude got his

The number one hit on that song was an mc just singing a ballad. Now that's the norm for better or for worse but try to think of an example before that.

AEOM went 5x plat in 2 months while he was alive.... He was the biggest rapper in the world WHILE ALIVE.

Yeah and they all trash and have some dude writing their lyrics.

You're talking about your opinion fam, i'm talking about influence. Kim has had more influence on female rap than lauryn hill. Is that a good thing? maybe not. But that's a fact.

Back