Welcome To aBlackWeb

That's why I put white in parenthesis every time.

And it depends on the punishment but I look at the death for certain violations as a cleansing or a purging of the community. In other words, it's a necessity.
The 'it depends' is my fear. People are gonna take it upon themselves as individuals to decide what a transgression is worthy of. That's frightening when one of the potentials is death.

The 'it depends' is my fear. People are gonna take it upon themselves as individuals to decide what a transgression is worthy of. That's frightening when one of the potentials is death.

Exactly.

Especially how these gun toting, trigger happy muthafuccas are around here. They're just itching a reason to let off a few rounds.

Kidnaping, intentional murder (not self defense) and sexual abuse are worthy of death. The most egregious violations against life deserve death.

Kidnaping, intentional murder (not self defense) and sexual abuse are worthy of death. The most egregious violations against life deserve death.
What do we do in the case of false accusations or lack of witnesses? Who determines that the acts deserve death? Communal vote? Individual discretion?

I don't believe we need police. Police, the prison system, were not made to help minorities, or keep them safe, and I don't believe the police have kept minorities safe, or anyone else for that matter.

The only way I'd say the system should still stand is if they changed it. Half the stuff that's illegal, shouldn't even be illegal. The other half of stuff should be seen as health or mental issues and be dealt with accordingly. Putting non violent people in prison does little to no good for anyone. Do you think more crime occurs in America than anywhere else in the world? Cause I don't. But we have a prison population bigger than dome small countries. How's that work? It never has. The system, including the police, are fucked up.

What do we do in the case of false accusations or lack of witnesses? Who determines that the acts deserve death? Communal vote? Individual discretion?

Imo, false accusers (when proven) should receive whatever punishment that the accused got or would have received. I also don't think a death penalty should be based on individual discretion. Whether it's a communal vote like you said or if it's just a small list of acts previously agreed upon by the people of that community that would illicit that kind of action. The lack of witnesses is a great point also. Without a witness the accuser should still be able to plead their cause to the community but without any kind of evidence or witnesses there should be no formal conviction, especially of death.

Penalties for smaller violations imo could be strictly case by case and determined by a vote from the people of the community as well.

I don't believe we need police. Police, the prison system, were not made to help minorities, or keep them safe, and I don't believe the police have kept minorities safe, or anyone else for that matter.

The only way I'd say the system should still stand is if they changed it. Half the stuff that's illegal, shouldn't even be illegal. The other half of stuff should be seen as health or mental issues and be dealt with accordingly. Putting non violent people in prison does little to no good for anyone. Do you think more crime occurs in America than anywhere else in the world? Cause I don't. But we have a prison population bigger than dome small countries. How's that work? It never has. The system, including the police, are fucked up.

Excellent points!

Eh, the only place I could see it happening is in Japan.

Westernised countries are too lost. Black people policing themselves is a pipe dream as well.

I agree to a certain extent.

In a nut shell, the system itself has to change. But to abolish it altogether, naw. I don't have faith in society enough to believe folks will do the right thing for themselves and others.

Power is an addictive drug mayne. And if there's no law/rules set in place, folks will do any and everything they can to obtain it.

Sorry this has everything to do with white people.
We are talking about police here.
To say it has nothing to do with white people is ignoring the very foundation of Americas policing system.
that logic is ahistorical.

I may be getting too deep here, but work with me..... Cuz I swear something race said triggered a thought I was having the other day.....

We have an obsession with jail, that may not necessarily match our true beliefs about right and wrong.

To deny that prison is largely about profit in this country is simply down to ignorance at this point. Prison is a business. Harsh sentencing has little to do with right and wrong,, but everything to do with green.

That said let's look back at for a quick second at our..... Childhoods...

We're constantly taught about mistakes. Saying we're sorry, and giving people second chances. We teach our children the same values. People make mistakes. Forgiveness is even a cornerstone of many of our religions.

Even in cartoons. The bad guy sees his wrong, feels bad, apologizes, and everyone hugs and forgives him. He has his redemption through facing his peers, and then he is allowed to be one with the group again.

This is at our cores. We recognize that any one of us can have a bad day, or make bad decisions. We don't take the stance that all those who fuck up should be punished, we are more, everybody makes mistakes.

That's until we reach adulthood and have an over whelming urge to see people punished for the silliest shit....

We make constant mockeries of it. We been arguing for decades as to the integrity of it due to so so much corruption.

Plus to add in the very obvious racist agendas being enforced through police, and the fact that the elitist make trillions off of the prison system.

There's just too much going on to not question the absolute worth of police....

I would love to sum this up with a solution or alternative, but imma let this cook first

I may be getting too deep here, but work with me..... Cuz I swear something race said triggered a thought I was having the other day.....

We have an obsession with jail, that may not necessarily match our true beliefs about right and wrong.

To deny that prison is largely about profit in this country is simply down to ignorance at this point. Prison is a business. Harsh sentencing has little to do with right and wrong,, but everything to do with green.

We're constantly taught about mistakes. Saying we're sorry, and giving people second chances. We teach our children the same values. People make mistakes. Forgiveness is even a cornerstone of many of our religions.

Even in cartoons. The bad guy sees his wrong, feels bad, apologizes, and everyone hugs and forgives him. He has his redemption through facing his peers, and then he is allowed to be one with the group again.

This is at our cores. We recognize that any one of us can have a bad day, or make bad decisions. We don't take the stance that all those who fuck up should be punished, we are more, everybody makes mistakes.

That's until we reach adulthood and have an over whelming urge to see people punished for the silliest shit....

We make constant mockeries of it. We been arguing for decades as to the integrity of it due to so so much corruption.

Plus to add in the very obvious racist agendas being enforced through police, and the fact that the elitist make trillions off of the prison system.

I would love to sum this up with a solution or alternative, but imma let this cook first

The western world is not conducive to a healthy society. Obviously all cultures have their problems but in America everything has a multiplier attached to it.

Nothing with logic is followed through. I just had a conversation the other day that politicians are not about solving things in America.

Politics in America are like a roundabout, no one likes to be in it and everyone else can't be trusted while in it. Nothing is done preserve the future generations or nature.

I wrote more but I went past the character limit and deleted it.

You bring up some good points Du. This country was built on slavery and as it was stated before the original name of the police was literally the slave patrol. At the end of the day prison = slavery/human capital. It's been this way from the beginning. But we don't have an obsession with jail. White people (or their systems) have an obsession with evil, particularly murder, deceit, theft and oppression/slavery. So if the people are obsessed with jail it's because the foundation of this system is obsessed with slavery.

One of the many beautiful things about nature is that its laws apply to all things. One law of nature is that the root always feeds the fruit. If we have an obsession with murder or robbery it's because the foundation of American culture is rooted in murder and robbery. Murder was a way of life to the point where it was their entertainment even earlier than the roman days with the slaves fighting for their lives in the coliseums for the mere entertainment of the citizens. Fast forward to the celebratory public executions of Black men, women and children for centuries. Fast forward to us watching our brothers and sisters die in front of us with our phones out or live on the social media site of our choice. By the time we're adults we've learned the ways of our society around us.

As far as forgiveness goes, forgiveness is a great and powerful thing, but there's levels to forgiveness. Black people are always asked to be forgiving at all times and for all evils done to us.

Back